Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    who brought in Dwane Casey?

to all those posters who already want Casey out after just his 2nd season. seeing all sorts of crazy posts throughout the threads about wanting to give Casey the axe or people who are mind boggled by Casey
    or maybe the ones who think Casey is awesome should look at this point of view as well before facepalming- he's a brand new head coach.

if you aren't mind boggled by Casey at times- then you gotta take off your beer goggles. He's not perfect but he's no Phil Jackson-i.e. easily replaceable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    or maybe the ones who think Casey is awesome should look at this point of view as well before facepalming- he's a brand new head coach.

if you aren't mind boggled by Casey at times- then you gotta take off your beer goggles. He's not perfect but he's no Phil Jackson-i.e. easily replaceable.
    We don't have enough shot creators or shot makers to run the offense Casey wants to instil. And a lot of his questionable rotations are because of our inconsistent talent. He's not perfect but a lot of you guys exaggerate things and make him out to be the scapegoat for circumstances beyond his control.

vCash

exctly, he is a brand new head coach so i expect him to make mistakes like matching bargnani with west, but learning from that and the 2nd time around matching amir johnson instead

he is learning from his mistakes, he takes ownership to that

he's the best we ever had and how many of these great coaches even want to come over to canada and teach a young squad? they want to win championships, not rebuild and with the work casey has done last season with the defense goes to show that he can be a great coach once he reaches his prime

who can replace Casey? in all seriousness? Who? Because like i said, not a lot of coaches would want to come to Toronto and our situation
    Last edited by Byronicle; 11-14-2012 at 01:00 AM.

vCash
    you're very optimistic, nothing wrong with being pessimistic either.

Jonas- rookie, who know what the future holds- what if he never develops a offensive game?

Lowry- could be thinking about his way out in two years

Derozan- he can't do anything in terms of wanting to go anywhere- we own his rights, he knows he got more than he would have gotten on the open market. I still don't think Derozan deserved that contract.
    with the way derozan is playing right now, he would've been paid way more than the 9.5 million/year we gave him

there is always a team who will give out bad contracts. look at raptors and fields for example

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    Not to mention that at least 4 of our losses were easily winnable games we ended up losing by 1 or 2 possessions (Utah, Indy, Dallas, BK). Our record looks bad but we could just as easily be 5-3 or 4-4 even with Lowry's injury.

Personally, us being not even 10% done the season, I am not panicking in the slightest right now, especially with the win tonight, and the tough schedule to start the season.
    I just don't have any expectations this season or any season. I don't expect playoffs, I don't expect anything. I don't see why I should. It's entertainment. I get what I get and I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER IT. If I let it upset me it wouldn't be entertainment would it? lol.

Teams can be streaky. And teams that are just trying to gel can go through a lot of games to come together. Looks like that's what's happening.

This is a pretty young team and they are clearly learning how to close the small gap between winning and losing, hence the close scores at times. That takes a while.
    Last edited by ink; 11-14-2012 at 08:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    with the way derozan is playing right now, he would've been paid way more than the 9.5 million/year we gave him

there is always a team who will give out bad contracts. look at raptors and fields for example
    and thats ovepayment.

you can try to 'justify' these contracts by comparing similar contracts, stats, but in the end, its still overpaying.

okay even if Derozan got way overpaid by some other team, their problem, not the Raptors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I just don't have any expectations this season or any season. I don't expect playoffs, I don't expect anything. I don't see why I should. It's entertainment. I get what I get and I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER IT. If I let it upset me it wouldn't be entertainment would it? lol.

Teams can be streaky. And teams that are just trying to gel can go through a lot of games to come together. Looks like that's what's happening.

This is a pretty young team and they are clearly learning how to close the small gap between winning and losing, hence the close scores at times. That takes a while.
    Even with expectations, I think 2-6 is probably around where most people would expect this team with such a challenging early schedule. We've been fortunate that a lot of teams have had signficant injury concerns, but we've had ours as well.

But I personally don't see this as a "overreaction thread" as much as I see it as an ongoing discussion about the core pieces of this franchise. I think Bargnani (and to a lesser extent Colangelo) is the center of many people's concerns and this thread is no different. Other concerns are things that need to be brought up this off-season anyways (Kleiza, Calderon) as one is an expiring and one has a player option. As Casey works to change the culture around the team, one would think some of the longer tenured players on the team may not adapt particularly well to the cultural shift. I don't think we've seen that player overhaul yet, but I think we could this off-season.

vCash
    okay i take it all back. Wictory baby! everything is back to normal.

vCash

Casey is the best thing that's on this team... He took a **** team and made them play good defense, tough hard basketball and that's all I ask from my teams.

Sure Casey has his weaknesses but I think his strengths far out weigh any negatives that he has as a coach.

The only ones I would "overhaul" are Fields aka Kapono and Bargs!!!
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

vCash
    I would run an IQ test for the posters on this forum just out of curiosity.

Anyway let's trade all the euros, whites, and Italians from Raptors and bring back Ben Uzoh (he is triple double machine).

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Even with expectations, I think 2-6 is probably around where most people would expect this team with such a challenging early schedule. We've been fortunate that a lot of teams have had signficant injury concerns, but we've had ours as well.

But I personally don't see this as a "overreaction thread" as much as I see it as an ongoing discussion about the core pieces of this franchise. I think Bargnani (and to a lesser extent Colangelo) is the center of many people's concerns and this thread is no different. Other concerns are things that need to be brought up this off-season anyways (Kleiza, Calderon) as one is an expiring and one has a player option. As Casey works to change the culture around the team, one would think some of the longer tenured players on the team may not adapt particularly well to the cultural shift. I don't think we've seen that player overhaul yet, but I think we could this off-season.
    Fair enough. That's why I sought feedback as to whether or not the thread should stay open.

vCash
    I'd like to see one big trade before we blow it up. I doubt Jose stays here if we go into a complete rebuild, so give him a shot at a ring along with Bargs and see what we can get. Maybe throw in Ross if it gives us a super legit player at the 3 or 4 and a bit of flexibility.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    We'll see at the end of the season, which also happens to be the end of BCs contract with the team. It will no doubt be a very hot topic, especially if the team doesn't make the headway everyone is demanding.

If he is fired there could be an overhaul. If he is not, I don't expect one.

vCash
    a lot of the fan base of raptors feels disappointed with their big names not performing to the level of expectations and suggesting some overhaul. will you trade barg, kleiza and calderon for pau gasol and metta and throw in steve blake to replace calderon. Totally change your principle of an offensive atmosphere into a more half court style that fits Casey's style of coaching just a thought?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QUICKTRADE View Post
    a lot of the fan base of raptors feels disappointed with their big names not performing to the level of expectations and suggesting some overhaul. will you trade barg, kleiza and calderon for pau gasol and metta and throw in steve blake to replace calderon. Totally change your principle of an offensive atmosphere into a more half court style that fits Casey's style of coaching just a thought?
    I'd do that in a heartbeat. Pau would be an excellent player to have alongside Val and would be a good, high-percentage shooter to have on the floor when Derozan isn't getting to the line. I'm not sold on MWP but I'd rather have him out there than Fields any day.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast