Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    hey im not happy by our record

but i will go down with this ship, and i won't put my hands up and surrender
    i feel like that is a song

dido, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i feel like that is a song

dido, is that you?
    haha great song. raptors should really consider playing it in their openings seeing how the season is going

vCash
    We have to be one of the worst franchises in history

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    We have to be one of the worst franchises in history
    Number of years vs. playoff appearances then I guess you are right.

vCash
    Then how about we just totally blow it up:

1. Raptors trade Kyle Lowry and Landry Fields to the Jazz for Derrick Favors and a first round pick.

2. Raptors trade Jose Calderon to the Lakers for a 2013 first rounder.

3. Raptors trade Demar Derozen and Aaron Gray to the Boston Celtics for Courtney Lee and two future first rounders.

4. Raptors trade Bargnani and Kleiza to the New York Knicks for Iman Shumpert and a 2013 first.

We get rid of every player that we had that was still tied to the past softness of the franchise. We allow Ross and Valanciunas to run free this season and tank the **** out of the year as a result.

We finally create a situation where we are a bad team for a string of years and then let the drafting propel us.

We're stuck in a circle of mediocrity and sometimes to get out of that, you have to throw away the marker drawing the circle and get a new one, see if any other shapes come to mind with the switch.
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

vCash
    I don't know what to say actually. I felt that this group would be competitive, would be winning many more games and be around .500 by the end of the season. I think we have been competitive, and have been in most of the games so far. My concern isn't our record, its how the players are playing together, and how little "gelling" there is...I have been very unimpressed with Lowry thus far offensively and defensively. Bargs has been good offensively as of late, but uninspiring defensively, and the list goes on. I honestly don't know if its a player issue, or a coaching issue, and that is why I'm not sure what to do to fix it....do I think we need to blow it up - short answer NO. but we definitely need to do something. I do think that Bargs will be traded, and one of Amir or Ed Davis will likely go to. I really don't see Jose going as Lowry plays a style that leaves him Susceptible to injuries and JL3 sucks hard. I guess in the end I think that the talent is there to have a better record than we have - so I'm not sure where the problem lays - with the player, coach or GM.

vCash
    You know what is most bothersome about this whole mess were in, usually even with a bad team, collectively fans in this forum have some good ideas how to turn it around quickly. This team is such a mess in salary, lack of talent, and the potential of losing a draft pick for a player who at this point is not worth the pick we gave up. You can just list all the sideways and backwards moves this team has made in its history and come to the conclusion that if you were trying to suck you couldn't do it better then they have.

T-Mac for nothing.
    Bosh for nothing.
    Vince (would have been better if it was nothing) we had to buy out So, among taking in stupid salary.
    Bringing in Hakeem.
    Trading away Hibbert
    Bringing in Marion, freeing up cap space for Miami.
    The list goes on.
    I won't put Barngani in there because the worst draft maybe ever is the one we win.Just bad luck there.

So sad....so maybe it is time to pull the pin a blow it up completely. Rewind the clock and pretend its 1995. I don't know anymore.

vCash
    Two things will happen: my crystal ball says

If we are 10-12 games below .500 and 7 games out of 8th spot before the trade deadline, a drastic change may happen from the top.

However...

If we are 6-7 games below .500, 3-4 games out of 8th spot, BC will get his last breath from Rogers and will pursue a big bold move before 2/15/13, planning to make a serious run for that last two playoff spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Two things will happen: my crystal ball says

If we are 10-12 games below .500 and 7 games out of 8th spot before the trade deadline, a drastic change may happen from the top.

However...

If we are 6-7 games below .500, 3-4 games out of 8th spot, BC will get his last breath from Rogers and will pursue a big bold move before 2/15/13, planning to make a serious run for that last two playoff spots.
    I fear for the latter case. Desperate GMs make bad moves that hurt franchises for years after they are inevitably canned.

vCash
    Yeah, that's the problem. Do we want BC to make a desperation move sending future picks and young players for a bandaid type of fix just to try and be one and done in the playoffs? I certainly don't want another Jermaine O'Neal type of trade at this point.

vCash
    We will be watchful spectators for all the changes that may happen this season.

If the former happens then its meant to be. With BC gone, I am sure the changes will affect the make up of the roster and that would include Bargnani.

If the latter do occur and he stays put, I will be content that he address the SF position. Obtain a legit 3 and retain Pietrus as the back up. I would be a happy camper if he improves the 6th man position by getting a scorer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    You know what is most bothersome about this whole mess were in, usually even with a bad team, collectively fans in this forum have some good ideas how to turn it around quickly. This team is such a mess in salary, lack of talent, and the potential of losing a draft pick for a player who at this point is not worth the pick we gave up. You can just list all the sideways and backwards moves this team has made in its history and come to the conclusion that if you were trying to suck you couldn't do it better then they have.

T-Mac for nothing.
    Bosh for nothing.
    Vince (would have been better if it was nothing) we had to buy out So, among taking in stupid salary.
    Bringing in Hakeem.
    Trading away Hibbert
    Bringing in Marion, freeing up cap space for Miami.
    The list goes on.
    I won't put Barngani in there because the worst draft maybe ever is the one we win.Just bad luck there.

So sad....so maybe it is time to pull the pin a blow it up completely. Rewind the clock and pretend its 1995. I don't know anymore.
    The only way this franchise moves forward truly is if we land a top 3 pick imo.

Otherwise the Raptors are just spinning their heels. Jonas is the only true untouchable on this team. I say that because I doubt teams are gonna give up the type of player wanted in order to move him.

vCash
    Overall our team has not played well together, there are a lot variables in this equation.

Bad coaching is number 1 on my list , Casey doesn't understand fitting players together, like Greg pop does, manu could easily start, but he sees it as a better fit, to bring his scoring off the bench to mesh with those guys, and starts green for three point spacing off of Tim, in short its not about playing your best five out the gate, it's about who will fit well together so we play well as a team.
    Some of the things, I'm going to say, is going to up set many of you, so breath take it easy and try to understand.
    I don't like they way Demar is fitting with Jonas, could they co exist together, yes, but the way Casey has drawn up our offense its not working, way too guard dominant, not looking inside and shooting ourselves in the foot, I want Jonas to get ten shots first quarter, that will change our team, his inside presence will set the tone, get bigs in foul trouble and then open up our shooters, this concept is as old as the hills, Jonas has shot a great Fg% with limited touches, he's took it to Tim D, he went at Roy hib and then got benched and we had that 5 point fourth quarter , I like Casey as a person and wanted him to succeed, but I'm done with him, he doesn't understand the x and o's of basketball.
    I'm lobbying for Terrance Ross to get the start at the two, his basketball IQ is way higher than demar, in the pick in roll he looks to make the right play, on D he hustles and plays well off the ball getting to the right spots, and his shot will get better and better with more time opening up his drive , and most important , i think he will mesh with Jonas much better.
    With Barg starting it's creates space down low for Jonas to go one on one, pic and roll with Lowery or Jose, the big cant help because of barg, you should have Jonas in a good position to take advantage every time, that should be our most common play, have faith in Jonas, I'm always right.
    Demar can become our Manu, the scoring punch off the bench witch shouldn't be undervalued, I like demar and I'm proud the way he has improved, especially after last year performance.
    Common sense is not too common, and Casey proves that.
    Last edited by Tom Stone; 12-05-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    <b>THE  OPINION</b>

Does thinking your the last sane man on this
    planet make you crazy...then maybe i am...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stone View Post
    Overall our team has not played well together, there are a lot variables in this equation.

Bad coaching is number 1 on my list , Casey doesn't understand fitting players together, like Greg pop does, manu could easily start, but he sees it as a better fit, to bring his scoring off the bench to mesh with those guys, and starts green for three point spacing off of Tim, in short its not about playing your best five out the gate, it's about who will fit well together so we play well as a team.
    He has been starting McGuire and Pietrus. They are not one of our "best 5".

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stone View Post
    Some of the things, I'm going to say, is going to up set many of you, so breath take it easy and try to understand.
    I don't like they way Demar is fitting with Jonas, could they co exist together, yes, but the way Casey has drawn up our offense its not working, way too guard dominant, not looking inside and shooting ourselves in the foot, I want Jonas to get ten shots first quarter, that will change our team, his inside presence will set the tone, get bigs in foul trouble and then open up our shooters, this concept is as old as the hills, Jonas has shot a great Fg% with limited touches, he's took it to Tim D, he went at Roy hib and then got benched and we had that 5 point fourth quarter , I like Casey as a person and wanted him to succeed, but I'm done with him, he doesn't understand the x and o's of basketball.
    I'm lobbying for Terrance Ross to get the start at the two, his basketball IQ is way higher than demar, in the pick in roll he looks to make the right play, on D he hustles and plays well off the ball getting to the right spots, and his shot will get better and better with more time opening up his drive , and most important , i think he will mesh with Jonas much better.
    With Barg starting it's creates space down low for Jonas to go one on one, pic and roll with Lowery or Jose, the big cant help because of barg, you should have Jonas in a good position to take advantage every time, that should be our most common play, have faith in Jonas, I'm always right.
    Demar can become our Manu, the scoring punch off the bench witch shouldn't be undervalued, I like demar and I'm proud the way he has improved, especially after last year performance.
    Common sense is not too common, and Casey proves that.
    Having Demar come off the bench isn't a horrible idea. Having Ross out there with Pietrus would spread the floor more for Jonas, I am just unsure if he will play as well as you think he will. Would be interesting to try this strategy.

vCash
    hahha this franchise is pathetic..

i never understood why some of you were so excited this year when we got kyle lowry

i knew it was a horrible idea to give up a lott pick for this dude ..... u never give up lottery picks for role players

andrea bargnani should have been traded after bosh left the team he sucks and how many years did it really take for u guys to see? after his 2nd year the guy was complete crap.... the reason he even gets his numbers on a bad team is cause he has to shoot the ball

derozan sucks why the hell did BC give him an extension? he should have just waited until free agency

i don't understand why we don't blow it up and tank hard for high draft picks

that's the only way that this franchise will move on

fire BC ... lol he gave so much money to fields who's trash

i knew he sucked ... but some of u actually thought it was a decent move ROFL!

raptors suck sell the team and move out of canada

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast