Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Raptors could probably stand to change everything from the logo, to the name, to the jerseys. May be a good time for a re-brand this off-season... 'Raptors' could stay, but should represent a bird of prey, not a Jurrassic Park dinosaur... That talon-ball logo could work with some tweaking... My thoughts anyway...

Dump Bargnani as soon as possible too. I hate watching that guy play basketball. Wouldn't be on the court if he wasn't 7 feet tall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    "start
    lowry
    ross
    dd
    ed
    val"

All players drafted by BC
    Probably the only five players I'd be disappointed to see moved in a trade too .

(Actually, I forgot abouit Alan Anderson, I like him as well)

I should note I don't hate all the other players, I just don't see the value in moving on with them as part of the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Probably the only five players I'd be disappointed to see moved in a trade too .

(Actually, I forgot abouit Alan Anderson, I like him as well)

I should note I don't hate all the other players, I just don't see the value in moving on with them as part of the future.
    if we are gonna stink i wouldn't mind seeing this as well
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    We seriously need to take a flyer on Jeff Green. Anyone think a one for one swap of Bargs for him would work ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AntwanN21 View Post
    We seriously need to take a flyer on Jeff Green. Anyone think a one for one swap of Bargs for him would work ?
    Doc Rivers would never allow it. We should have taken a chance on him during the off season. He would have been a much better risk than Fields.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Doc Rivers would never allow it. We should have taken a chance on him during the off season. He would have been a much better risk than Fields.
    Lol Jeff Green's contract is one of the worst contracts out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Lol Jeff Green's contract is one of the worst contracts out there.
    Who cares? The point I was making was that if Bryan was going to take such a huge risk this off season, he should have taken a chance on players with infinitely higher ceilings than players like Landry.

The difference in their contracts is inconsequential when you realize the extent of Landry's production.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Still no reason to keep starting reaction threads. Mile High nailed it.
    Respectfully disagree. 3-11 is unacceptable. Discussing where we are at 13-14 games into the season is a discussion moderators seem not keen to have? It is not a reaction to a single game but a discussion about where we are at THIS season and how raptor fans should approach ThIS season going forward. If mods don't care about this season, then fine, but for those posters that do allow this discussion to occur.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by psrs1 View Post
    Respectfully disagree. 3-11 is unacceptable. Discussing where we are at 13-14 games into the season is a discussion moderators seem not keen to have? It is not a reaction to a single game but a discussion about where we are at THIS season and how raptor fans should approach ThIS season going forward. If mods don't care about this season, then fine, but for those posters that do allow this discussion to occur.
    And you can't react in this thread or this thread: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=782166

There are threads out there for discussing how the season has gone and how frustrating it is. Also I know when I was pissed with where we are after the spurs game, I posted about it in the spurs thread. That is where a lot of the raptors posters were.

vCash
    This team is so pathetic! Might be the worst Raps team I've seen.
    The Big Three!!

vCash
    If i'm Casey I just ride out the young players. Bargs should be benched for lack of hustle as well as anyone else who doesn't play full out! They make enough money to bleed every single night to win.
    The Big Three!!

vCash
    I wish all are players played like Lucas and Val. Those guys play with hustle and grit and that's is all i want. I don't get if we win or not as long as where Playing full out every second.
    The Big Three!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    And you can't react in this thread or this thread: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=782166

There are threads out there for discussing how the season has gone and how frustrating it is. Also I know when I was pissed with where we are after the spurs game, I posted about it in the spurs thread. That is where a lot of the raptors posters were.
    In fact I did express my concerns if scroll through. My response was a concern I had when mile high cramped closed a thread on 3-10 is it time to panic? Ask for other posters to express their opinions. Mile high champ believed it to be a reaction thread to the game the previous night. The thread was in response to the current status of THIS season in totality based on first 13 games and go forward the next 69 games. I understand the overall philosophy of long time PSDers looking big picture not game to game. But if generally you cannot see where this now 3-13 start is going you have blinders on. Believe or not you can exert pressure on BC and MLSE through the media and even letters. Trust me as a long term season seat holder they do think about what fans say of them.

vCash
    One correction champ not cramped I apologize for inadvertent typo .

vCash
    Tough one to call.

For a small market team, to build a contender means having elite drafting abilities.

Colangelo IMO is a top 5 GM in that regard in the whole league, getting Demar, Ross, Valanciunas and a ton of others (Amare, Marion, etc.) in the past.

Does he have weaknesses (FA signings)? Of course.

At this point, I stick with him because the only real blemishes he has are Turk for the most part. They should've jumped into the Asik sweepstakes which was a miss but other then that, he's done an admirable job.

I really like Dwyane Casey as the coach but the fact is that certain key weaknesses on the roster need to be filled for him to get what he needs from this team.

1. Calderon needs to go. As simple as that, I love the guy and he is very talented but unless he's surrounded by superstar caliber players, he hurts to have on a team because you simply cannot be a good defense with him on the floor. The solution is to get someone like CJ Watson who is a great defender at the position, can knock down a jumper and plays within himself.

2. The bench post players both need to go. I really like Amir's energy and Ed does show promise but for this team to be successful, I think we need a solid defensive post player coming off of the bench, that might be a more seasoned Ed Davis or someone else. At the moment, we really struggle to defend inside with these two on the court. I would personally see if Houston would be willing to trade Ed Davis for Cole Aldrich. He is a guy that can finish around the bucket, is long and is a shot blocker. He's not a great player but I think that is the ideal player to be a backup post player, a role like Asik filled in Chicago.

3. Time. Two of the current rotation players (Ross, Jonas) are rookies. THey need time to learn to play effectively on both ends in the NBA.

4. The SF position. Is Ross a tweener at the position? For sure if they decide to put him there. Ross does crash the glass and can be a good man defender which Ronnie Brewer can teach us is not necessary to have inches on the guy. Avery Bradley, one of the league's elite one on one defenders, is a 6'2-6'3 SG/PG who has to guard guys 6'5-6'6 every night. What's so different about a 6'7 guy being asked to guard 6'8-6'9 if the guy is a good defender. On defense, moving your feet, crowding the guy and not giving him space to comfortably shoot are the fundamentals of on man defending. No where in there does it say you need equal height to your competition to shut them down.

Finally, the most important fix:

5. Charles Oakley. Not THE Charles Oakley but A CHARLES OAKLEY. The thing that the Raptors have lacked since the Carter Era is leadership and a guy who can chew guys out to keep them accountable. McGloire kind of filled that role but he doesn't command the respect on the court like Oakley did throughout his career. I think this is the biggest need for this team and one they need to fill asap. One can talk about changing culture, etc. and even have role models to live by that but until you have that guard dog that chews on anyone not walking on the sidewalk, you have inconsistency maintaining the effectiveness of the message.

I loved Reggie Evans for this reason. He did this even with his on-court contribution. If you didn't put in the effort he did, you were embarrassed and made to look bad on the court. As injury prone as he is, the Toronto Raptors need Andrew Bogut. Bogut is a tough mofo who brings that edge to a team and passion to the court. Paul Millsap is another guy that fits that mold and could be had.

This team needs someone with heart, grit and toughness.
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast