Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Put a solid SF on this team and the puzzle fits a lot better. There is a lot of induvidual talent but some guys are trying to do too much. ie Brags gets lost on defence, Lowry wants to take every shot, Amir shooting 3s
    JAYS RAPSLEAFSRAIDERS

(disclaimer:
    All opinions are just out of my head and in no way can be taken as fact until they happen
    )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    yes but that also means the team's defense helped their rating in the most regard.

well if you aren't going to use defensive rating, why bring up synergy stats? lol

I'm just saying he's a more typical PF for a team. Our team defense isn't as bad with Casey in the mix- so i'm not too worried about Jefferson's lackadaisal defense. We're bringing in Jefferson for rebounding and interior presence. and thats a damning fact that Jefferson will help out with the team's defense due to his rebounding, which is an indication of strong interior presense on the defensive end. He might not be a top tier defensive player but lets not try to make Bargnani as a superior player than him.
    Because Synergy and defensive ratings are two different things. It records a player's success on 1 on 1 coverages, pick and rolls etc

DRTG is a function of pace and team defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Because Synergy and defensive ratings are two different things. It records a player's success on 1 on 1 coverages, pick and rolls etc

DRTG is a function of pace and team defense.
    i def don't think our team would be worse with Al Jefferson. I think we would be a better rebounding team and those block shots on defense would help. Bargnani hasn't been exactly the saviour to this team and we all know he's a future bench player due to his inability to do anything else on the floor except score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost dog View Post
    Put a solid SF on this team and the puzzle fits a lot better. There is a lot of induvidual talent but some guys are trying to do too much. ie Brags gets lost on defence, Lowry wants to take every shot, Amir shooting 3s
    problem is, there aren't that many small forwards that are solid and are available. we have a better chance to snag a solid PF in the open market than get a SF.

vCash
    We are a strong on talent, weak on leadership, the raptors need a superstar, when vince walked away from the basket at the dunk comp and told you it was over, everyone knew it, because vince said so, That's what the raptors lack, the one guy to take the game over and finish it in the last 8 mins, the bench is deep and the starting 4 would be solid around a superstar, I want a stone cold killer in the last mins of a game, young, old, don't care, just someone to show these guys what it takes to step on a team when they have them down and not to worry or care what it costs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    problem is, there aren't that many small forwards that are solid and are available. we have a better chance to snag a solid PF in the open market than get a SF.
    I still wish we would take a serious run at Rudy Gay...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrker View Post
    We are a strong on talent, weak on leadership, the raptors need a superstar, when vince walked away from the basket at the dunk comp and told you it was over, everyone knew it, because vince said so, That's what the raptors lack, the one guy to take the game over and finish it in the last 8 mins, the bench is deep and the starting 4 would be solid around a superstar, I want a stone cold killer in the last mins of a game, young, old, don't care, just someone to show these guys what it takes to step on a team when they have them down and not to worry or care what it costs
    ****ing Rudy Gay does it again Man!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by psrs1 View Post
    I still wish we would take a serious run at Rudy Gay...
    i would forgive every bad move BC has made since he came here if he found some way to get rudy gay on this team while keeping klow and JV.

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    i know this is out of left field but this seems like the right thread... it seems like most people feel like the biggest mistake Colangelo has made as GM was trading for Jermaine O'Neal. in my mind that was one of the few moves he got right, the mistake was abandoning it so damn quickly.

this guy never gives things time to gel. Calderon and Bosh played very well together, they had an inside defensive presence to go alongside Bosh for the first time, and a budding young sharp-shooting big to provide offense off the bench.

sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Colangelo was on his contract year that year.

He needs to stick to his guts instead of rushing. But considering MLSE only gave him 2 year deals, it's hard for him to rebuild longterm.

vCash

What is Forum Consensus re time to panic?

At 3-10 in my opinion, we are already there. With the potential for 7-9 losses in the next 9 games when do you realize meaningful games are not so meaningful anymore because 2 or 3 wins or losses in a row won't change the overall season outlook for our team. I easily see us at 5-17 at the 22 game mark coming home tired and losing another divisional game to Brooklyn to go 0-5 in the division and 5-18 overall well on their way to 50 losses and less meaningful games come January. What is your opinion ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy_T28 View Post
    i would forgive every bad move BC has made since he came here if he found some way to get rudy gay on this team while keeping klow and JV.
    Me too.

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    im well im not panicking because i never really assumed wed make the playoffs.. i never thought we would be this bad but.... i dunno .. i have sort of already come to terms with missing the playoffs this year and now im basically just gonna enjoy watching my favorite players play..
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    not gonna panic yet. most of us planned on making the playoffs before season start and im sticking with it. weve had some injuries and like 10 close games (decided by 6 pts or less).... Lets see what happens when were 50 or 60% in and not 15% in....

Give our guys time to gel and see what happens. they have no reason to tank either because lowry will not resign with a **** team and our pick if bad enough will go to OKC

vCash
    all star weekend if we are 10 games under .500

2014 Atlantic Division Champions!
    Let's Go Raptors! #ProveEm #WeNotMe

48-33

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast