Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QUICKTRADE View Post
    a lot of the fan base of raptors feels disappointed with their big names not performing to the level of expectations and suggesting some overhaul. will you trade barg, kleiza and calderon for pau gasol and metta and throw in steve blake to replace calderon. Totally change your principle of an offensive atmosphere into a more half court style that fits Casey's style of coaching just a thought?
    I like the idea of Pau on the Raptors but I don't see the Lakers moving him. I really don't get all the "trade Pau" threads in the NBA and Lakers forums. They badly need a versatile player like him beside D12. Highly under-rated and under-appreciated. A bit like Jose in that way tbh.

vCash
    a lot of the fan base of raptors feels disappointed with their big names not performing to the level of expectations and suggesting some overhaul. will you trade barg, kleiza and calderon for pau gasol and metta and throw in steve blake to replace calderon. Totally change your principle of an offensive atmosphere into a more half court style that fits Casey's style of coaching just a thought?
    I'd love that. I'm not sure the Lakers do that though. But a veteran big like Pau would be a great mentor to our young bigs (Davis, Val) and could aid us in convincing Lowry to stick around as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    euro 3: 3 over payed one dimensional players that you can't win with.
    How is Kleiza one-dimensional?

Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    scouting staff: drafting history speaks 4 itself. missing out on guys like iggy, granger for guys like graham and araujo consistently year after year. Also never having any success in the second round. scouting d needs an overhaul.
    Do we even have the same scouting staff as we did in those drafts?

Also do you not remember the injury concern for Granger? The Iggy thing, that was because we drafted based on need and I agree it was a stupid idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Yeah I don't see that either. If anything he seems to need a lot more reps. He struggles off the bench. Look at how he excelled when he got heavy minutes in the Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Yeah I don't see that either. If anything he seems to need a lot more reps. He struggles off the bench. Look at how he excelled when he got heavy minutes in the Olympics.
    I truly don't understand how a dude like Kleiza, who can score in more ways than virtually anybody on the team is fighting so hard for minutes? And at a spot that's been such a liability to boot. I think it's a no-brainer. If he's not scoring, sure, put in Fields, AA or McGuire based on need and performance, but a team that struggles so much to put the ball in the net shouldn't have a legitimate 3-point and post threat sitting on the bench.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Raptors fans keep bashing players without logical arguments. People on this forum call players and management garbage and other names just because the team is not wining. Everybody in the raptors organization try to win the best they can. Nobody sabotages the organization from inside (maybe the refs but they are not payed by the raptors but by the NBA). Hockey fans would appreciate an effort like the one raptors gave in the game against Utah when the luck and the refs were against the team. So called basketball fans are disgraceful and ready to trow players under the bus regardless how hard they compete.
    Last edited by the life; 11-14-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    I truly don't understand how a dude like Kleiza, who can score in more ways than virtually anybody on the team is fighting so hard for minutes? And at a spot that's been such a liability to boot. I think it's a no-brainer. If he's not scoring, sure, put in Fields, AA or McGuire based on need and performance, but a team that struggles so much to put the ball in the net shouldn't have a legitimate 3-point and post threat sitting on the bench.
    I understand why with injuries he is coming off the bench. With Jose starting, we need that spark off the bench. but when Lowry and Anderson get healthy, I think Kleiza can start at SF.

vCash
    I understand why with injuries he is coming off the bench. With Jose starting, we need that spark off the bench. but when Lowry and Anderson get healthy, I think Kleiza can start at SF.
    I got no problem with that.

vCash
    The same *****ing and moaning from the same fans in this forum who don't have a clue.

I could understand if there was no salary cap and you had to buy players from teams like they do in European football, in that scenario i could understand why fans would be upset because it would be simple question of money.

But that's not how it works does it?

Franchise sports is extremely complex with a lot of rules and unfortunately its a 30 team league with not enough talent to go around and in the meanwhile we're all waiting for the "lightning in the bottle" draft pick that's so unlikely to happen we might as well be arguing over winning lottery numbers in last weeks 649 draw.

I swear this forum is filled early 20 somethings that have no grasp of cost benefit analysis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    The same *****ing and moaning from the same fans in this forum who don't have a clue.

I could understand if there was no salary cap and you had to buy players from teams like they do in European football, in that scenario i could understand why fans would be upset because it would be simple question of money.

But that's not how it works does it?

Franchise sports is extremely complex with a lot of rules and unfortunately its a 30 team league with not enough talent to go around and in the meanwhile we're all waiting for the "lightning in the bottle" draft pick that's so unlikely to happen we might as well be arguing over winning lottery numbers in last weeks 649 draw.

I swear this forum is filled early 20 somethings that have no grasp of cost benefit analysis.
    Haha, then go find another forum for future GM's. We're basketball fans, not up-and-coming financial gurus. Just people that notice our team playing by the same rules as everybody else but never being as good at basketball.
    We're all cheering for the same outcome here. The Raptors and their fans get enough hate in the main forum/on TV/everywhere in the states, the last place we need to be spoken down to is in the Raptors forum.

vCash
    With the injuries we have right now, it's time to play davis, ross or even acy. I don't see the purpose of playing kleiza. I don't care if he scores 20pts, it really means nothing.

vCash
    Looks guys 2/5th of our starting lineup is out including our best player. Its only 9 games in. Raps are still only 2.5 games out of the playoffs, which is absurd to discuss right now but we're not talking 10 games out right now. Team has also played some very tough teams with the exception of Indiana (which they should have beaten twice but thats another story) and Utah who they took into triple overtime and had bad refing in that game.

All the other teams are over .500 right now. Let's wait until they play the Cleveland's and Washington's and Detroit's and Orlando's and Charlotte's and Atlanta's and if they can't beat those simple teams, then we really have a problem.

So I would give them the benefit of the doubt right now. Raps definitely need to upgrade with another scorer, if Rogers is serious *with a smiley face* maybe they'll just go ape shat like they have with the Jays and get whoever they need to upgrade this club...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    Haha, then go find another forum for future GM's. We're basketball fans, not up-and-coming financial gurus. Just people that notice our team playing by the same rules as everybody else but never being as good at basketball.
    We're all cheering for the same outcome here. The Raptors and their fans get enough hate in the main forum/on TV/everywhere in the states, the last place we need to be spoken down to is in the Raptors forum.
    Killed a man, DAMN! But raptors fans are so two-faced....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I like the idea of Pau on the Raptors but I don't see the Lakers moving him. I really don't get all the "trade Pau" threads in the NBA and Lakers forums. They badly need a versatile player like him beside D12. Highly under-rated and under-appreciated. A bit like Jose in that way tbh.
    Yup, Brown didn't know how to utilize him either.

vCash
    Problem is, that's not his style. He loves the motion offence and wants the motion offence. We played a half court offence last year because he wanted to improve our defense.

With that said however, Pau will be great for the motion offense. Great game sense and a willing passer. We lack that from a wing and post players.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast