Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    One word.

No

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I don't get the games here but come on, you pick a multiple OT loss to the Jazz with two starters out including Kyle Lowry, who has already proven to be indispensable, to start a PANIC THREAD???

Come on seriously.

I'll leave it open for now if people like, but I would also close it if that's the consensus.

I know we're disappointed with the start to the season, but seriously you have to consider all of the injuries to Lowry when you're factoring the success of the team so far.

Without Lowry they're essentially last year's team; a team we knew wasn't that great.
    its not because of last night, i could have wrote this before the season started and it would still ring true, would it not? (a team we knew wasnt that great). so you agree the team is lousy and needs changes. thats all im saying

vCash
    To me this isnt a panic thread, truthfully i dont follow the raps and basketball like i follow all other sports but i pay attention to toronto sports very closely, im very unbiased in this situation. The star player contradicts everything the new regime wants in their players.
    Trading Bargnani to me is a must and really shouldnt be that big of a deal, they can finish 13th in the east with or without him

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    Trade Bargs !!! Im tired of seeing him play !
    Keep
    LOWRY
    ROSS/ALAN ANDERSEN
    DD
    DAVIS/AMIR
    VAL/

TRADE EVERYONE ELSE !

vCash
    I don't get the games here but come on, you pick a multiple OT loss to the Jazz with two starters out including Kyle Lowry, who has already proven to be indispensable, to start a PANIC THREAD???

Come on seriously.

I'll leave it open for now if people like, but I would also close it if that's the consensus.

I know we're disappointed with the start to the season, but seriously you have to consider all of the injuries to Lowry when you're factoring the success of the team so far.

Without Lowry they're essentially last year's team; a team we knew wasn't that great.
    Ok, but we've lost to a Granger-less Pacer team, No-Dirk Dallas, Philly without Iggy (traded I know) or his replacement Bynum, and the only game we've won was against a Kevin Loveless T-wolves. My point, injuries happen and always will. All teams are affected. Considering Lowri's position, this is likely one of the more favourable positions to be missing a starter, on the squad. This is not an over-reaction thread... it seems to be an awakening for a bunch of people.
    One thing about losers, is they always have an excuse. Just so happens, ours is injuries right now... we have one of the best b/u PG's in the league, and a decent depth #3 PG. As for Fields' injury, it's actually been addition by subtraction, and Alan Anderson is escentially a D'leaguer getting touch and hitting shots. I'd hazzard to guess there's likely a number of D'league players that could come up and be one of the 8 best players on this team.

vCash
    I say we let this team continue to gel some before we throw in the towel. Lowry has played less then 4 games, and he had us in each game that he finished.

vCash
    Just trade Bargnani then go from there.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    I don't think a trade is out of line but I'm not quite ready to see the whole team go. Frankly we have to stop throwing a team out there with such a glaring hole as we have in Fields. If we want to compete we can't keep starting bench players.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    this team has been **** for years. This is not an overreaction at all. this is a build up of frustration over the past few years and you could have predicted this start even though we hide our doubts with our preseason optimism. I don't care if we make it to the playoffs- first round exit. book it. the current state of this team are glorified bench players pretending to be starters and a lame duck GM who hasn't had a significant off-season acquisition in years.

Even if they turn it around this season and finish around 42-42, this does not warrant an extension to BC. I am fine with keeping Derozan now, since he's shown a little more and practically untradeable for the time being due to the contract extension. we need to clean house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    this team has been **** for years. This is not an overreaction at all. this is a build up of frustration over the past few years and you could have predicted this start even though we hide our doubts with our preseason optimism. I don't care if we make it to the playoffs- first round exit. book it. the current state of this team are glorified bench players pretending to be starters and a lame duck GM who hasn't had a significant off-season acquisition in years.

Even if they turn it around this season and finish around 42-42, this does not warrant an extension to BC. I am fine with keeping Derozan now, since he's shown a little more and practically untradeable for the time being due to the contract extension. we need to clean house.
    Yup. For God's sake, just don't let BC do it! I don't know if I can remember the last time we didn't start in at least one spot on the roster; "the best player playing outside of the NBA," or the "Dominant D-leaguer." Let's get legit, NBA drafted talent, and give that a shot. It may pay to take a guy in the top 10 from Europe, but the only way I do it from here on in, is if they come over and play in the NCAA in their draft year (ie. Kanter). Also I know it seems to be taboo to take a player of the year guy like, Jameer Nelson, JJ Redick, or Tyler Hansborough... but if you don't know who to take, generally if there still around and you're picking after 8, they're pretty safe bets.

vCash
    Some of you guys had this thread written before the season started. It was just copy and paste after that.

vCash
    Some of you guys had this thread written before the season started. It was just copy and paste after that.
    Yeah, they've earned our trust right? Just give them a chance. Blink your eye (1 more game), and we're 1/10th through the season...

Fan bases force management decisions (ask Ron Wilson and Brian Burke). We let 'em know we're pissed, maybe they do something. Say nothing... and I'll be cutting and pasting to start next season too

vCash
    HAHA. yes we had it ready when something like this came along =P

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post

In agreement. There comes a point whe enough is enough already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJamesNaismith View Post
    Yeah, they've earned our trust right? Just give them a chance. Blink your eye (1 more game), and we're 1/10th through the season...

Fan bases force management decisions (ask Ron Wilson and Brian Burke). We let 'em know we're pissed, maybe they do something. Say nothing... and I'll be cutting and pasting to start next season too
    I'm not making excuses but it's early and the key addition has missed training camp and a lot of the early games this year. What made you think the team would be that different than last year under those circumstances????

Besides, they just worked their ***** off against the Jazz. The timing is weird.

Anyone who thought this team was going to turn around overnight is naive or dreaming or both at the same time.

THAT's what "early in the season" means to this team. They need time. They may not get there but you can't possibly judge yet.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast