Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    Because that's what happened to bodupp and Rosh, who shares those same views, as well as the others that agree with what kozel said? No offense, but you didn't even really post around here for a long time and this isn't true... as long as you don't be a snarky smartass about your opinions there's been no issues with people thinking that way at all.
    But you can make them? this thread is a good example

Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    agreed on all of this.but the mood in here since summer really doesnt allow for such a point of view ,so mostly will fall on def ears and most of the friends you had in this forum will turn on you for saying this
    This is true, most of the those posters have formed a team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    The series against the Heat came down to several possessions, a point not reflected by the record of the series. That was a point EVERY player and each coach acknowledged after the series was determined.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbball234 View Post
    We were discussing the Heat, the last time I checked he played for them.

Why do I have to look at old threads and show people's claims? I've never seen that.

We lost every game the sameway, and that was not being able to score in the 4th.
    Your debating skills and thought processes are interesting to say the least. Not a bad thing, just interesting. Kind of like if I were to bring up the 2004 Pistons right now because they were a basketball team and we're talking about basketball. Somewhat related, but differing from the actual topic that the Bulls were and still are capable of beating Miami in a series.

And if you're all about throwing out false claims without backing it, more power to you, I guess. I don't see where anyone gets off with sarcastic remarks that aren't concretely based on anything, but to each his own.

And that's fine and dandy, yet still doesn't change the facts at hand that if a few plays go slightly differently we're looking at a completely different series. It was far from a blowout series like the quick and easy resource of 4-1 suggests. With the additions made this year I think the offense would have a much better chance as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncbball234 View Post
    But you can make them? this thread is a good example
    Of course. I'm the king, right?

This is true, most of the those posters have formed a team
    Lol okay.

vCash
    i miss him like hell though,he does so many little things that dont show up in the box sheet that makes him very valuable/good ,yet underrated,player
    +1

agreed on all of this.but the mood in here since summer really doesnt allow for such a point of view ,so mostly will fall on def ears and most of the friends you had in this forum will turn on you for saying this
    Yup, so many people in denial but I get that. Losing Rose was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever experienced as a sports fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    Yup, so many people in denial but I get that. Losing Rose was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever experienced as a sports fan.
    Not agreeing ≠ denial

vCash
    In denial of what? That we can still be a good playoffs team? Right cause we were not lets just tank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    In denial of what? That we can still be a good playoffs team? Right cause we were not lets just tank.
    Read Kozel's posts, we are in hell.
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    Just lock this thread. It was a troll thread to begin with and the conversation has gone completely off topic.

vCash
    I agree we are in NBA hell but were not far away from being out of it and able to pair rose with another star

Hopefully Love ray:

Bulls aren't doing **** this year, but **** I'm still a fan and I will root for them to the very end... Thibs is still a very good coach and I think this team can still get close to 50 wins depending on when Rose comes back

Rochester Jeffersons

vCash
    Read Kozel's posts, we are in hell.
    It depends. To an extent we may be, but to me, being in NBA hell is a lot more gloom and inflexible than where we are. I don't see having a top-seeded team two consecutive seasons, with our core players still in tact as hell. With a healthy return from Rose I don't think we're out of contention in terms of the Finals. It's undoubtedly going to be harder this year, but with Rose out beyond the All-Star break and in question for the long-term this year, I can't place a ton of blame on Jerry for not delving into the luxury tax this season under those circumstances.

It might not be what everyone wanted to see, but I don't really have a problem with cutting costs like we did and remaining competitive in hopes for a Rose return this year. Then assessing our situation and Rose after the season. We'll still be in line to amnesty Boozer and have some assets with Deng, Taj, Butler, Teague, picks, while the rest of the roster is cheap and/or expiring.

I don't think just shipping our assets this summer in hopes of a quick retool or possible lottery pick is as easy as many people seem to think. There are rumored deals that I probably would have done (Deng + 1st for Biedrins + Wright + 7th pick? not sure of the details... just for example), but how feasible those options were we don't really know.

And just tanking for the sake of tanking and losing is a mentality that I'll never want any part of.

Looking back on the way that Mayo has played so far this year, it's absolutely a shame that we seemed to have very little shot at him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    I agree we are in NBA hell but were not far away from being out of it and able to pair rose with another star

Hopefully Love ray:

Bulls aren't doing **** this year, but **** I'm still a fan and I will root for them to the very end... Thibs is still a very good coach and I think this team can still get close to 50 wins depending on when Rose comes back
    I'd agree with you that the Bulls were in NBA hell if Derrick Rose didn't exist. But he does and even without him they are essentially guaranteed a top 4 seed.

Obviously another star like Love would be perfect but I still think this team, when healthy, can take it to anyone in a 7 game series.

vCash
    I think we're only in NBA hell until rose comes back... Then I believe we can compete if he's the same Derrick Rose, which I fully believe he will be

Rochester Jeffersons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post

And just tanking for the sake of tanking and losing is a mentality that I'll never want any part of.

Being unwilling to sacrifice short term satisfaction for long term gain = loser mentality. Not taking advantage of the system = loser mentality. I do agree it's possible the Bulls tried to go this route and if so I commend them and I'm sorry it didn't work out because now it seems the plan around here is 2014 free agency which means no ring next year either.

If you ain't first you're last.

vCash
    Being unwilling to sacrifice short term satisfaction for long term gain = loser mentality. Not taking advantage of the system = loser mentality. I do agree it's possible the Bulls tried to go this route and if so I commend them and I'm sorry it didn't work out because now it seems the plan around here is 2014 free agency which means no ring next year either.

I don't agree with that. If they legitimately believe we're still in a position where we can win a championship with our current pieces I don't see how they can be faulted for having a loser's mentality. The argument in this case would be whether or not they're delusional for thinking that and sticking with this team (I don't think they are), not that they have a loser's mentality.

Giving up a very close contender right now for a maybe in the future isn't something I'd blame them for. And no ring next year either is something that remains to be seen.

vCash

I agree with this

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast