Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    People on here are predicting the Bulls will beat the Heat in the playoffs and telling me I'm crazy for not thinking it's going to happen. They are brilliant

vCash
    So you still resort to irrelevant, non-existent personal vendettas. Cool. And who is telling you that we'd beat the Heat right now? I'd love to be enlightened with what you're seeing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    So you still resort to irrelevant, non-existent personal vendettas. Cool. And who is telling you that we'd beat the Heat right now? I'd love to be enlightened with what you're seeing.
    Yea I guess people's preseason predictions should be dismissed after 7 - 8 games. Check the preseason thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    No they weren't. Asik could have still been signed and dealt after December.

Not to mention the signings of Kirk and Marco screamed mediocrity. I hate to be the whiny guy here, but the offseason was a colossal failure and I put it all on uncle Jerry. Every move made was defined by Jerry avoiding the "dreaded" Luxury Tax. And I guess it's his right since it's his team. Still, as far as doing his best to put the best product on the court, Bulls undoubtedly failed.

In the end, there were two options for this team: either go hard and take risk on some of the high risk, high reward options this offseason (see: Mayo, Howard, Nash, etc.) or get rid of our guys for some sort of picks, tank and reboot. We did neither. In the process, we'll be a playoff team that won't get anywhere, but Jerry will still get fans' butts on the seats and avoid the lux tax in the same time. It is what it is, but I'm not happy.

\rant.

That's not my point. I'm well aware that this draft will likely be turd-like, even so, we are exactly where we DON'T want to be, NBA hell.

And I HATE the argument that it doesn't guarantee the #1 pick. Obviously, but it still significantly increases our chances. Trading Dwight Howard also doesn't guarantee a championship, but it certainly increases our chances.

I'm not even suggesting either idea is grand, my whole point is that doing nothing continues to show where Jerry's priorities are: the financial bottom line.

You'd think that making the most money over the past decade (no small feat with the turd like teams we have had) would have led to him to finally give back to the fans.

This goes to the inherently flawed view that Jerry has as far as building a great team. He will only pay when we have a great team; unfortunately, having a cheap team with young, great players is incredibly hard (SA and OKC are the only teams I can think of that pulled it off). As opposed to teams like LA, Miami and Boston who realized that they had to pay the tax to get a great team.
    +1

Half measures are for losers.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncbball234 View Post
    Yea I guess people's preseason predictions should be dismissed after 7 - 8 games. Check the preseason thread

You mean the playoff predictions thread where 1 person that hardly even posts here picked us to beat Miami? If not, please point me in the right direction. I hear the same claims from you and Mitch constantly without either of you giving any sources.

Saying we're capable of beating Miami (when healthy) is a completely different thing than what you continuously give snarky remarks about.

vCash
    You mean the playoff predictions thread where 1 person that hardly even posts here picked us to beat Miami? If not, please point me in the right direction. I hear the same claims from you and Mitch constantly without either of you giving any sources.

Saying we're capable of beating Miami (when healthy) is a completely different thing than what you continuously give snarky remarks about.
    That is the thread I believe the OP picked us to beat the Heat. If you look at how the seeds were done. We have a team full of injury prone guys. How often are we healthy.

I am my own source i watch the games and voice my opinion on here. I think thats what message boards are for, I'm not here to join team thrill and make friends sorry, I'm also not here to make enemies.

With the way the Bulls are constructed they need all there players healthy to even compete with the Heat. I like our bench better but how important is a bench in the playoffs? Starters play way more minutes so depth isn't as important you can get away with being 8 deep. Especially when you are the Heat. They have 3 guys you can give the ball to and get a easy bucket. We have one, this is our major problem only having 1 playmaker, you can get away with it in the regular season but when the intensity is turned up in the playoffs we struggle to score in the 4th quarter. Happened he last time we were healthy against the Heat. IMO this team isn't capable of beating the Heat at 100%. Better?
    Last edited by Uncbball234; 11-13-2012 at 07:11 PM.

vCash
    That is the thread I believe the OP picked us to beat the Heat. If you look at how the seeds were done. We have a team full of injury prone guys. How often are we healthy
    And? Doesn't mean we couldn't be, and if we were I have no problem with anyone thinking we're capable of beating Miami. I wouldn't favorite us and I don't think many others in here would either, but with our defense and Rose we'll always be in just about every game.

I see 2 people that predicted us to win against them in a predictions thread. You'd think people were running rampant around this forum like this team has no worries or issues with the way some of you guys post about it. So I still don't get where your constant "party bus" sarcastic posts keep coming from. It's just completely off based and ridiculous. Thinking it's possible for a top-rated defensive team that was a top seed two years straight to beat Miami is illogical though I guess.

vCash
    And? Doesn't mean we couldn't be, and if we were I have no problem with anyone thinking we're capable of beating Miami. I wouldn't favorite us and I don't think many others in here would either, but with our defense and Rose we'll always be in just about every game.

I see 2 people that predicted us to win against them in a predictions thread. You'd think people were running rampant around this forum like this team has no worries or issues with the way some of you guys post about it. So I still don't get where your constant "party bus" sarcastic posts keep coming from. It's just completely off based and ridiculous. Thinking it's possible for a top-rated defensive team that was a top seed two years straight to beat Miami is illogical though I guess.
    Illogical? of coarse not we almost beat them in that series it was 4-1 remember :face palm: I'm not sourcing old threads no one else does that, why should I?

My favorite one on here
    Ray Allen = Mike Miller (can't move his back is so bad) & James Jones (can't dribble). Also related expect Rip to play the whole season but Ray will get hurt.
    Last edited by Uncbball234; 11-13-2012 at 07:27 PM.

vCash
    Illogical? of coarse not we almost beat them in that series it was 4-1 remember :face palm: I'm not sourcing old threads no one else does that, why should I?

My favorite one on here
    Ray Allen = Mike Miller (can't move his back is so bad) & James Jones (can't dribble). Also related expect Rip to play the whole season but Ray will get hurt.
    course*

And yeah, and if you actually watched the series, every game was closely contested until the end outside of Game 1 that we blew them out. But 4-1 sure does tell the whole story.

And how convenient. You get called out on something and suddenly you don't care to back up your false statements.

and the Ray Allen argument has nothing to do with this discussion. But for the record, I don't agree with that and think Allen is an upgrade.

vCash
    we were capped out,couldnt afford to keep him.i miss him like hell though,he does so many little things that dont show up in the box sheet that makes him very valuable/good ,yet underrated,player

vCash
    No they weren't. Asik could have still been signed and dealt after December.

Not to mention the signings of Kirk and Marco screamed mediocrity. I hate to be the whiny guy here, but the offseason was a colossal failure and I put it all on uncle Jerry. Every move made was defined by Jerry avoiding the "dreaded" Luxury Tax. And I guess it's his right since it's his team. Still, as far as doing his best to put the best product on the court, Bulls undoubtedly failed.

In the end, there were two options for this team: either go hard and take risk on some of the high risk, high reward options this offseason (see: Mayo, Howard, Nash, etc.) or get rid of our guys for some sort of picks, tank and reboot. We did neither. In the process, we'll be a playoff team that won't get anywhere, but Jerry will still get fans' butts on the seats and avoid the lux tax in the same time. It is what it is, but I'm not happy.

\rant.
    agreed on all of this.but the mood in here since summer really doesnt allow for such a point of view ,so mostly will fall on def ears and most of the friends you had in this forum will turn on you for saying this

vCash
    The series against the Heat came down to several possessions, a point not reflected by the record of the series. That was a point EVERY player and each coach acknowledged after the series was determined.

vCash
    course*

And yeah, and if you actually watched the series, every game was closely contested until the end outside of Game 1 that we blew them out. But 4-1 sure does tell the whole story.

And how convenient. You get called out on something and suddenly you don't care to back up your false statements.

and the Ray Allen argument has nothing to do with this discussion. But for the record, I don't agree with that and think Allen is an upgrade.
    We were discussing the Heat, the last time I checked he played for them.

Why do I have to look at old threads and show people's claims? I've never seen that.

We lost every game the sameway, and that was not being able to score in the 4th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    agreed on all of this.but the mood in here since summer really doesnt allow for such a point of view ,so mostly will fall on def ears and most of the friends you had in this forum will turn on you for saying this
    Because that's what happened to bodupp and Rosh, who shares those same views, as well as the others that agree with what kozel said? No offense, but you didn't even really post around here for a long time and this isn't true... as long as you don't be a snarky smartass about your opinions there's been no issues with people thinking that way at all.

vCash
    nm

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast