Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Because Butler filled in the role of Brewer just fine, younger and cheaper. You can tell Butler learned a lot from Brewer by how he's playing the baseline.

vCash
    Brewer was a luxury for a bench option who's role diminished as the Bulls season progressed. His play suffered due to his sporadic role and his performance fell off as a result. My guess is he was seen as redundant on a roster that would have cost the Bulls a lot more in luxury tax WITH Brewer than WITHOUT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    Brewer wasn't making the vet minimum with us. Our option on him was nearly $5M, which we didn't have the cap space to afford. That along with Butler being a younger, fairly ready piece to replace him, made it an easy decision.
    gotcha, i guess thats the part i didnt know and didnt make sense to me

vCash
    Because we have a cheap owner. However, this might have been the only excusable dropped option, since as others have mentioned, we have Butler who is expected to provide what Butler did at a cheaper price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    Because we have a cheap owner. However, this might have been the only excusable dropped option, since as others have mentioned, we have Butler who is expected to provide what Butler did at a cheaper price.
    Most of them were excusable, no one expected that Asik deal to be played out like that. I wouldn't have mind paying him 5 mil (That's how much we are allowed to give him) but it's that 3rd year...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Most of them were excusable, no one expected that Asik deal to be played out like that. I wouldn't have mind paying him 5 mil (That's how much we are allowed to give him) but it's that 3rd year...
    No they weren't. Asik could have still been signed and dealt after December.

Not to mention the signings of Kirk and Marco screamed mediocrity. I hate to be the whiny guy here, but the offseason was a colossal failure and I put it all on uncle Jerry. Every move made was defined by Jerry avoiding the "dreaded" Luxury Tax. And I guess it's his right since it's his team. Still, as far as doing his best to put the best product on the court, Bulls undoubtedly failed.

In the end, there were two options for this team: either go hard and take risk on some of the high risk, high reward options this offseason (see: Mayo, Howard, Nash, etc.) or get rid of our guys for some sort of picks, tank and reboot. We did neither. In the process, we'll be a playoff team that won't get anywhere, but Jerry will still get fans' butts on the seats and avoid the lux tax in the same time. It is what it is, but I'm not happy.

\rant.
    Last edited by kozelkid; 11-13-2012 at 03:53 PM.

vCash
    We've been interested in Marco for a while now. I agree that we should of signed more players with high potential (Mayo) but I'm think he flew out to Dallas one day before he was set to meet with us. With the Asik thing no one was aware about that cap effect that allowed Houston to sign him for 8 mil per year. Tanking does not guarantee #1 overall so its pointless. There's no one from this year that interest me anyways maybe as the year goes by some will stand out but then you are only going by what they did in the tourney (eg. Walker).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    We've been interested in Marco for a while now. I agree that we should of signed more players with high potential (Mayo) but I'm think he flew out to Dallas one day before he was set to meet with us. With the Asik thing no one was aware about that cap effect that allowed Houston to sign him for 8 mil per year. Tanking does not guarantee #1 overall so its pointless. There's no one from this year that interest me anyways maybe as the year goes by some will stand out but then you are only going by what they did in the tourney (eg. Walker).
    That's not my point. I'm well aware that this draft will likely be turd-like, even so, we are exactly where we DON'T want to be, NBA hell.

And I HATE the argument that it doesn't guarantee the #1 pick. Obviously, but it still significantly increases our chances. Trading Dwight Howard also doesn't guarantee a championship, but it certainly increases our chances.

I'm not even suggesting either idea is grand, my whole point is that doing nothing continues to show where Jerry's priorities are: the financial bottom line.

You'd think that making the most money over the past decade (no small feat with the turd like teams we have had) would have led to him to finally give back to the fans.

This goes to the inherently flawed view that Jerry has as far as building a great team. He will only pay when we have a great team; unfortunately, having a cheap team with young, great players is incredibly hard (SA and OKC are the only teams I can think of that pulled it off). As opposed to teams like LA, Miami and Boston who realized that they had to pay the tax to get a great team.

vCash
    Everyone knows by now that the White Sox take precedence over the Bulls. Unless the Bulls are clear favorites to win one JR won't pony up. When Deng's contract and Boozer is traded/amnestied then I believe JR will pay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    That's not my point. I'm well aware that this draft will likely be turd-like, even so, we are exactly where we DON'T want to be, NBA hell.

And I HATE the argument that it doesn't guarantee the #1 pick. Obviously, but it still significantly increases our chances. Trading Dwight Howard also doesn't guarantee a championship, but it certainly increases our chances.

I'm not even suggesting either idea is grand, my whole point is that doing nothing continues to show where Jerry's priorities are: the financial bottom line.

You'd think that making the most money over the past decade (no small feat with the turd like teams we have had) would have led to him to finally give back to the fans.

This goes to the inherently flawed view that Jerry has as far as building a great team. He will only pay when we have a great team; unfortunately, having a cheap team with young, great players is incredibly hard (SA and OKC are the only teams I can think of that pulled it off). As opposed to teams like LA, Miami and Boston who realized that they had to pay the tax to get a great team.
    I agree Kozel, a lot of people on here have a hard time coming to terms with this. It's party bus to Grant Park central!

vCash
    I can't wait to see the Knicks fail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncbball234 View Post
    I agree Kozel, a lot of people on here have a hard time coming to terms with this. It's party bus to Grant Park central!
    lol no it isn't. Keep spewing it though.

vCash
    lol no it isn't. Keep spewing it though.
    It's my opinion sorry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncbball234 View Post
    It's my opinion sorry
    So it's your opinion that people are saying things that they aren't saying? Brilliant.

vCash
    So it's your opinion that people are saying things that they aren't saying? Brilliant.
    Sorry king I'm getting baited into freaking out here. A ban would make u and team trill too happy. Your right I'm wrong all hail the king.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast