Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Why was Brewer let go?

Knick fan here, not a bait or troll thread at all though!

Curious, why was he let go?

Looking at his numbers it seems he was offensively stunted during his years in CHI?

In his 4 years in UTAH he averaged 12ppg on 54% shooting, but only about half that in CHI. Now in NY so far he's shown a nice ability to score very efficiently, although his hot 3 point shooting thus far is probably a fluke. But he's a very good all around player when you watch him everyday, and it seems like he fit the CHI personal perfectly, especially on defense. Arguably a better player than RIP at this stage.

So I'm really confused/interested as to why CHI let him go?

vCash
    Jimmy Butler

vCash
    So y'all could win a ship

vCash
    Jimmy Butler has the tools to do basically what Ronnie Brewer can and at a cheaper price. Basically Ronnie here was a defensive of the bench energy guy.
    Trill Team
    Buckwheat-jpro611-Me-haggis-cheaptrikz-shammyguy3-Ezio-Cub_StuckinSTL-HOWE do i do it-ugafan-hugepatsfan-Fly-Raps08-09 Champ-Mane-humblehotgenius

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayruiz View Post
    Jimmy Butler has the tools to do basically what Ronnie Brewer can and at a cheaper price. Basically Ronnie here was a defensive of the bench energy guy.
    But brewer makes vet min, was he asking for alot of money or something? not too familiar with Butler but it doesnt look like he plays much, kind of difficult to throw a rookie into a contending team like that.

vCash
    Team option was higher than vet min. Oh this production won't continue.

vCash
    Brewer was let go because the FO didn't want him.. You would have to talk to them about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LGhost View Post
    So y'all could win a ship
    Quote Originally Posted by LGhost View Post
    Brewer was let go because the FO didn't want him.. You would have to talk to them about it.

Why are you blatantly being a jerk to this guy? He just came in to ask a question.

As for Brewer's 3 point shooting, I would not expect that to continue at a high clip. He similarly started off last year on a hot streak and then returned to Earth. He probably won't ever be a great consistent shooter. His cut was made for financial and age reasons. Gives Butler more playing time, he'll be on a cheaper contract, and he's younger.

vCash
    We had butler with high expectations of improving over the years... i still think they made the right choice

vCash
    I don't see how he is arguably better than Rip... Maybe I took offense

Or no one knows why we let go of Brewer. I sure as hell thought he was worth keeping financially and he is only 27

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    But brewer makes vet min, was he asking for alot of money or something? not too familiar with Butler but it doesnt look like he plays much, kind of difficult to throw a rookie into a contending team like that.
    Brewer wasn't making the vet minimum with us. Our option on him was nearly $5M, which we didn't have the cap space to afford. That along with Butler being a younger, fairly ready piece to replace him, made it an easy decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    Brewer wasn't making the vet minimum with us. Our option on him was nearly $5M, which we didn't have the cap space to afford. That along with Butler being a younger, fairly ready piece to replace him, made it an easy decision.
    Yup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    I think it was that the nearly 5M. Actually if we think about it that was the reason to change our mencj mob. Asik + CJ + JL + Korver + Brewer ... we found (or not we will see ) equal cheaper options

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Butler was a younger more athletic and better offensively than Brewer at a cheaper price. Brewer was going to make over 4m if he stayed and if he did stay Butler wouldn't be able to play much which he is able to do now.

Also I'll add that whatever you see from Brewer won't continue on the offensive end. He had the same exact start with Chicago the last few years to start the season and he will come back to earth offensively for sure. He was a really good defender though.

vCash
    Because you're only allowed 1 goofy looking shooter per team according to league rules.

It was a tough choice, but we chose to go with Jo.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast