Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    I just want Josh Smith damn it! No Gasol, there's no point there. Plus why would the Lakers want our young talent, they are all in right now.

We need to stick to the plan, it's very early in the season and this is a developmental year. We've traded to get Harden and have a nice group of young talent that we will see continually getting better. Patience.

vCash
    I would take Gasol over Smith. AT least he is efficient and smart.

Again love watching Smith play, but he is a bonehead and I wouldn`t want him on my team unless he smartened up.

That said Mchale could be good for him.

vCash
    Gasol is too old and too expensive.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Gasol only have 2 years left in his contract, this year and the next. Plus the Rockets have a lot of cap space this year and the next. I don't understand why people still complain about Gasol salary and age.

IMO. He have more value right now than Jefferson and Bynum (knee issues) and overrated Josh Smith (can't shoot FTs and Jumpers). The Rockets needs a low post threat and a player how can fill the role of a Center when Asik goes to the bench. Plus we need to create a form to use better Harden and Lin skills. They play so well of the screens and without the ball and Gasol is a good passer maybe we can use him to create pass threw the middle for Lin or Harden.

He gave us another dimension for our offense. We are losing games at the end because:

1) We are getting trap in the double teams for Harden forcing him to create a lot of TO and too bad shots.

2) Asik is sometimes two soft to finish baskets he isn't an option right now for the offense at the end for us.

3) The teams are going to let us shoot all 3's we want because they know they only have a real shooter in Harden and he will be well defended. We are one of the worst shooting 3's team on the league and one of the most with attempts per game.

Gasol can help us to cut in great part these problems. Why? He is another scoring option. Teams would have to create double teams for him, creating some space for Harden and Lin to shoot some opens shots at the end. Plus we can use him as a mentor for D-Mo. They have some similarities on their game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pcord901 View Post
    Gasol only have 2 years left in his contract, this year and the next. Plus the Rockets have a lot of cap space this year and the next. I don't understand why people still complain about Gasol salary and age.

IMO. He have more value right now than Jefferson and Bynum (knee issues) and overrated Josh Smith (can't shoot FTs and Jumpers). The Rockets needs a low post threat and a player how can fill the role of a Center when Asik goes to the bench. Plus we need to create a form to use better Harden and Lin skills. They play so well of the screens and without the ball and Gasol is a good passer maybe we can use him to create pass threw the middle for Lin or Harden.

He gave us another dimension for our offense. We are losing games at the end because:

1) We are getting trap in the double teams for Harden forcing him to create a lot of TO and too bad shots.

2) Asik is sometimes two soft to finish baskets he isn't an option right now for the offense at the end for us.

3) The teams are going to let us shoot all 3's we want because they know they only have a real shooter in Harden and he will be well defended. We are one of the worst shooting 3's team on the league and one of the most with attempts per game.

Gasol can help us to cut in great part these problems. Why? He is another scoring option. Teams would have to create double teams for him, creating some space for Harden and Lin to shoot some opens shots at the end. Plus we can use him as a mentor for D-Mo. They have some similarities on their game.
    No one is saying that Gasol won't make the Rockets a better basketball team. What I'm saying is that it doesn't make sense to add an aging star, because this team is not in "win now" mode. In two years, he'll be a 34-year-old free agent and it makes no sense to waste Rockets' cap space on a guy who is not in this franchise's long term plans. They need to be adding guys 28 or younger who can make a big impact and be around for 4-5 years.

vCash
    Yea, Gasol would handicap us for potential off-season FA's and other trades. Winning a little now and a 1 and done in the playoffs is not worth risking the chance of buiding a WCF contender in the near future.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    After last night I am ready and strapped in for a top 10 pick

vCash
    Guys I honestly think that we need to take a pass in this year FA class. To many risky players. Josh Smith the number #1 of those and in second place Bynum.

The only two that get my attention was Brandon Jennings and Tyreeke Evans, but they are both RFA. I don't see the Buck not matching any contract offer for Jennings, but in the case of Evans here is my questions?

Do you think that Evans can run our PG position better than Lin?

And for the PF position can we adress it via draft? Any draft prospect better that the ones that we have? A real one that we can get or another real possibility for other position

I like D Mo but I'm concern with him because he is to soft in the D and two weak for the position.

Also guys, what FA do you think that really want to play for us? Because I'm worry with be seen as a losing team and no good FA wants to sign with us, this is my main reason for support the idea of Gasol, to mantain or keep the team as one with better possibilities to be a real contender in the future, plus we can use him in the final year of his contract to adquire some good player like we did with Martin to get Harden.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pcord901 View Post
    Guys I honestly think that we need to take a pass in this year FA class. To many risky players. Josh Smith the number #1 of those and in second place Bynum.
    I think you're seriously underrating some guys in this free agency class just because they aren't stars, but there a ton of players who could help this team out.

The only two that get my attention was Brandon Jennings and Tyreeke Evans, but they are both RFA. I don't see the Buck not matching any contract offer for Jennings, but in the case of Evans here is my questions?Do you think that Evans can run our PG position better than Lin?
    If the Rockets were sure that Lin was not their guy after this season, I would support making an offer for Jennings. He still isn't an efficient scorer or a good shooter, but he's become a much better overall player this season and I think he would fit well with Harden.

I would not touch Evans' with a 10-foot poll. He is easily one of the most overrated players in the NBA and God help anybody that pays him in the offseason.

And for the PF position can we adress it via draft? Any draft prospect better that the ones that we have? A real one that we can get or another real possibility for other position
    If the Rockets draft another PF, I might shoot myself in the face.

Also guys, what FA do you think that really want to play for us? Because I'm worry with be seen as a losing team and no good FA wants to sign with us, this is my main reason for support the idea of Gasol, to mantain or keep the team as one with better possibilities to be a real contender in the future, plus we can use him in the final year of his contract to adquire some good player like we did with Martin to get Harden.
    You're freaking out over a very small sample size. This is the youngest team in the NBA and they're only going to get better. By the end of the season, they should a more attractive option. Also, you forget that most free agents care just as much about money as they do location or talent. And the Rockets have a crapload of money to spend.

So I think the Rockets would be an attractive destination for any free agent if they're looking to play for a young franchise with massive potential and a ton of money to throw around.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123