Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Josh Smith or maybe Millsap, we also need a wing scorer off the bench, Delfino is too streaky with his shooting.

Also if in any chance we were able to get a PG like CP3, Lin will surely be traded, I think Lin is only going to get better as he plays more minutes, I don't think we are playing to maximum his game at the moment. Machado could be the back up PG, I think he was a player that everyone missed out on the draft, if he can add a jump shot too his game and learn when to switch the tempo I think he could be a very good PG.
    Last edited by TMAC94; 11-15-2012 at 01:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TMAC94 View Post
    Josh Smith or maybe Millsap, we also need a wing scorer off the bench, Delfino is too streaky with his shooting.

Also if in any chance we were able to get a PG like CP3, Lin will surely be traded, I think Lin is only going to get better as he plays more minutes, I don't think we are playing to maximum his game at the moment. Machado could be the back up PG, I think he was a player that everyone missed out on the draft, if he can add a jump shot too his game and learn when to switch the tempo I think he could be a very good PG.
    Can't believe it took this long for someone to suggest Milsap. Big Al and Milsap both finish there contracts after this season, and with Kanter and Favors coming into there own, they aint gunna be keeping both of them. I would love to get Milsap for a 4 year 35 mill contract (if there is a chance he goes that cheep), we don't really have much to offer them in a trade (maybe Morris, but i would prefer to get him as a free agent). As for Lin, I agree the guy needs to just get a solid season of starter minutes under his belt. he has proven he can score and run an offense, he has a lot of work to do on D but he is about what I thought he would be at this stage of the season, no need to panic and try and trade him out. that said clearly if you have even a slight chance of getting a CP3 type player you make anyone without a beard available (I can shave white if needed)
    C: Asik PF: PatPat SF: Parsons SG: Harden PG: Lin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegame187 View Post
    Can't believe it took this long for someone to suggest Milsap. Big Al and Milsap both finish there contracts after this season, and with Kanter and Favors coming into there own, they aint gunna be keeping both of them. I would love to get Milsap for a 4 year 35 mill contract (if there is a chance he goes that cheep), we don't really have much to offer them in a trade (maybe Morris, but i would prefer to get him as a free agent). As for Lin, I agree the guy needs to just get a solid season of starter minutes under his belt. he has proven he can score and run an offense, he has a lot of work to do on D but he is about what I thought he would be at this stage of the season, no need to panic and try and trade him out. that said clearly if you have even a slight chance of getting a CP3 type player you make anyone without a beard available (I can shave white if needed)
    There's no way Millsap doesn't get more than 10 million a year. I would say someone will offer 12 million a year. Jefferson will get close to 15.

For me, it's Howard or CP3 or nothing. I don't see any reason to give more than 10 million for guys who won't make this team a contender. But we know Morey is going to go after a FA no matter what, I'd be a lot more excited with Smith.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    yeah at 12 million I am not so keen, but at 12 for Smith I am not keen either. Maybe throw 5-7 per year at Jose C instead to build up our back court? I am going on record to say CP3 D12 aint going anywhere outside of LA
    C: Asik PF: PatPat SF: Parsons SG: Harden PG: Lin

vCash
    Milsap if he came on the cheap, Josh Smith hell no. Love watching him play but not on my team.

vCash
    I was looking, the 2014 class seems a lot better than next year's.

vCash
    I would literally give anything and EVERYTHING on the roster outside of Harden and Asik in order to get Kevin Love...

I love Parsons as a glue guy, I like T.Jones and D-Mo in terms of potential, I preferred Dragic but Lin is better than he has looked. Patterson, Morris, our draft pick... are all assets I like but literally every asset we possess would be worth it.

A core of
    Asik, Love, and Harden would account for a little under 37 mil of our cap space next offseason...

Unfortunately it would take a lot of wheeling and dealing to get from point A to point D... multiple teams would have to be involved and I am still not sure if we could generate enough value for Minnesota to pull the trigger (we would need them to suck pretty bad too in order to be willing to part with their cornerstone).

vCash
    I think we could get Love for a 1st and a combination of Parsons Jones Patterson Morris.

If Love indicated he was unhappy that is. Derrick Williams looks like he could fill the void so they could up their overall talent.

vCash
    We can't even trade out first-round pick next year. If we make the Playoffs, the Hawks get the pick and if we don't we won't be able to trade it because we could end up with no 1st round selections in consecutive years. There's no chance we trade for Love. He has 2 more years on his contract without counting this year, and then he has a Player Option. There's no way the Wolves trade him for that little.

vCash
    As others have said, I would trade pretty much anything other than Harden in order to get Kevin Love (although I would throw in Asik, too). However, Love is unquestionably a top 5-10 player and the Rockets do not have the pieces to make a deal like that work anymore.

I think someone like Millsap at $10-12 million a year would be far more reasonable and/or easy to trade for. Jefferson would be an even better option offensively, but his defense at PF is a concern, and he'll get a bigger contract than Millsap will. And as I've said before, I'm not the biggest Josh Smith fan. What he provides on defense he often gives back with his inefficiency on the offensive end, and he is not worth the max contract he could potentially get in the offseason.

vCash
    I wonder is Smoove's been so inefficient cause he's forcing everything now. He's pretty much the number 1 option there which he wouldn't be here.

AlJeff's poor D wouldn't look as bad next to Asik, but I worry about injury concerns there.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    I wonder is Smoove's been so inefficient cause he's forcing everything now. He's pretty much the number 1 option there which he wouldn't be here.
    Well, Smoove has always been inefficient because he takes far too many 3s and long 2s despite being a terrible jump shooter. But his numbers to start the year are just terrible. His .400 TS% and -0.030 WS/48 are just But knowing Morey, I don't think he would go after a guy like Smith. He's a numbers guy and a stats guy, and no way would he give major money to someone like Smoove.

AlJeff's poor D wouldn't look as bad next to Asik, but I worry about injury concerns there.
    I agree that Jefferson's D won't be as bad next to Asik. However, it's worth noting that Big Al has played center pretty much his entire career, which is quite different from defending PFs. I'm not as concerned about injuries as you. Jefferson hasn't missed more than six games a season since 2008-2009. And since becoming a starter, he's missed 15 games or more only once in seven seasons. That's solid health for a big man of Jefferson's size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    As others have said, I would trade pretty much anything other than Harden in order to get Kevin Love (although I would throw in Asik, too). However, Love is unquestionably a top 5-10 player and the Rockets do not have the pieces to make a deal like that work anymore.

I think someone like Millsap at $10-12 million a year would be far more reasonable and/or easy to trade for. Jefferson would be an even better option offensively, but his defense at PF is a concern, and he'll get a bigger contract than Millsap will. And as I've said before, I'm not the biggest Josh Smith fan. What he provides on defense he often gives back with his inefficiency on the offensive end, and he is not worth the max contract he could potentially get in the offseason.
    Well, with Favors playing so well, and with Kanter, the Jazz won't keep both Jefferson and Millsap so one of them or both will probably be available bu the deadline, and we know Morey is gonna pursue a trade.

vCash
    We also need an established upgrade at the coaching position. IMO, the most important element to being a contender is the coaching staff; one that can coach up and make the right call as well as get the best out of the team. I say Larry Brown next season.

vCash
    I hate Larry Brown with a passion.

MBT I see what you're saying about Al there. I would be happy with him or Milsap.. Hell, Carl Landry would be great on this team for his late game scoring. Unfortunately I don't think we match up well in a trade with Utah as I'm sure they'd be looking for a wing player. May have to wait for free agency there.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast