Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    There is a pretty good debate on this topic which was recently posted at youtube ("Abortion Debate at Texas Freethought Convention, between Matt Dillahunty and Kristine Kruszelnicki " ... look it up if you're interested, but full disclosure, there are some graphic images). It's between two atheists, and they pretty much stick to arguments grounded in science and legal rights.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Because I said:

and you said:

That reasoning would fall under the irrational, emotional and nonscientific points I mentioned.
    Now I'm lost.

do you think that the belief that life begins at conception is irrational? Because that's an easy to defend rational belief.

And then to take the next step and claim that we shouldn't kill human life is also very rational.

Not what I believe but irrationality has nothing to do with that.

And why does everyone **** on emotions? They are absolutely necessary for good decision making.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-16-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Now I'm lost.

do you think that the belief that life begins at conception is irrational? Because that's an easy to defend rational belief.

And then to take the next step and claim that we shouldn't kill human life is also very rational.

Not what I believe but irrationality has nothing to do with that.

And why does everyone **** on emotions? They are absolutely necessary for good decision making.
    I think that everyone disregards emotions because if we're going to legislate certain freedoms, we need to do so rationally and with reason.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    I think that everyone disregards emotions because if we're going to legislate certain freedoms, we need to do so rationally and with reason.
    You can not make a good decision without understanding the emotional aspect of that decision. It's literally how decisions are made.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    You can not make a good decision without understanding the emotional aspect of that decision. It's literally how decisions are made.
    I know but emotions are often seen as irrational thus you get all this rhetoric about needing to stay away from it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123