Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    The female body has ways of shutting down to prevent pregnancy in the absence of abortions.
    is this under conscious control?

vCash
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    The female body has ways of shutting down to prevent pregnancy in the absence of abortions.

Its called a hanger.

Was that one too much?
    Last edited by flips333; 11-15-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    sooo, although I have never really gave it too much thought I probably support early term abortion, let me just play devil's advocate. If we quantify a man robbing a bank and spreading those millions of dollars amongst the needy in the city, should we now hope for this to help push policy makers toward making it legal? My point being, these policy makers are not basing their policy off of economic/emotional impact, rather they are basing it off what they believe to be the murder of an innocent child. There are many things which can lead to better situations for many people, are we to expect they all become legalized?

This robbing and spreading money amongst the needy is not a good analogy. Robbing a bank steals money from people, destabilizes economic systems, and causes a lack of trust in the banking system. This would lead to an economic disadvantage for all. Even the people given the money
    Last edited by flips333; 11-15-2012 at 11:12 AM.

vCash
    c'mon flips, ur better than that. U know what i'm saying...

vCash
    c'mon flips, ur better than that. U know what i'm saying...
    Yes I do know what you are saying... but I can't think of one good example... and you brought it up not me. A false equivalence is not an equivalence. The responsibility to create a credible example to bring up this slippery slope concern is on you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Yes I do know what you are saying... but I can't think of one good example... and you brought it up not me. A false equivalence is not an equivalence. The responsibility to create a credible example to bring up this slippery slope concern is on you.
    ok nate jr, let's say a study quantifies the positive benefit if 5% of lockheed martin's revenue is taken and distributed amongst lower class...

let's also say another study quantifies the positive benefit if an unfit mother who might give her child up for adoption were to kill it instead, thus reducing the resources spent on that child.

any of these good?

vCash
    ok nate jr, let's say a study quantifies the positive benefit if 5% of lockheed martin's revenue is taken and distributed amongst lower class...

let's also say another study quantifies the positive benefit if an unfit mother who might give her child up for adoption were to kill it instead, thus reducing the resources spent on that child.

any of these good?
    First off Nate is definitely younger than me.

Second is I don't know what your point with either of these is.

To your original point. No one expects that this will come to fruition:
    There are many things which can lead to better situations for many people, are we to expect they all become legalized?
    . The moment you add in ALL it becomes kind of silly. Our society has rules, laws that govern our actions. We maintain a society within those laws. It might make sense to kill all ******** people from a financial level.... but we don't do this, our society has deemed this unacceptable. Going to the extreme only makes the point that the extreme isn't going to happen. What we have is something that has been declared legal in our society but women are still denied the service. In doing so it's to great detriment to these womens' financial, physical and mental well-being.

vCash

Second is I don't know what your point with either of these is.

To your original point. No one expects that this will come to fruition: . The moment you add in ALL it becomes kind of silly. Our society has rules, laws that govern our actions. We maintain a society within those laws. It might make sense to kill all ******** people from a financial level.... but we don't do this, our society has deemed this unacceptable. Going to the extreme only makes the point that the extreme isn't going to happen. What we have is something that has been declared legal in our society but women are still denied the service. In doing so it's to great detriment to these womens' financial, physical and mental well-being.
    My apologies

Ok, so going with ur example, you say we as a society have deemed certain things acceptable and unacceptable. People against abortion say it is murder of another human, and they have deemed murder unacceptable. I do not believe a 3 week old fetus is a human, but how can I concretely or scientifically say that I am right?

vCash
    Though not by much.

But he thinks anyone that understands how a burden of proof works is like me, apparently.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Also, Ireland is currently dealing with the aftermath of a woman that died after being denied an abortion on a fetus that was already going to die either way.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    My apologies

Ok, so going with ur example, you say we as a society have deemed certain things acceptable and unacceptable. People against abortion say it is murder of another human, and they have deemed murder unacceptable. I do not believe a 3 week old fetus is a human, but how can I concretely or scientifically say that I am right?
    In my opinion you cannot. But you can not concretely say it is human life either. This is a matter of belief.

vCash
    In my opinion you cannot. But you can not concretely say it is human life either. This is a matter of belief.
    Yea, this is kinda the conclusion I had come to earlier, which is why its hard for me to really stand up for one side or the other. I'm definitely pro choice, but at the same time there's gotta be some kinda limit as to how far into a pregnancy abortion can be performed at. Where that line is drawn seems completely arbitrary either way. My personal opinion on where that line should be drawn has religious basis, so I can't really expect to force that on anyone else...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Though not by much.

But he thinks anyone that understands how a burden of proof works is like me, apparently.
    Actually, I think that anyone I look up to and admire is like you.

You are my beacon of light nate.

All joking aside, I honestly think you're a smart guy, if I didn't I wouldn't care to try and understand your point of view on matters

vCash
    u lost me
    Because I said:

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    It's irrational, emotional and fed by religious, not scientific, belief.
    and you said:

I was under the impression that people don't side with abortion cuz of the whole killing another human thing...??
    That reasoning would fall under the irrational, emotional and nonscientific points I mentioned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast