Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Yes they did with Coyle on the right. When Granlund was injured Larsson centered that line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Until PMB is back Zucker could take his spot on the second line LW. Granlund will be the second line C. That allows Cullen to fall down to third line LW where he is much better suited as a defensively responsible player that can match other top lines while adding a little offense.

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
    PMB (Zucker)-Granlund-Setoguchi
    Cullen-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
    Powe-Konopka-Mitchell

That is a very solid and very deep group of forwards with everyone playing their intended role and no one playing a role that they dont fit (like Cullen as our 2nd line center)
    I'm not sure where I read it/heard it (the strib I think) sounds like Yeo is going with the following top 2 lines for the start of camp

Parise-Koivu-Heater
    Cullen-Granlund-Seto

Last I heard PMB was only cleared to skate and has not been cleared for Contact yet.. Hopefully i'm wrong..

Either way you are right on that we have a strong deep line up.. Lots of flexibility at the NHL level between lines and even more when you think about the guys in the AHL who could come up and try out a top 6 roll or come up and be roll players in the bottom 6.

I personally am very excited to see how things shake out..
    I do wish we had one more spot at the NHL level to bring up a AHL'er off and on if one is hot..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Yes they did with Coyle on the right. When Granlund was injured Larsson centered that line.
    I didnt watch any games, but they have phenomenal stats together. Dont ruin a good thing, keep those two together until they cool off.

vCash
    Tg your right on Bouchard but once he is cleared he will take (or should) Cullens spot on the second line.

Purple I agree that Zucker should get a shot at that second line while PMB is injured. The only thing then is another rostered forward would have to hit the waiver wire. Not that that is a huge deal, im sure Dowell will be the first and I really have no clue why we signed him.

vCash
    here is a nice little write up on the Wild prospects by Hockey's Future.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...vy-of-the-nhl/

the article is titled.Minnesota Wild’s minor league system the envy of the NHL

it goes into a nice little write up about all the guys we have in the AHL.

They don't mention our prospects not in the AHL, such as Dumba, Lucia and Haula. Lucia is a guy I am really looking forward to following on his way up to the NHL. He is one of the best players on #9 ranked Notre Dame. He played high school hockey in Minnesota for Wayzata. He is the son of current Gopher hockey coach Don Lucia. Being the son of one of the best college hockeys best coaches shows as well, as he is a pretty fundamentally sound player, which I think will put him on the quick road to the NHL once his college career is done.
    Another under ranked prospect for the Wild, is Erik Haula who plays for the #1 ranked Minnesota Gophers. He is 8th in all of NCAA in points. The Wild hit a potential jackpot with him, getting him in the 7th round of the 2009 draft, out of Finland. Since being drafted, his stock has skyrocketed, as he has been lighting it up for the Gophers (lead the team in goals as a sophomore). Hockey Prospectus has him ranked as our 10th best prospect, Hockey's Future puts him at #11. Amazing passer, kind of small.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12