Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Because his offense requires a mobile qb.
    Enter Vick.

Again, not so much asking for Kelly, but I know we need to keep Vick to be successful IF Kelly is hired.

I would still rather keep Andy/Vick together for 1 more season.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    You'd keep Vick and trade for Terrell Pryor to make sure we have a mobile backup

vCash
    You'd keep Vick and trade for Terrell Pryor to make sure we have a mobile backup
    Yuck. No on Pryor.

vCash
    Because his offense requires a mobile qb.
    Isn't that what I just said?

Dude, you're so difficult to have a conversation with. When I say your comparisons are off, it has to do with all the names you mentioned. Vick to Bree's, manning to leaf, smith and Ryan. We're not comparing years they were drafted, we are comparing style and ability. Where you rank many of these players I completely disagree with. Scouts completely disagree with you (I.e. Ryan having an average arm). I don't care that you've watched every game. The NFL analyst and scouts I've listened to compare Barkely to Clausen. Their reasoning is solid. That's good enough for me.

But as I've repeatedly said, we are getting off topic and arguing to argue. We agree, Foles is where we are at right now. For better or worse. He's the guy. Now it's time to hire a coach that fits his abilities. Chip Kelly is not the guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Enter Vick.

Again, not so much asking for Kelly, but I know we need to keep Vick to be successful IF Kelly is hired.

I would still rather keep Andy/Vick together for 1 more season.

Why? You haven't seen enough ineptitude already? I am curious though. Why would you want another year?

vCash
    Because I don't blame either of them for this teams lack of success this year. With a few adjustments this team is capable of winning now ( healthy OL, bring in a WR like Bowe, address the S position, draft by need, cut Marty).

Injuries ravaged this team, not Reid/Vick.

vCash
    Because I don't blame either of them for this teams lack of success this year. With a few adjustments this team is capable of winning now ( healthy OL, bring in a WR like Bowe, address the S position, draft by need, cut Marty).

But why would you want Reid making those adjustments?

Reid is the one that retooled rather than rebuilt and that experiment was a failure. He chose every draft pick and free agent and over the past few years he's done a poor job. So the WR, S, OL problems are on him regardless of injuries. He chooses every player that stays on the team, meaning those backups are players he thought were capable of coming in and performing. Also, what's the excuse for last year? The line was very good last year, and still Vick was only mediocre, and was bailed out by Shady's great season. I'm sure you'll blame the defense for last year, and that's fine, but it doesn't change the 59% completion rate and a 9:7 TD:Int ratio Vick had.

Also, just to note:
    Pittsburgh has lost 3 offensive linemen this year, along with Polamalu and Harrison and they are 6-4
    Green Bay lost 1 or 2 OL, and they are 7-3
    Tampa Bay lost 2 Pro Bowl guards and their offense has gotten better, and they are 6-4

Reid chose poor draft picks and backups and while you don't normally see this many injuries at the same time, it's obvious that none of them are good enough, and that is on Andy. He isn't the judge of talent he once was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedRed(duh) View Post
    Isn't that what I just said?

Dude, you're so difficult to have a conversation with. When I say your comparisons are off, it has to do with all the names you mentioned. Vick to Bree's, manning to leaf, smith and Ryan. We're not comparing years they were drafted, we are comparing style and ability. Where you rank many of these players I completely disagree with. Scouts completely disagree with you (I.e. Ryan having an average arm). I don't care that you've watched every game. The NFL analyst and scouts I've listened to compare Barkely to Clausen. Their reasoning is solid. That's good enough for me.

But as I've repeatedly said, we are getting off topic and arguing to argue. We agree, Foles is where we are at right now. For better or worse. He's the guy. Now it's time to hire a coach that fits his abilities. Chip Kelly is not the guy
    Who are these nfl analysts you keep tossing around?

Also find where I said Ryan had a weak or average arm.

vCash

So what ravaged our team last year then when O-line wasn't a problem?? Vick constantly getting hurt late in the 4th. I don't mind keeping Vick but we need a stronger version of him if were expected to have any sort of consistancy throughout the whole season.

We need a mobile QB who won't miss a game here or there.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I wouldn't mind seeing Alex Smith in green next year if San Fran goes with the kid. Give Foles a couple of years to learn/not learn. Smith is a game manager who has shown grit and toughness in a very bad situation(s) in the past and worked through it to become a good QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post

So what ravaged our team last year then when O-line wasn't a problem?? Vick constantly getting hurt late in the 4th. I don't mind keeping Vick but we need a stronger version of him if were expected to have any sort of consistancy throughout the whole season.

We need a mobile QB who won't miss a game here or there.
    Mobile QBs aren't successful in the NFL. Why keep trying force the issue? Pocket passers are what's proven to work
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Mobile QBs aren't successful in the NFL. Why keep trying force the issue? Pocket passers are what's proven to work
    Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers beg to differ

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    So would Colin Kapernick.

vCash
    Ben and Rodgers are both capable of sitting in the pocket and accurately throwing the football which is where they make their best contributions, not trying to scramble upfield like Vince Young, Mike Vick, Kordell Stewart, Randall Cunningham, Dennis Dickoson and many other failed running QBs.

Sure if you want someone who's able to avoid pressure and move in the pocket, boot leg occasionally that's great on occasion, but they still hav have to be effective passers
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Ben and Rodgers are both capable of sitting in the pocket and accurately throwing the football which is where they make their best contributions, not trying to scramble upfield like Vince Young, Mike Vick, Kordell Stewart, Randall Cunningham, Dennis Dickoson and many other failed running QBs.

Sure if you want someone who's able to avoid pressure and move in the pocket, boot leg occasionally that's great on occasion, but they still hav have to be effective passers
    You shut your whorish mouth. Never, never speak illy of Cunningham. Ever.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast