Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Did I give an opinion on dalton? I couldn't honestly see a reason for me doing so. Kolb I never said anything but he's accurate and we should all give him a chance. Never watched him much if at all in college so I'd have no base to give a scouting report.

Foles, I said he has all of the tools which he does. Doesn't mean hell be successful. Tons of people have the tools. He can be a successful nfl qb. Will he? He's not off to a great start

Barkley has to hit the right situation to let the intangibles speak.
    I remember wanting Dalton and you said that I shouldn't want any part of him. I blame you.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedRed(duh) View Post
    Vick and Brees aren't the same. Manning and Leaf had more factors than attitude. The fact you break down ones failure to ones success based on such a black and white, simplistic answer of good attitude vs poor attitude is laughable. Yes, it's not unimportant. But it's small in comparison.

Btw, to say Vick doesn't have drive, work ethic, and a good attitude would make you disconnected from what's going on. Vick isn't struggling bc he doesn't work hard. He's struggling because he can't read a defense.

There's just more to your examples than "attitude"
    And you're aware that he can't read a defense because he never put the work in to learn how right? He's openly admitted to having never watched game film while he was with the Falcons. Before the NFL he was the best athlete and he never needed to worry about the thinking part of football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I remember wanting Dalton and you said that I shouldn't want any part of him. I blame you.
    TBH, Dalton isn't doing anything special, its all AJ Green. AJ Green makes him look better than he actually is.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    And you're aware that he can't read a defense because he never put the work in to learn how right? He's openly admitted to having never watched game film while he was with the Falcons. Before the NFL he was the best athlete and he never needed to worry about the thinking part of football.
    The Falcons?? Really???

All preseason we heard in the media how Vick had to be kicked out of the film room bc he was spending too much time in there. His attitude is great. He's working hard. He just has plateaued and degressed. His failure is his inability to not read a defense, not because he isn't putting in the work. Some QBs never get good at it.

vCash
    The Falcons?? Really???

All preseason we heard in the media how Vick had to be kicked out of the film room bc he was spending too much time in there. His attitude is great. He's working hard. He just has plateaued and degressed. His failure is his inability to not read a defense, not because he isn't putting in the work. Some QBs never get good at it.
    You completely missed the point of mentioning the Falcons. Vick waited until he was 32 to begin trying to learn to read a defense. It really just seems that he spent countless hours in the film room this summer with no idea of what he was looking for because he still can't do it. Plus the original comparison was to Drew Brees, which is because they were both drafted the same year. One is an extremely intelligent quarterback and has worked his whole life on that because he wasn't nearly as physically gifted. While the other relied on his natural ability to just be physically better than everyone without having to study the game. So maybe now, in his 10th season, because he's aging Vick has a great attitude, but he could have been so much better had he began his NFL career with this same attitude. Proving the below to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Really? Attitude can be everything. Attitude was a major difference between leaf and manning, Vick and brees

Attitude is vital. Most qbs, a high percentage have multiple set of abilities that make them nfl caliber. Where does the separation come from? Attitude, work ethic, drive

If attitude was such a small factor jamarcus Russell would have made it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    TBH, Dalton isn't doing anything special, its all AJ Green. AJ Green makes him look better than he actually is.
    Dalton in this offense would be amazing.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Dalton in this offense would be amazing.
    I watch a lot of Dalton being just an hour south of Cincinnati. Dude is a product of AJ Green. He's a big reason the Bengals aren't better than 5-5.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I watch a lot of Dalton being just an hour south of Cincinnati. Dude is a product of AJ Green. He's a big reason the Bengals aren't better than 5-5.
    They also severely lack a running game, and Green is the ONLY option in Cincinatti.

I stand by my claim that Dalton would make this offense significantly better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    You completely missed the point of mentioning the Falcons. Vick waited until he was 32 to begin trying to learn to read a defense. It really just seems that he spent countless hours in the film room this summer with no idea of what he was looking for because he still can't do it. Plus the original comparison was to Drew Brees, which is because they were both drafted the same year. One is an extremely intelligent quarterback and has worked his whole life on that because he wasn't nearly as physically gifted. While the other relied on his natural ability to just be physically better than everyone without having to study the game. So maybe now, in his 10th season, because he's aging Vick has a great attitude, but he could have been so much better had he began his NFL career with this same attitude. Proving the below to be correct.
    I don't disagree with this. And to be fair, putting this much detail in the first time would have helped!

However, we don't know if Vick would be any good at reading defenses had he been doing so from the beginning. It IS a talent a QB can improve on, and yet some QBs never get good at it. There's no certainty there.

My point is still valid, simply saying that the difference between good and bad quarterbacks is focus, work ethic, and drive isn't the case. If it were, anyone could be a good NFL QB. Obviously that's not the case.

But again, we're getting WAY off topic. We need to hire a coach that can highlight Foles' abilities. For better or worse, he's the QB for the next two years.

vCash
    It's funny with some of the comments in here that many don't understand the type of offense that Kelly runs.

vCash
    Under Kelly, Oregon looks to run 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. The pass is there to supplement the run (not to mention about 50% of the passes Oregon throws are swing passes behind or at the LOS).

This would allow Desean and Maclin to work out of the screen game, as well as boost McCoy's/Brown's value as well.

vCash
    They also severely lack a running game, and Green is the ONLY option in Cincinatti.

I stand by my claim that Dalton would make this offense significantly better.
    Yeah, they do have a major lack of a run game, but when they get stuck in a situation in which they need to be passing, Dalton has one trick and it's hope Green brings it down. He has other weapons, but his arm strength absolutely kills that team's big play ability.

Dalton would improve this offense simply because he's not Nick Foles a rookie and doesn't fumble 11 times like Vick. Outside of that, he's a game-manager extreme.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Under Kelly, Oregon looks to run 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. The pass is there to supplement the run (not to mention about 50% of the passes Oregon throws are swing passes behind or at the LOS).

This would allow Desean and Maclin to work out of the screen game, as well as boost McCoy's/Brown's value as well.
    Yes. But Kelly hasn't run this offense without a mobile
    Quarterback.

vCash
    I'll go with the scouting reports over what you've seen. Most say Barkely has trouble putting velocity on the ball and getting it to the hashes. Has trouble pushing it down the field. He's not inept. Just not strong in that category. Not strong enough to be a star in this league. I will give you his struggles with reading defenses which lead to his bad decisions.

Again, your QB comparison is just off. And I'm not even sure what you're trying to say. Looks like it needs an edit bc of some incompete thoughts. He has an average arm.

We're getting off topic. The point is that the Eagles should not reach for an QB in this draft thinking they are the answer. Build around Foles because its your best option until the draft or free agency look better
    Off? You compared Barkley to clausen, who has an above average arm so how are my comparisons off. I never said Barkley was rolling out there like jay cutler. I said he has a capable arm. That's all I've said. He needs to time because he doesn't have the arm to be late and still hit the pass but that can be said for a few of the NFLs qbs. Brady, rivers, romo just a few

I wouldn't take a qb either simply because we just drafted foles. If foles falls flat on his face then I'd look to the draft

vCash
    Yes. But Kelly hasn't run this offense without a mobile
    Quarterback.
    Because his offense requires a mobile qb.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast