Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    No way Vick stays, even if Kelly landed here no coach is going to place the future of their career in a 33 year old injury prone, underperforming QB. If Kelly comes and wants that college style QB, he will draft one
    For his system, you need a mobile quarterbacks

vCash
    Unless you know... He was capable of effectively evaluating talent and bringing in quality players to replace the ones leaving, one of those things expected of a good coach
    Look at the compensation TB traded for Gruden. He had zero 1st & 2nd round picks for two years. Plus, TB kicked over 8 Mil, that's a lot of cheddar for a notoriously cheap franchise.

I'm not saying he's the best available coaching candidate out there, but people fail to realize that he was a pretty successful HC. He should have lead an Oakland team owned and ran by crazy Al to a SB AND actually won a SB with a team Dungy couldn't win one with.

Does his act get old with his players? I'm sure it does. But, with this talent they have, maybe he can be the one who brings it all together. His past is his past, the dude obviously loves coaching and the game of football. Like I said on another post, perhaps peoples perception of him as an "egomaniac" has humbled him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreenseason View Post
    No way Vick stays, even if Kelly landed here no coach is going to place the future of their career in a 33 year old injury prone, underperforming QB. If Kelly comes and wants that college style QB, he will draft one
    You must have not read the part I sai about him drafting one. Vick is hardly the threat he used to be as a mobile QB
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    You must have not read the part I sai about him drafting one. Vick is hardly the threat he used to be as a mobile QB
    You must've missed the whole "weak QB class" thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Many...MANY...are missing this point. Foles is the guy simply bc weak FA, weak QB draft , and lack of cap room will leave the Eagles with little options. Kelly is not the coach for Foles

vCash
    Lack of cap room? I may very well be wrong, but the Eagles have the most cap space in the league right now if I remember correctly(at least coming into this year).

Trust me, I'd rather not spend big on anything considering how poorly FA has treated the Eagles over the last decade, but I'm pretty sure they have money.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    You dont need a strong QB class... He wouldnt be looking to add a QB, hes looking to add an athlete, a runner. Theres plenty of those around
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Eagles are $20 mill under the cap right now according to Gargano.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreenseason View Post
    Geno Smith could work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Eagles are $20 mill under the cap right now according to Gargano.
    $21M but your correct.
    http://www.eaglescap.com/

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglesfan05 View Post
    Geno Smith could work
    Just because he's black doesn't mean hes mobile. Geno has average to below average athleticism

He might as well be Barkley athletically because he's not mobile in the least

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    Lack of cap room? I may very well be wrong, but the Eagles have the most cap space in the league right now if I remember correctly(at least coming into this year).

Trust me, I'd rather not spend big on anything considering how poorly FA has treated the Eagles over the last decade, but I'm pretty sure they have money.
    I have to admit I haven't looked up the numbers, but according to Brian Baldinger and other analyst from 97.5, next years cap is tight. That's if they don't make cuts, which they probably will.

It's a moot point though. There's no FA QBs to go get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Just because he's black doesn't mean hes mobile. Geno has average to below average athleticism

He might as well be Barkley athletically because he's not mobile in the least
    Not to mention neither is outstanding. Both will go in the first round bc the draft is weak. But both are not great QB's. Think Jimmy Clausen when looking at Barkley.

vCash
    How Matt Barkley has tumbled. Was being touted as a stud before the season.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast