Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 179
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Downingtown PA
    Posts
    797
    vCash
    1500
    I wasn't that general. I think the pattern of measurement is fine when we talk specifically about gimmick offenses. There is overwhelming evidence that they do not work in the NFL.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,435
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think Mike D'antoni. I think Bobby Petrino.

    So no thanks in other words.

    Lights, Cameras, Jackson

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,282
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedRed(duh) View Post
    I wasn't that general. I think the pattern of measurement is fine when we talk specifically about gimmick offenses. There is overwhelming evidence that they do not work in the NFL.
    At one point the west coast offense was considered a gimmick, as was a 4 WR set, greatest show on turf was a gimmick, the saints and their offense could be considered a gimmick

    Yes there are several failed gimmicks, and chip Kelly may very well be one of them, but there are also revolutionary concepts out there waiting to take the nfl by storm

    Banking on a gimmick is a risk, one that I personally don't like, however I could easily see chip Kelly's offense working simply because it's run heavy and I can see that being difficult to defend.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    The point of the article was that Kelly has just as good of a chance as being the next great coach as any other option out there right now. Just because he runs a gimmick offense does not mean it will fail.

    FIRE ME!


    I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bernabeu
    Posts
    1,870
    vCash
    1500
    Has there been any report between chip and the eagles or are u guys just pulling it from ur ***

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    12,412
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    The point of the article was that Kelly has just as good of a chance as being the next great coach as any other option out there right now. Just because he runs a gimmick offense does not mean it will fail.
    8 times out of 10, it will fail. Unless you have Cam Newton or RG3 then those college type gimmick offenses fail. Kelly could very well be one of the guys who succeeds, but with so many other better, more proven potential candidates available it wouldn't make sense to turn to the unknown that is Kelly.
    SPACE


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,388
    vCash
    1500
    I honestly think Chip Kelly is way to big of a risk. If you bring him in you have to bring in a lot of different pieces to have his offense work and if he fails it basically sets the franchise back years. I'd much rather go after some hot shot coordinator.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    12,412
    vCash
    1500
    ^Or one of the plethora of coaches with proven success in this league.
    SPACE


  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    45,109
    vCash
    785
    Who, Gruden? Bwahahahaha!

    Dude, go do some research on Gruden, seriously, any of you who think he should be our next head coach. The guy is awful. You'll see, just go do some research.

    OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

    My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    433
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Who, Gruden? Bwahahahaha!

    Dude, go do some research on Gruden, seriously, any of you who think he should be our next head coach. The guy is awful. You'll see, just go do some research.
    agreed

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Downingtown PA
    Posts
    797
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    8 times out of 10, it will fail. Unless you have Cam Newton or RG3 then those college type gimmick offenses fail. Kelly could very well be one of the guys who succeeds, but with so many other better, more proven potential candidates available it wouldn't make sense to turn to the unknown that is Kelly.
    Yes. This.

    Brian Baldinger made an interesting comment today. Kelly had a history of getting QB's hurt bc of the type of offense he runs. Leave the QB exposed. Also, Foles transferred out of Michigan to Arizona to get out of the offense very similar to Kelly's. Kelly is NOT the guy for the Eagles.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    12,412
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Who, Gruden? Bwahahahaha!

    Dude, go do some research on Gruden, seriously, any of you who think he should be our next head coach. The guy is awful. You'll see, just go do some research.
    Gruden would definitely be better than Kelly, not to mention the many other potential candidates who would be better than both
    SPACE


  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    Foles is our starting QB next year? That's news to me. Yikes. Talk about setting a team back years... He's going to have to make major strides in the next 7 weeks if he's starting next year.

    I love when someone says "8 times out of 10, Kelly will fail." Come on man, don't pull **** out of your ***. That's disrespectful. Go do some research at least... Nothing personal, it's just that you made up a percentage to prove your point.

    FIRE ME!


    I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    3,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    Gruden would definitely be better than Kelly, not to mention the many other potential candidates who would be better than both


    He has a Superbowl!!!!!!

    FIRE ME!


    I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    325
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post


    He has a Superbowl!!!!!!
    That is because he inherited a great defense when he took over the bucs. Like BDAWK said go look up his stats. Gruden isnt as good as people think. I posted stats a while back on him. He would do nothing here.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •