Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I wasn't that general. I think the pattern of measurement is fine when we talk specifically about gimmick offenses. There is overwhelming evidence that they do not work in the NFL.

vCash
    I don't think Mike D'antoni. I think Bobby Petrino.

So no thanks in other words.

Lights, Cameras, Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedRed(duh) View Post
    I wasn't that general. I think the pattern of measurement is fine when we talk specifically about gimmick offenses. There is overwhelming evidence that they do not work in the NFL.
    At one point the west coast offense was considered a gimmick, as was a 4 WR set, greatest show on turf was a gimmick, the saints and their offense could be considered a gimmick

Yes there are several failed gimmicks, and chip Kelly may very well be one of them, but there are also revolutionary concepts out there waiting to take the nfl by storm

Banking on a gimmick is a risk, one that I personally don't like, however I could easily see chip Kelly's offense working simply because it's run heavy and I can see that being difficult to defend.

vCash
    The point of the article was that Kelly has just as good of a chance as being the next great coach as any other option out there right now. Just because he runs a gimmick offense does not mean it will fail.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Has there been any report between chip and the eagles or are u guys just pulling it from ur ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    The point of the article was that Kelly has just as good of a chance as being the next great coach as any other option out there right now. Just because he runs a gimmick offense does not mean it will fail.
    8 times out of 10, it will fail. Unless you have Cam Newton or RG3 then those college type gimmick offenses fail. Kelly could very well be one of the guys who succeeds, but with so many other better, more proven potential candidates available it wouldn't make sense to turn to the unknown that is Kelly.
    SPACE

vCash
    I honestly think Chip Kelly is way to big of a risk. If you bring him in you have to bring in a lot of different pieces to have his offense work and if he fails it basically sets the franchise back years. I'd much rather go after some hot shot coordinator.

vCash
    ^Or one of the plethora of coaches with proven success in this league.
    SPACE

vCash
    Who, Gruden? Bwahahahaha!

Dude, go do some research on Gruden, seriously, any of you who think he should be our next head coach. The guy is awful. You'll see, just go do some research.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post

Dude, go do some research on Gruden, seriously, any of you who think he should be our next head coach. The guy is awful. You'll see, just go do some research.
    agreed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    8 times out of 10, it will fail. Unless you have Cam Newton or RG3 then those college type gimmick offenses fail. Kelly could very well be one of the guys who succeeds, but with so many other better, more proven potential candidates available it wouldn't make sense to turn to the unknown that is Kelly.
    Yes. This.

Brian Baldinger made an interesting comment today. Kelly had a history of getting QB's hurt bc of the type of offense he runs. Leave the QB exposed. Also, Foles transferred out of Michigan to Arizona to get out of the offense very similar to Kelly's. Kelly is NOT the guy for the Eagles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post

Gruden would definitely be better than Kelly, not to mention the many other potential candidates who would be better than both
    SPACE

vCash
    Foles is our starting QB next year? That's news to me. Yikes. Talk about setting a team back years... He's going to have to make major strides in the next 7 weeks if he's starting next year.

I love when someone says "8 times out of 10, Kelly will fail." Come on man, don't pull **** out of your ***. That's disrespectful. Go do some research at least... Nothing personal, it's just that you made up a percentage to prove your point.

FIRE ME!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    Gruden would definitely be better than Kelly, not to mention the many other potential candidates who would be better than both

He has a Superbowl!!!!!!

FIRE ME!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post

He has a Superbowl!!!!!!
    That is because he inherited a great defense when he took over the bucs. Like BDAWK said go look up his stats. Gruden isnt as good as people think. I posted stats a while back on him. He would do nothing here.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast