Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    So what ravaged our team last year then when O-line wasn't a problem?? Vick constantly getting hurt late in the 4th. I don't mind keeping Vick but we need a stronger version of him if were expected to have any sort of consistancy throughout the whole season.

We need a mobile QB who won't miss a game here or there.
    Technically yes, vick doesnt go down against the falcons and we make the playoffs on a 4 game win streak jus sayin

vCash
    No mentions of Tim Tebow in a chip Kelly offense... Just playing devils advocate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreenseason View Post
    No mentions of Tim Tebow in a chip Kelly offense... Just playing devils advocate
    No mentions of Tebow being a QB period.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Ben and Rodgers are both capable of sitting in the pocket and accurately throwing the football which is where they make their best contributions, not trying to scramble upfield like Vince Young, Mike Vick, Kordell Stewart, Randall Cunningham, Dennis Dickoson and many other failed running QBs.

Sure if you want someone who's able to avoid pressure and move in the pocket, boot leg occasionally that's great on occasion, but they still hav have to be effective passers
    Big Ben made a name for himself by being more accurate passing on the run than in the pocket, if you watch the NFL, Mobil QBs are the way to go.
    with the talent coming out of college on D now days, pocket passers are a thing of the pass.
    there is a reason so many teams OLines look so bad now, DLinemen has just gotten Bigger, stronger, and faster as the years go by.

that being said, Big Ben and Aron Rogers play in well designed systems, their coaches game-plan and adjust to what the D is doing in game, think back on SEA beating up on Rogers in the first half (8 or 9 Sacks) and didn't touch him in the second half.

Andy and Marty don't game-plan well and they dont make good in-game decisions.

we don't need Smith he is a product of a system, where was he before Jim got there? Give me Vick over him any day.
    Last edited by strokeman; 11-28-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeman View Post
    Big Ben made a name for himself by being more accurate passing on the run than in the pocket, if you watch the NFL, Mobil QBs are the way to go.
    with the talent coming out of college on D now days, pocket passers are a thing of the pass.
    there is a reason so many teams OLines look so bad now, DLinemen has just gotten Bigger, stronger, and faster as the years go by.

that being said, Big Ben and Aron Rogers play in well designed systems, their coaches game-plan and adjust to what the D is doing in game, think back on SEA beating up on Rogers in the first half (8 or 9 Sacks) and didn't touch him in the second half.

Andy and Marty don't game-plan well and they dont make good in-game decisions.

we don't need Smith he is a product of a system, where was he before Jim got there? Give me Vick over him any day.
    Ben is accurate on the run, sure but he is not MORE accurate on the move then while in the pocket. No QB is.

And mobile QBs are hardly the way to go...

Since 1990

"Non - Mobile" QBs who have won SBs:
    Peyton Manning x 1
    Tom Brady x 3
    Drew Brees x 1
    Eli Manning x 2
    Brett Favre x1
    Kurt Warner x 1
    Brad Johnson x 1
    Trent Dilfer x 1
    Troy Aikman x 3
    Mark Rypien x 2
    Jeff Hostetler x 2
    Joe Montana x 4

Total Rings = 22

"Mobile" QBs
    Steve Young x 3 (including those he was on the bench for)
    Ben Roethlisberger x 2
    Aaron Rodgers x 1
    Elway (sort of) x 2

Total Rings = 8

Its important to note that all the mobile QBs listed are effective pocket passers, which is ultimately what is the most important role of an NFL QB
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Chip Kelly has at least one endorsement in Philadelphia -- from Eagles linebacker Casey Matthews.

Harrison: Week 13 predictions
    With only five games left in the regular season, it's must-win time for several clubs. Elliot Harrison provides his picks for Week 13. More ...
    Matthews played two seasons under Kelly at the University of Oregon before being selected in the fourth round of the 2011 draft. Kelly could make the jump into the NFL after this season. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers tried to pry Kelly out of Eugene during the offseason. Both Jon Gruden and Bill Belichick have picked Kelly's brain for tips about the Ducks' high-octane offense.

The Eagles are expected to part ways with Andy Reid after a second consecutive underachieving season, and Kelly could be high on their replacement list.

"I think the fans here would love him," Matthews told the Philadelphia Inquirer. "They would love his attitude, his go-get-it mentality.

"The way he carries himself, the way his mindset is, I think they'll really like him here. He would crack jokes. When he would talk to reporters at halftime, he would give the most sarcastic answers."

One question surrounding Kelly is, will his system will work in the NFL? Many college coaches have failed on the next level.

"You got to have the right personnel," Matthews said. "I think it could work. I don't see why it couldn't. It's pretty tough to stop. Even when you have it down, teams will start getting tired quick. They're not used to that pace.

"They're so unbelievably fast. Say, if it was a defensive period, he'd have two offenses lined up. When they'd do one play, they'd run off and the other team would come on. It was just rapid fire. His mindset was 100 plays in 100 minutes. You didn't ever have to condition."
    Well, Casey Matthews likes him, and doesn't seem any problem in saying so.

Sometimes I like to say who I'd like to go out with next while my girlfriend is still in the room.
    “Football players, like prostitutes, are in the business of ruining their bodies for the pleasure of strangers”

vCash
    Too bad Casey has been a complete bust.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Just read an interesting article naming Greg Roman as a potential HC candidate.Current OC for the 49ers.He has a hard nose background,might be a good choice.

vCash
    greg roman opens the door up for alex smith. that alone is enough for me to say hell no.

i can already see a seattle seahawks situation where the former viking OC became the OC in seattle and decided to bring in tavaris jackson.

if greg roman wants to come in, draft a QB, and then make the team go from there i'm fine with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    greg roman opens the door up for alex smith. that alone is enough for me to say hell no.

i can already see a seattle seahawks situation where the former viking OC became the OC in seattle and decided to bring in tavaris jackson.

if greg roman wants to come in, draft a QB, and then make the team go from there i'm fine with it.
    Oh I agree,I don't want Alex Smith as the starter.

here is a link to the Greg Roman article.One thing I like is that he was an Eagles fan as a kid.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...ORTS/110609685

vCash
    Stanford head coach might be interesting as well. Chip would be exciting, but the Stanford coach has an NFL background and plays with a hard nosed approach and an NFL style offense.

vCash
    I like the idea i think he could utilize our offensive weapons and improve our defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    From what I've read, the most impressive thing about him is the way he runs a team. Apparently he is more of an X's and O's guy than most top college football coaches, where he isn't a big recruiter. He is better at getting the most out of a less talented team rather than being a great recruiter like Pete Carroll, which brings nothing to the NFL.

Isn't it much easier to motivate college players who have the dream of getting to the NFL and a big payday than a professional player who already got the big contract?

vCash
    Not really a big fan of hiring college coaches. Its much different coaching men then boys.

vCash
    how about Terrell Pryor?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast