Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 25YrsNcounting View Post
    I don't get the Gruden hate either. He should have at least took his Raiders team to a SB, and possibly won, if not for the infamous tuck rule. Then he goes to a TB team that was coached and built by Dungy and gets them over the top. Sure his QB carousel in TB was ridiculous, but who's to say he hasn't learned from it? Perhaps his 4 years off as a coach has been a real shot to his ego, in a good way.
    And the team he beat in the SB was essentially his team anyway, so there's no way that win could be discounted.. And you brought up the best point, he has never really had a stud QB to work with. He loved Foles coming out of school and who knows how well he could develop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    Nick Saban is a great recruiter. There's a huge difference between being a recruiter and a great football coach.
    So you're going to tell me that Nick Saban wins all those games strictly because of his recruiting prowess, rather than coaching ability? I think you're nuts
    SPACE

vCash
    I'm telling you that Chip Kelly is in my opinion the best football coach in the country, meanwhile guys like Nick Saban and Pete Carroll were hired by NFL teams due to their success at the college level, which was 90% due to recruiting. Saban gets the best players in the country every year, so yes I am saying that he doesn't have to do that much on game day. There's a reason he failed in the NFL, and why he ran away to another elite college program. He is a terrible X's and O's coach, couldn't devise a game plan if his life depended on it, etc. He's Alabama's coach because he is the best recruiter in the country.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    According to Rivals.com, Oregon's recruiting class in 2009 was ranked #32 in the country, which is their senior class right now. After that, they were only inside the top 10(#9) in 2010, yet they're the #1 ranked team in the country and will most likely win the BCS Championship this season.

In my opinion, they have the best football coach in the country. This type of coaching success translates well into the NFL, a lot like Harbaugh and Schiano(so far he's been impressive) had easy transitions.

Chip Kelly's college success is not due to having great recruiting classes, but more likely the fact that he prepares his team as well as anyone, and he's a great in-game coach.

FIRE ME!

vCash
    I don't know enough about Chip Kelly to honestly say yes or no.What little I do know,he seems to be an offensive minded coach.I personally would rather have a defensive minded coach.

vCash
    hahaha been saying this for weeks and no one said anything now national guys jump on it and you guys are all over it. remember i have my source. kelly is who lurie wants

vCash
    Chip Kelly runs a gimmick offense. He's a Steve Spurrier in the Florida days. All of The Ole Ball Coach's Qb's were a product of their system. No transition ability to the NFL. And then look how the coach himself transitioned. Kelly belongs in college, that's it. He'll never be successful in the NFL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattski1991 View Post
    hahaha been saying this for weeks and no one said anything now national guys jump on it and you guys are all over it. remember i have my source. kelly is who lurie wants
    Yesss there we go. Finally you start relaying some info.
    If what Illa is saying is true about him being a great X's n O's guy it's exactly waht we want.

People forget our biggest problem is in game adjustments atleast if your great at X's n O's your more prone of making the needed adjustments to turn your teams fortunes around.

Reid is still my favourite coach ever and my #1 but if he goes then this is the type of coach we need.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    saban isn't leaving college...

He is the top dog where he is...

He isn't going to come off his perch and risk failure again

vCash
    I fully expect Reid to stay.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I fully expect Reid to stay.
    Are you being sarcastic?If Reid stays Lurie risks losing many Eagle fans in the stadium next year.

vCash
    No he doesn't. There is absolutely zero risk of losing fans, zero. Big market teams don't operate like that.

I can see Andy staying, rough season, loss of son. Lurie stands to lose a lot in public perception for canning Big Red after a season in which his most tenured head coach dealt with such tragedy.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattski1991 View Post
    who is national guys? just cuz i'm in la dont mean i dont follow.

i mentioned it cuz i was listening to them talk about chip during pac 12 game day and since it seems more than likely reid is done, i'd rather go fresh than known.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    http://www.footballperspective.com/c...s-anyone-else/

Kelly’s offenses have been nothing short of incredible, with many changing parts and often less-than elite recruits. Could you say something similar about Steve Spurrier? Perhaps, but that doesn’t make the two comparable any more than being a fast, black quarterback makes Cam Newton cut from the same cloth as Vince Young. Tanier unfairly glosses over Kelly’s “incredible leadership and management skills” and his unconventional-but stats-nerd-approved decision making. That’s the key: Kelly is a creative and intelligent football mind, the exact type of person that should be able to succeed in a league that tolerates strategists like Pat Shurmur and Marvin Lewis.

The Oregon offenses are famous for their tempo, and that’s a style that Kelly could bring to the NFL regardless of the specific plays he calls. An up-tempo attack makes it difficult for defenses to substitute and tires out a defense, making life easy for an offense. If you think that sounds like a successful recipe in the NFL, you’re right. In 1978, another college coach had the 5th ranked offense that many described as gimmicky, but Bill Walsh turned out to be a pretty good NFL coach, too. Sure, Walsh learned under Paul Brown and had NFL experience, but that didn’t make his offense less controversial at the time.
    Really interesting read on Chip Kelly's future as a head coach. The more and more I read about him, the more I pray that he's here next year.

FIRE ME!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    http://www.footballperspective.com/c...s-anyone-else/

Really interesting read on Chip Kelly's future as a head coach. The more and more I read about him, the more I pray that he's here next year.
    Yup. Do you know who's system the eagles been trying to mimic for the last 13 years? Bill Walsh's. That worked real well. I'm sorry, gimmick offenses do not work in the NFL anymore. For every coach who has succeeded with the gimmick, there's 3 who haven't.

vCash
    I don't like chip Kelly but that's a terrible way to measure this situation. For every coach that's succeeded 3 haven't, just in general.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast