Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thoughts on Chip Kelly as next Coach

Here on the West Coast, we pretty much know that Chip is gone, he almost went to Tampa last year but the AD asked him to finish his contract.

So if/when Andy Reid is fired, what do you you think of the possibility of Chip Kelly of Oregon being the next coach?

He coaches an uptempo fun style, quick snaps, think Mike D'Antoni but for football.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    ONLY if we retain Vick, or somehow acquire RGIII.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Meh.. could be fun to watch but I prefer a coach with pro experience. I don't think this team is going to be in "Explode it and rebuild it" mode so I'd like someone with a more "Win now" attitude.

vCash
    This is gonna happen. Not happy about it but Lurie is gonna do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    ONLY if we retain Vick, or somehow acquire RGIII.
    Lol.

vCash
    No thanks. I'd rather have Gruden if it were between them two
    SPACE

vCash
    While on the surface it is what it is but Kelly was said to have "His heart is with college football and Oregon and he's no longer being considered". This was for the Bucs job last year. A bit of a difference but honestly who's to say it's better or worse... Here your talking higher profile, more pressure and most likely less control.

He's also one of the highest paid coaches in NCAA with a 2.25mil base salary and options up to like 3.5mil. The eagles have the money to top that but would they be inclined to spend that much on a shot at a coach with no NFL experience?

vCash
    I'm starting to think Reid will stay.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    It's still highly, highly probable that he'll be fired. Just because it hasn't happened already doesn't mean it won't. Firing him in season while we're not mathematically eliminated doesn't make sense
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    No thanks. I'd rather have Gruden if it were between them two
    Hell no, chip Kelly at least isn't a sociopath who runs teams into the ground.

I don't like chip Kelly but his guys play hard and he has a system

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Hell no, chip Kelly at least isn't a sociopath who runs teams into the ground.

I don't like chip Kelly but his guys play hard and he has a system
    How do you know? Has he ever coached an NFL team?

Nick Saban's players play hard and he has a system, and he crashed and burned in the NFL. At least Gruden has a track record of success with multiple NFL teams
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Honestly, I kinda hope he does but with a few contingencies. For example, I would like him to overhaul the entire staff. He needs to realize that his loyalty is what his biggest flaw is. There's nothing wrong with him being loyal, it's actually a good trait, but the people he's being loyal to are the ones failing him and ultimately could be the reason for his demise. His stubborn/ego needs a gut check as well.

The dude is a good coach man. They don't fall off of trees.

vCash

Nick Saban's players play hard and he has a system, and he crashed and burned in the NFL. At least Gruden has a track record of success with multiple NFL teams
    I don't get the Gruden hate either. He should have at least took his Raiders team to a SB, and possibly won, if not for the infamous tuck rule. Then he goes to a TB team that was coached and built by Dungy and gets them over the top. Sure his QB carousel in TB was ridiculous, but who's to say he hasn't learned from it? Perhaps his 4 years off as a coach has been a real shot to his ego, in a good way.

vCash
    From what I've read, the most impressive thing about him is the way he runs a team. Apparently he is more of an X's and O's guy than most top college football coaches, where he isn't a big recruiter. He is better at getting the most out of a less talented team rather than being a great recruiter like Pete Carroll, which brings nothing to the NFL.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash

Nick Saban is a great recruiter. There's a huge difference between being a recruiter and a great football coach.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast