Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chicago Bears

5 15.63%
  • San Francisco 49ers

27 84.38%
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Anyone know where I can watch the replay of the game? Can't watch cause of work and no dvr unfortunately.
    Sacramento Kings
    Oakland A's
    San Francisco 49's
    San Jose Sharks

vCash
    As long as Alex Smith is healthy, he's the starting QB on this team this season. I know many people has bitter memories of Smith in his first 6 season, but its time to move on. The Niners were 2 Kyle William fumbles away from being in the Super Bowl with Smith as the QB. They're 6-2-1 this season. Is there really that much of a controversy on who should be the starter? This debate will be ongoing even if Kaepernick has a dud game tonight. Say he goes for 120 yards, a TD and 3 INTs in a Niners loss, there will still be people out there that will want him to start over Alex. They're called Alex Smith-haters and they've been around for a long time.

vCash
    the thing that worries most about tonight is Kaeps release time getting rid of the ball. if he stays on rhythm and doesnt hold on to the ball to long then i think he has a chance at a good game. he got better at that towards the end of the game last week but with these guys you hold on to the ball to long they will make you pay. love the arm strength and running ability ofcourse. this will be a really tough first NFL start. monday night at the stick with maybe the best defense in football and a fanbase that travels better than any other. im excited to see how this shakes out. GO NINERS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    As long as Alex Smith is healthy, he's the starting QB on this team this season. I know many people has bitter memories of Smith in his first 6 season, but its time to move on. The Niners were 2 Kyle William fumbles away from being in the Super Bowl with Smith as the QB. They're 6-2-1 this season. Is there really that much of a controversy on who should be the starter? This debate will be ongoing even if Kaepernick has a dud game tonight. Say he goes for 120 yards, a TD and 3 INTs in a Niners loss, there will still be people out there that will want him to start over Alex. They're called Alex Smith-haters and they've been around for a long time.
    Dude, don't start this again...there was a hell of a lot more to losing that game than those 2 fumbles. Most notably the D blowing several INTs and Smith being too gun shy to take advantage of WRs with separation early. That last one is exactly why I want to see a QB play that's not afraid to take a chance when there's a window.

vCash
    Kap not getting any first team reps this week is definitely a disadvantage to him. It would have been better for Alex to have been declared out earlier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    Kap not getting any first team reps this week is definitely a disadvantage to him. It would have been better for Alex to have been declared out earlier.
    I hope they're just blowing smoke. If they didn't split the reps a little more than normal with the possibility that Smith wouldn't play it would be extremely stupid. You gotta figure that the team would be better served if Keapernick was more prepared because Smith "should" be able to function with fewer practice reps since he's had the majority for the last season and a half. I'm not saying give Keap more reps than Smith...just more than he would usually get to make sure he's really ready. Not just the bulletin board "I always prepare as the starter" BS...I mean for real ready.

vCash
    Man.. all indications towards Smith starting. Guess not...

This game just got a lot tougher with Kap starting, however I think he can still lead us to a victory.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Yeah I have, but I'd rather lose trying to win than lose playing wuss-ball. Plus, I'd rather give Moss, Davis, Manningham, Crabtree or even Walker a shot to make a play rather than just kick the ball to Hester. Lee can kill it though so that's a definite plus.
    I guess where we differ is I am about avoiding unnecessary risks (comes from being a Marine, and being in IT security probably), where you believe in those risks as the pay off is high. I don't call it "wuss-ball" I call it playing smart. Take risks where needed, avoid when not is how I think. Most likely we just see unnecessary risks differently.

And right now, with Alex in I want him taking some chances with Moss, Crabs and Davis as I think all 3 of those are proven to go get the ball (Crabs is becoming the go to guy). Honestly, I would rather see Alex taking those risks than Kap, I want him to be much more conservative right now than I would want Alex.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    The Bears were the perfect defense for Alex to face. They are pretty simple schematically and play a lot of zone coverage. Smith can read zone coverages and find the open spot. They also play their safeties really deep and give teams check downs and short/intermediate routes. Smith will take that all day and is very accurate on those throws. That's what he's most comfortable doing anyways.

Kap is more susceptible to forcing balls deep and that is exactly what the Bears want. You have to be methodical against that defense and take what they give you. Who does that sound like?

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    I guess where we differ is I am about avoiding unnecessary risks (comes from being a Marine, and being in IT security probably), where you believe in those risks as the pay off is high. I don't call it "wuss-ball" I call it playing smart. Take risks where needed, avoid when not is how I think. Most likely we just see unnecessary risks differently.

And right now, with Alex in I want him taking some chances with Moss, Crabs and Davis as I think all 3 of those are proven to go get the ball (Crabs is becoming the go to guy). Honestly, I would rather see Alex taking those risks than Kap, I want him to be much more conservative right now than I would want Alex.
    Yeah, I see what you're saying. I don't hate playing smart at all. If it's not there...it's not there. I'm not saying to force a pass over the middle with a safety waiting for it...I'm just saying that just because a play requires a great throw for the play to be made doesn't mean don't throw it. If a guy can't make great throws several times a game...he shouldn't be the QB and sure as hell not the QB for a team that's a contender.

vCash
    Hopefully we escape with a win. I'd be more comfortable if Kaep got more reps in.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Dude, don't start this again...there was a hell of a lot more to losing that game than those 2 fumbles. Most notably the D blowing several INTs and Smith being too gun shy to take advantage of WRs with separation early. That last one is exactly why I want to see a QB play that's not afraid to take a chance when there's a window.
    Smith being too gun shy to hit the WR's? What WR's? We had Crabtree, Williams, and Swain playing. Not to mention the Giants secondary, littered with 1st and 2nd round picks, were locking our WR's up. They had their best CB on Crabtree and were doubling Vernon all game. The two touchdowns to Vernon were defensive breakdowns that should have never happened. Don't say Smith was too gun shy because nobody was open at any point, early or late. The ones where someone actually was open, Smith turned them into touchdowns (Davis). The Giants, just like in this years week 6 game, out strategized and outcoached us in the NFCC. They put the clamps on us. Not to mention their beastly fron 7 was manhandling our line for most of the game. I do agree though that there was way more to that loss than Williams fumbles and anyone who puts all the blame on Williams is an idiot. Goldson destroyed Brown on a guaranteed interception, as well as getting in Rogers way who also had an interception.

vCash
    I think kaep will play well. Low scoring, defensive battle. We win 13-6

vCash

Week 11 Monday Night Football: Chicago Bears (7-2) @ San Francisco 49ers (6-2-1)

On the way to the stick now ! Time for the Kap show !

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    The Kaepernick era has begun!!!

Let's prove them wrong CK! All your haters in the PSD Niners forum, all your doubters, give them a 60 minute sample size to show them flashes of your greatness to be!!!!

Go Niners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast