Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: The Rookies

vCash

The Rookies

Question for you guys. Where do you think we go with the likes of Brett Jackson, Josh Vitters, Jorge Soler and Aroldis Vizcaino. Where do these guys play this year, and are they ready for the bigs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    Question for you guys. Where do you think we go with the likes of Brett Jackson, Josh Vitters, Jorge Soler and Aroldis Vizcaino. Where do these guys play this year, and are they ready for the bigs?
    AAA, AAA, AA, AAA with a few MLB starts before being shut down for his innings limit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    AAA, AAA, AA, AAA with a few MLB starts before being shut down for his innings limit.
    you dont think any of them will start the year in the majors? not even Jackson?

vCash
    Barring a miracle in S.T.? Nope. Jackson has too many holes in his swing to fix, Vitters in his approach, Vizcaino straight off of injury and Soler is far, far too young and hasn't even seen AA baseball. I think three of the four of them will eventually see MLB time in 2013 (Soler will not), but they will not be up in April.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    Jackson: Starts at AAA (already stated by FO) will come up to the bigs when he is deemed ready, unless traded
    Vitters: Same at Jackson
    Soler: A with a move to AA relatively early
    Vizcaino: AAA, will come up to bigs and shut down after he hits inning limit.

vCash
    Jackson, Vitters, and Vizcaino will start at AAA and will be called up when they are deemed ready (though I think Vitters gets dealt).

Soler will probably have a short stint in high A before moving to AA, he won't see AAA or the majors unless he goes on an INSANE tear.

Population: Bears

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    This.

I have to say that I never really considered the idea that Soler might be ready by 2014, but that would be nice. If he's that kind of talent then yaaaaay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    This.

I have to say that I never really considered the idea that Soler might be ready by 2014, but that would be nice. If he's that kind of talent then yaaaaay.
    With the way his contract is structured, I think mid-point 2014 could be a real possibility if he can hit the ground running at AA this season. He seems like a prospect who will be allowed to be rushed if they want him to.

I wouldn't expect a 2014, but I think 2014 is certainly in the question.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    Fits my "it's possible to win sooner than anyone wants to believe possible" ideas...

I actually would not be shocked if Soler and Vizcaino are the only two in the organization next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    With the way his contract is structured, I think mid-point 2014 could be a real possibility if he can hit the ground running at AA this season. He seems like a prospect who will be allowed to be rushed if they want him to.

I wouldn't expect a 2014, but I think 2014 is certainly in the question.
    There will definitely be alot of fans following Soler next year in the minors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Era View Post
    There will definitely be alot of fans following Soler next year in the minors.
    I hope he's in AA. I'm only an hour and a half from the Smokies' ballpark.

vCash
    They've kind of implied Soler will start next year in Kane County, due to the proximity from Chicago, so they can work with him more. I do feel he has a good chance of finishing the year in Tennessee. Vizcaino's innings will be limited, I'll be surprised if he gets 50 innings in the majors next year. Will be interesting to see how they go about the limitation, assuming he's pitching in April. I think Jackson gets another half season in Iowa, unless injuries dictate otherwise. I do think they're still very hopeful with him longterm. This is where the makeup is going to have to take over though. We'll know what we need to by the end of 2013, in my mind. Vitters? I honestly think he's dealt this offseason. It just doesn't seem like they're as high on him, by any stretch.

vCash
    way too early for soler and as you guys said jackson and vitters will be starting in AAA. I dont see either of them coming up unless they are literally tearing the ball off the cover. As for Vizcaino, its hard to tell what they will do with him coming off his injury, whether they have him start right away or ease him into it. We will just have to see.
    Cubs and Bears