Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Whata day...anyway... Baker did not want an option (which is why he walked from Minnesota negotiations), strictly attempting to reestablish value and test market again next off season... There is an understanding between the organization and Baker that an extension will be addressed during the season if both satisfied at that point...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Ombudsman

vCash
    hearing anything on liriano ty?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    hearing anything on liriano ty?
    Sitting on a offer, although I've heard Baker has already contacted him in an unsolicited recruiting effort...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    thanks ty! always appreciate the info. Looking for things to pick up now i hope

vCash
    Sitting on a offer, although I've heard Baker has already contacted him in an unsolicited recruiting effort
    Any idea of outfielders or third basemen they are looking at? I thought I read something about Jeff Keppinger or Polanco as stopgaps. I think getting say Keppinger and Eric Chavez in use them in some type of platoon might be a decent stopgap. I haven't heard anything about outfielders they could be looking at though.
    Last edited by cubswin25; 11-13-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    "Too big, too strong, too fast, too good"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Sitting on a offer, although I've heard Baker has already contacted him in an unsolicited recruiting effort...
    To piggyback on cubswin25, any idea if there are other offers out there beyond Liriano?

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    interesting..thata boy Baker lol no that i'm a huge fan of Liriano but I think hes another low risk/medium reward type. Still want McCarthy though!

vCash
    it's kind of funny that Baker is calling Liriano sort of lobbying for the Cubs just a day after signing a pillow contract. When the Cubs and Baker are simply using eachother in a mutual win/win relationship. I mean players calling free agents you'd expect that from maybe a guy like Shark, or someone who grew up on the Cubs farm. But I'm not complaining.

vCash
    more they win, more hype cubs gets, more his value goes up? There is a benefit to free agents like him that are trying to raise value to put talent around them to get attention. Although, you'd expect him to reach out to hitters. Or maybe, he simply wants a friend.
    Last edited by gaughan333; 11-14-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    more they win, more hype cubs gets, more his value goes up? There is a benefit to free agents like him that are trying to raise value to put talent around them to get attention. Although, you'd expect him to reach out to hitters. Or maybe, he simply wants a friend.
    A Melky or Ludwick and McCarthy or Liriano and Alex Gordon or Chisenhall or Wright or BAEZ to all of a sudden become ML ready.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    I think this team will be a surprising amount better next season. Not contender good, not .500, but 75 wins, health allowing.

That said, I'm not sure how much better off 2014 will be than 2013.

This is all a gut call, btw. Nothing really to back it up other than I think the offense will be somewhat improved and the pitching really can't be any worse.

vCash
    75 wins isn't that hard. Last year's team might have won 75 with a little luck and not selling off at the deadline.

vCash
    Yay! We're back to the Jim Hendry days where we sign tommy john surgery guys trying to catch lightening in a bottle!

vCash
    But seriously what's going on here? We're taking chances on bonafide #3 starters on most quality teams that are coming off injuries.. when can I see results? Please tell me we are just having auditions for a badass rotation in 2013.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast