Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    I wonder how rapidly our negotiations played out. Two weeks ago it was reported that, despite declining his option, the Twins wanted to re-sign Baker, and that they were discussing a possible new contract.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwdriver View Post
    [Insert Gato offseason mock here]
    its overdue but wrong thread

vCash
    Would you go over / under 20 starts in a Cubs uniform ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    When you're going after the Baker/Marcum/McCarthy/Liriano's of the world, you need about 8 starting pitchers just to make sure you have five healthy ones at any given time.
    Buckshot approach
    I wouldn't be surprised if they sign more starters than spots available this off season

vCash
    I'll go under. He makes 17 great starts. 17-0, 0.42 ERA, and we trade him for David Price 1 for 1. Boom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972 Cubs View Post
    Would you go over / under 20 starts in a Cubs uniform ?
    That's what they call a trick question if he pitches well he won't make 20 starts with the CUBS, If he gets hurt he won't pich 20 games for the cubs, if he sucks he without an injury he still may not pitch 20 games with the cubs because of who he is.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    you answered your own question
    I was gonna say that. That's like me saying "do I have a big penis? Yes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsFanBudMan74 View Post
    dunno..we still have viscaino that can eat some innings to if they thiunk hes ready...gonna be interesting spring training for sure
    Oh yeah, good point. I actually thing Vizciano would be a guy the might keep in the minors and then after the trade deadline would get some time in the rotation.

vCash
    I'm just disappointed this is only a 1 year deal. I'd like to have seen a 2 year deal with a team option for a 3rd that vests with a certain number of IPs. I think its very good value, but a 1 year deal limits the rewards. I realize it also limits the risk as well, but Baker is a guy I really like moving forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog312 View Post
    I'm just disappointed this is only a 1 year deal. I'd like to have seen a 2 year deal with a team option for a 3rd that vests with a certain number of IPs. I think its very good value, but a 1 year deal limits the rewards. I realize it also limits the risk as well, but Baker is a guy I really like moving forward.
    yeah, or even a 1 year deal with a 2nd year option.
    LETS GO CUB-BIES!
    DA BULLS!
    BEAR DOWN, CHICAGO BEARS!
    I-L-L! I-N-I!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JayBandit View Post
    yeah, or even a 1 year deal with a 2nd year option.
    It's probably tough to get a 1 year deal with team option for a 2nd year though. If he has a great year he loses money in the 2nd year, and if he has a bad year he didn't get any security for the future. That's why I suggested 2 years with a 3rd year option. That guaranteed 2nd year gives a little more security over a 1 year deal.

vCash
    Lol kinda sucks this is.good news for us...but look what the blue jays just did lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbiefan_est88 View Post
    Lol kinda sucks this is.good news for us...but look what the blue jays just did lol
    Blue Jays just ****ed themselves unless they got a ton of cash from Miami.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Blue Jays just ****ed themselves unless they got a ton of cash from Miami.
    The Blue Jays are going to win a lot of baseball games. That's kind of the point, though many want to forget that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    The Blue Jays are going to win a lot of baseball games. That's kind of the point, though many want to forget that.
    No, no. The point is that you can only win if you strip down your entire roster, build slowly by acquiring a bunch of prospects that may or may not work out, then supplement them IF they work out by signing average FA plug-and-play pieces.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast