Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast
    vCash
    The Cleveland Browns today named Louie Cioffi as their defensive backs coach, Joe Cullen as defensive line coach and Shane Steichen as an offensive quality control coach.

“Joe has been an outstanding coach throughout his career,” said Browns Head Coach Rob Chudzinski. “I was very impressed with the way he has been able to develop young players both at the collegiate level and at each of his two stints in the NFL, and his ability as a teacher will benefit our players as well.”

“Louie is very well respected in the NFL. He possesses extensive experience working alongside some of the top defensive coaches in this league. He has worked closely with Ray [Horton], which will be a big advantage for our team. I am excited to have Joe, Louie and Shane as part of our staff, and believe that their knowledge of the game and coaching ability will be great assets to our players.”

Cioffi (pronounced CHO-fee) brings 18 years of NFL coaching experience to the Browns staff, including the past two (2011-12) as the Arizona Cardinals’ defensive backs coach. Cioffi allegeldy played a pivotal role in the development of 2011 first round draft pick, cornerback Patrick Peterson.

Cullen has 23 years of coaching experience, including the last three as the defensive line coach with the Jacksonville Jaguars. While with the Jaguars, Cullen reportedly helped develop defensive tackle Tyson Alualu who was the 10th overall pick in 2010. Since being drafted, Alualu has started all 48 career games and led the club in sacks in 2012. Cullen is also a huge fan of Wendy’s fast food chains.

Steichen joins the Browns after spending the previous two seasons (2011-12) as a defensive assistant with the San Diego Chargers.
    http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/20...oaching-staff/

CAN MY DREAMS BECOME MY REALITY?

vCash
    Former Cowboys defensive line coach Brian Baker has been hired by the Cleveland Browns as outside linebackers coach
    -Clarence Hill

#Browns have hired former Colorado coach and former #Redskins and #Chiefs assistant Jon Embree to coach tight ends.
    -Mary Kay
    Last edited by Melo15; 01-24-2013 at 11:44 AM.

vCash
    Bruce Feldman ‏ @ BFeldmanCBS
    Harvard Law grad-turned-football coach Daron Roberts is back in the NFL. Landed a job with Browns working w Ray Horton.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...nia/index.html

Very good SI article about Roberts and his wacky way of how he has come to the NFL.

vCash
    Wow, that's crazy. Weird career path to say the least.

vCash
    Haslem confirmed to Daryl Ruiter tonight at the Cleveland sports awards that the Browns will switch to a 3-4 D. Sorry I'm on my phone and can't copy and paste the quite from twitter. Also said Horton will be introduced next week, probably Tuesday.

vCash
    Here's an interview with Ray Horton on an Arizona radio station: http://www.xtra910.com/player/?mid=2...m_name=podcast

It's very interesting. Touches on the defense approach, how he had Norv Turner tagged as his OC if he was named coach of the Cardinals, etc. Definitely a worth while listen.

vCash
    Jon Embree hired as tight ends coach by Browns

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on January 25, 2013, 2:19 AM EST

AP
    After a failed two-year run as head coach at the University of Colorado, Jon Embree is headed back to the NFL.

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, Embree has been hired by head coach Rob Chudzinski to coach the Browns tight end position.

“Jon is an outstanding football coach, and he has proven himself at the collegiate and NFL levels,” Chudzinski said. “He has coached some outstanding players in this league, and has also been instrumental in developing players in college who have gone on to productive pro careers. We believe he can have a great impact on our tight ends, and I look forward to working with him.”

Embree was fired by Colorado in November after going just 1-11 last season. Embree won just four games in two seasons as head coach at his alma mater.

Prior to his time in Boulder, Embree’s previous two coaching jobs both came as a tight ends coach in the NFL. Embree coached three years with the Kansas City Chiefs on Herm Edwards staff from 2006 through 2008. After a season off, Embree joined Mike Shanahan’s staff in Washington in 2010 before being hired by Colorado.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ach-by-browns/

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Say what you want about the chud hire, short term there will be growing pains but long term i think it was a good hire, but this is one hell of a staff Haslam and Banner have put together. They have the top OC and DC coordinators. Everyone on the staff is fairly young and creative. I really like the direction this team is taking. Also, even though Horton is saying they will be a base 3-4 defense, I don't think the Browns are dumb enough to just throw people in the wrong spots. They may say 3-4 but for the next few years, this will be a hybrid type of defense, gradually progressing until they have all the pieces. Horton is too good of a coach to just rush into things. I just hope he is able to stay in cleveland long enough to complete the job and not get a HC job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Here's an interview with Ray Horton on an Arizona radio station: http://www.xtra910.com/player/?mid=2...m_name=podcast

It's very interesting. Touches on the defense approach, how he had Norv Turner tagged as his OC if he was named coach of the Cardinals, etc. Definitely a worth while listen.
    wow what a complete dick! Seems like a complete tool... No wonder nobody wanted him as head coach.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Hearing that Chud is bringing in John Settle for RB's coach who was with Chud in Carolina. This is what I am hearing from a buddy of mine in Berea but there is nothing out there on Twitter or any site yet about it.

vCash
    Mary Kay reported it so it looks like it's legit.

vCash
    Mary Kay reported it so it looks like it's legit.
    Nothing she says is legit usually unless she steals the news from someone else haha. Maybe she saw Otto's post and stole his news.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    A source tells CSN Philly that the Eagles will hire Browns LB coach Billy Davis as their defensive coordinator.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

Shurmur and now Davis. WTF was Kelly watching last year that made him like these guys so much lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Nothing she says is legit usually unless she steals the news from someone else haha. Maybe she saw Otto's post and stole his news.
    I don't trust her on major things but something as minor as this didn't seem like something worth making up. The source she was using was pretty reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

Shurmur and now Davis. WTF was Kelly watching last year that made him like these guys so much lol.
    Yeah, I'm happy with our coaching staff after seeing how Kelly filled his out. Weren't there reports that he already had a coaching staff in place if he indeed moved to the NFL? Definitely didn't expect to see him settle with these guys.

vCash
    I don't trust her on major things but something as minor as this didn't seem like something worth making up. The source she was using was pretty reliable.

Yeah, I'm happy with our coaching staff after seeing how Kelly filled his out. Weren't there reports that he already had a coaching staff in place if he indeed moved to the NFL? Definitely didn't expect to see him settle with these guys.
    Yeah Im pretty reliable at times.

Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast