Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast
    vCash
    For those wondering and worrying about the browns switching to a 3-4 base defense, Horton made these comments the other day:
    He said his defense will be: "Aggressive. I don't know if anybody pressured more than I did last year and that's the kind of stuff we'll do here."

He's also excited about coaching the likes of Joe Haden, T.J. Ward, Phil Taylor, D'Qwell Jackson, Jabaal Sheard and the rest. "I'm excited about the talent we have and they're going to love this system," he said.

He ran a 3-4 in Arizona and with the Steelers, but "I'm a coach of men, whether it's 3-4, 4-3, 5-5, I don't care. I'm going to coach men."

vCash
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pat Shurmur to join Chip Kelly's staff as their.....wait for it......wait for it..........OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR!!!!!!!!!

Chip Kelly's "innovative" offense meets Pat Shurmur's "I don't have a freaking clue what I'm doing" offense. Should be a GREAT match!!!

vCash
    Eagles gave Chip a 5 year 32.5 million dollar contract. That's $6.5m a year, making him one of the top 10 highest paid nfl coaches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pat Shurmur to join Chip Kelly's staff as their.....wait for it......wait for it..........OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR!!!!!!!!!

Chip Kelly's "innovative" offense meets Pat Shurmur's "I don't have a freaking clue what I'm doing" offense. Should be a GREAT match!!!
    LOL. So if Chip would have come to Cleveland he would have brought Shurmur back to Cleveland. They Shurmur family would have had to turn their UHaul back around. LOL! I am glad we didnt get Chip
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    Eagles gave Chip a 5 year 32.5 million dollar contract. That's $6.5m a year, making him one of the top 10 highest paid nfl coaches
    hasn't done 5hit in the NFL....let's make him a top 10 paid coach in the league??? I now hope that he falls even flatter on his face in the NFL.

Him getting roughly $6.5 million a year vs. Chud getting roughly $3 million allows us to hire Norv Turner and Ray Horton as his coordinators vs. Kelly hiring......PAT FREAKING SHURMUR as his OC!!! I don't care if Shurmur's responsibilities are only making sure that he knows where his QB sets his helmet between series...that is asking too much.

I am VERY optimistic about this team heading forward. If I were an Eagles fan...seeing Shurmur's name, I am scared to death!

vCash
    Chip Kelly at 6.5 mill a year. Yeah Im am definately happy that the Browns did not get him now. Also its hilarious listening to Lurie and how butthurt he seems to be regarding Banner. Very unprofessional owner right now IMO but considering the guy just gave a first time anything NFL HC that kind of money and is trying to bring back Shurmur I have a feeling the Browns came out on top of this saga.

Kelly
    Shurmur
    College DC (At least from what its sounding like)

Chud
    Turner
    Horton

Yeah I would take the Browns coaching staff at this time. Hell I think Scott Turner the new WR coach is a better coach at this time and future time than Shurmur at any point. Possibly could be the future OC in Cleveland once Norv gives way if everything works out. I liked Cromwell and what he did with the WR's last year but I think Turner is a very bright up and comer in the coaching ranks.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalow80 View Post
    For those wondering and worrying about the browns switching to a 3-4 base defense, Horton made these comments the other day:
    A coach of men. Thats a nice change of pace for a coach hired by the Browns. I liked Jauron and what he was able to do here with the limited amount of talent in a lot of spots but I feel that moving forward if the Browns wanted to become a winning team in the AFC North then they would have to get more aggressive on D than Jaurons bend dont break style. I think this change can really help out the secondary as that is what Horton was and that is where he excels IMO on the coaching side. I can't wait to see what Ward can do in this style of defense if he stays healthy for once. Plus I think Horton will give Haden a wake up call as he will be heavily counted on with Hortons defense where he will be left on a island by himself a lot with all the blitzes Horton will probably run. I hope they run a hybrid D like Baltimores where Taylor is in the Ngata role where they run a 3 man front base with Taylor as the DT, Rubin as the NT and Rucker/Winn as the DE. Taylor and Hughes could ultimately mix up their alignments where they are sometimes inside and sometimes on the End. Rubin and Kitchen can man the inside on multiple downs too and then Rucker/Winn could be the space eater DE on the other side. The only real concern I have about a hybrid D' is going to be the LB's. Hopefully DJax will take to the D' unlike last time he was asked to be in a 3-4 where has stated he didn't like that and hopefully JMJ can grow as the other inside LB'er with DJax. The OLB'ers is where the concern greatly comes from though. They will need to add two IMO to go with Sheard and hopefully Sheard can transition to the position as the biggest question will be his pass coverage abilities.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Hearing #Browns RB coach Gary Brown not likely to be back next season. Still a number of spots to fill on coaching staff.
    -Keith Britton

vCash
    No big deal there.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Report that #Jaguars DL coach Joe Cullen headed to #Browns
    -Tom Withers

Let's keep him and Gordon away from drive-thrus as Otto mentioned previously.

vCash
    #Browns OC Norv Turner and HC Rob Chudzinski will address the media at 11a.m. Wednesday.
    -Nate Ulrich

vCash

vCash
    #Browns hired Joe Cullen defensive line coach, Louie Cioffi defensive backs coach, and Shane Steichen as offensive quality control coach.
    -Tom Withers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    -Tom Withers

Let's keep him and Gordon away from drive-thrus as Otto mentioned previously.
    Someone get that man some pants with an extra tight belt!!!

vCash
    Way to try and ruin all the fun and excitement