Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Very good points brownies236

I still remember the sick feeling I had in my stomach on draft day last year when the Browns selected Weeden at #22. Since that day I've tried to be optimistic about him like most Browns fans. But I'm sure the football world all felt the same way. Heckert was ready to stick to his guns but Holmgren stepped in and saw that Weeden was the pick at #22.

As for Gordon, I didn't want the Browns to go any higher than a 4th in the supplemental draft. I personally saw it as a make-or-break move by Heckert because they missed out on a playmaking receiver in the draft. Turns out, it worked out for the Browns fortunately in year 1 but a lot of us were very concerned when news came out the Browns used their 2013 2nd round pick to acquire Gordon.

However, Lombardi was a little extreme saying it was a wasted pick. My guess is he had a beef with Holmgren and the old regime which is why he's been so critical of them in recent years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Have heard Grantham from Georgia is their #1 choice right now. But then again that has been reported by the idiotic media so who knows.
    That's who I have heard as their lead candidate but I heard that before Horton was leaving Zona.

vCash
    A source confirmed to the Cleveland Plain Dealer on Friday that ex-Cardinals DC Ray Horton is the "frontrunner" to coordinate the Browns' 2013 defense.
    "Miffed" when the Cardinals bypassed him for Bruce Arians, Horton will land in Cleveland to give the Browns an awfully impressive coaching triumvirate with Rob Chudzinski in the lead and Norv Turner and Horton as coordinators. Horton also has ties to new Browns owner Jimmy Haslam. When Haslam was part owner of the Steelers, Horton was Dick LeBeau's defensive backs coach.
    First tie I have seen to the Browns. Hopefully we get him. Chud/Turner/Horton would be an upgrade over Shurmer/Childress/Jauron.

I would say each coach is an upgrade. Only one that is close is Jauron and Horton but if the team wants to move to a 3-4 then Horton is the better coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    First tie I have seen to the Browns. Hopefully we get him. Chud/Turner/Horton would be an upgrade over Shurmer/Childress/Jauron.

I would say each coach is an upgrade. Only one that is close is Jauron and Horton but if the team wants to move to a 3-4 then Horton is the better coach.
    I was actually just going to say that the Browns probably have Horton over the Eagles because of Haslams time with Pitt as well as Hortons. Also the fact that the Browns actually interviewed him for their vacant HC'ing position where Philly interviewed about 13 other guys and not him. That probably doesn't sit too well with him if he is already pissed about the Zona situation.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    #Browns coach Rob Chudzinski said Norv Turner has been a mentor to him and "they will work through" who calls the plays
    #Browns coach Rob Chudzinski said he will not comment on the DC job
    -Will Burge

Chudzinski not talking about any prospective assistants. #Browns still looking for a defensive coordinator.
    -Tom Withers

Chud says no update/details on D-coordinator search because of "sensitivity" and lots of teams trying to hire coaches
    -Zac Jackson

vCash
    #Browns HC Chud said he would be comfortable w/ Norv Turner calling plays but has yet to finalize that decision. Will talk to Norv on Mon.
    -Nate Ulrich

vCash
    #Browns CEO Joe Banner said Lombardi will be the head person in personnel. "We wont be bringing in anyone above Mike". Said no GM coming
    -Will Burge

vCash
    Sometimes I really hate being a Browns fan just because of all the rest of the woe is me, chicken little the sky is falling fans that follow this team. Everybody apperantly knowing how to run a resemblance of a football organization better than what is in place at that current moment because they get to look back in hindsight of what they would of done thinking that their one good idea compared to their thousand other bad ideas would have saved this franchise. I completely understand the frustration of the fanbase and I am weary about the Lombardi hire as well but reading some other sites after the PC and everyone trying to disect every little move ie the note passing of Banner/Lombardi, Haslams quote saying that an NFL person told him if Lombardi was available that he would scoop him up as quick as possible but yet nobody else interviewing the guy, etc., etc. is just ridiculous these days. I really feel that 50% of the fanbase grew up Browns fans and have just completely become so negative that no matter what this team does in the future they will find a way to moan and b$tch about it. I guess thats human nature though.

I am currently in the wait and see mode of this entire organization which every fan IMO should be and not ready to jump off the verifiable cliff as only FO and coaches names have been announced but not one players roster spot has been determined yet even though Chicken Little will have you believe that Weeden is gone as well as the #6 overall pick for Ryan Mallet. No draft has been had, no Free Agency period has been had, nothing. I am very positive about this offensive staff and if Horton is brought in than very excited about the defensive staff. I am very positive about the cap space this team has that will have to be spent on new players as the Browns really don't have anything major outside of Dawson to re-sign and possibly Mack extension. And I am finally very excited about the youth of the main contributers outside of Weeden on this team. I think most people need to relax, take a step back and let at least the offseason play out.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I think most people need to relax, take a step back and let at least the offseason play out.
    Agree with everything you said. Especially your last point. I'll have more of an opinion when the off-season is complete.

vCash
    Browns officially hired former Cardinals DC Ray Horton as their DC.
    -Adam Schefter

Oh **** yes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    -Adam Schefter

Oh **** yes!
    Now its time to get a Pass Rushing OLB.

vCash
    Yup.

vCash
    Horton contract w/ Browns 4 yrs $8 mil-says he's ecstatic bout going 2 CLE
    -Kyndra de St. Aubin (Arizona anaylst)

Haslam showing he'll pay top dollar to bring in the right guys. Love it!

vCash
    -Adam Schefter

Oh **** yes!
    I'm so freaking excited. Jimmy was able to get a young up and coming HC (who is possibly one of the smartest ofensive coaches if not the smartest in the NFL), and was able to get some the top OC and DC available. Really excited to see how the rest of the staff will come together. And I wish Jauron the best of luck

vCash
    -Kyndra de St. Aubin (Arizona anaylst)

Haslam showing he'll pay top dollar to bring in the right guys. Love it!
    Im really rooting for the Browns this year. They seem to have a decent fit for what horton is trying to do. Being a Packer fan I can tell you that you need to be able to stop the run with big bodied guys which it appears the Browns have in Rubin and Taylor and I think that this will really help guys like Hughes and Winn for the Backers.

So looking at it now you figure you got:
    Rubin/Taylor/Hughes or Winn (I really like him and think hell excel at 3-4 DE eating up space and setting an edge if he can be mobile enough)

The MLB position looks to be sitting well with Robertson and D'Qwell Jackson. As far as OLB goes, you need 2 new guys unless they feel confident in Carder.

So now its time to look at the draft (most likely) which guys might be a good 3-4 fit.

Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast