Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't mind this one bit!!

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    I wouldnt mind It either. FYI.....Gus Bradley is the new Jags new headcoach.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    I still think John Pagano becomes the DC in Cleveland when all is said and done. I have a feeling that McCoy who still hasn't himself or FO come out and said they want to retain him but instead media drivel will end up wanting to bring in his own guys as he just has no ties to Pagano or his family name.

Raheem Morris doesn't really excite me. Has never been an actual DC in the NFL, last time he was one was with Kansas St in 2006 where he ran a 4-3 which apperantly is something that won't mesh with Chud. Also as the secondary coach in Washington this year his unit continually gave up big plays and got burned often. Now if that was due to his lack of coaching or lack of talent was really hard to see. I do like his youth though and think the D is better suited for his Cover 2 4-3 type D that would be better for players like Sheard, Taylor, DQ, Haden and Ward IMO. I just don't know what Chud would make him run as he does have experience in 3-4 from his Washington time. I do like his intensity that he brings too and the fact that Chud will have surrounded himself with two ex HC's even though we saw where that got Shurmur.

PatMcManamon ‏ @ PatMcManamon
    Pure Dungy Cover-2 guy. RT @ DonDelcoOBR: Regarding Rahem Morris... I like him as potential # Browns DC. Young, fiery guy.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    ************ Jones ‏ @ CONCEDE
    I can confirm that Michael Lombardi was at 76 Lou Groza Blvd yesterday. Can't say if it was formal interview or if deal done. # Browns

************ Jones ‏ @ CONCEDE
    Idk what the meeting entailed, but Lombardi was waiting with Banner's secretary yday # Browns
    john telich ‏ @ JohnTelich8
    Hahaha Good one!!! RT“ @ lastflack101: @ JohnTelich8 If Browns are going to hire Lombardi, tomorrow is opportune.”
    I have a feeling a long time ago that the Browns FO decided they would bring in Lombardi in some sort. I don't think he is going to be the GM but instead in some sort of advisor type fashion to the GM and Banner which he was in Philly in the 90's. I wouldn't actually have a problem with that scenario as he would probably just be an input guy and not a final decision maker.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Hopefully we'll find out soon who the new assistant coaches will be for Chud. With almost all of the head coaching positions filled I would think they will move fast to put their staffs together in time for the off-season, pre-draft activities. With Mel Tucker losing out in Jacksonville I would assume Chud will reach out to him. As of right now it sounds like it's down to Pagano, Tucker and Morris.

vCash
    Keith Britton ‏ @ KeithBritton86
    Wasn't buying it 2 days ago b/c of other candidates, but due to latest I've heard, I am now w/ belief Ray Farmer is leader for # Browns GM

Once again, I know reports were there early this wk. More info I've gathered, I'd be surprised if Ray Farmer is not # Browns GM by end of wk

Not in agreement RT @ 923TheFan AUDIO: PD’s Mary Kay Cabot Says Michael Lombardi Could Be Right On Browns’ Doorstep http://cbsloc.al/XDNRyp
    More infor regarding GM/Director.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    #Browns have named Norv Turner offensive coordinator, team announced. It was expected.
    -MKC

And it's official

#Browns retain coaches Chris Tabor (Special Teams Coordinator) and George Warhop (Offensive Line).
    -Nate Ulrich

Turner 1 of 6 adds to staff: Brad Roll (Strength & Conditioning), Mike Sullivan (OL) & Scott Turner (WR) cont...
    Chris Tabor (Special Teams Coordinator) and George Warhop (Offensive Line) will be retained from last year’s staff #Browns
    -Daryl Ruiter

Also was expected.
    Last edited by Melo15; 01-17-2013 at 12:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    -MKC

And it's official

-Nate Ulrich

-Daryl Ruiter

Also was expected.
    Starting to come around Pepper. Now they wait for Pagano and if that doesn't happen they move on to Tucker or Raheem Morris. Dan Quinn might be a name that pops up too in the Browns DC search from what I am hearing. Currently is the DC at Florida since 2011 but before that was DL coach for Seahawks, Niners, Jets and Dolphins.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    I don't really know anything about Quinn. What type of defense does Florida run?

vCash
    He runs a hybrid but his base is 4-3 that come with 3-4 principles. Something that Chud has been reported as saying he doesn't care if its a base 4-3 or 3-4 but wants a hybrid attacking defense. This is exactly what Quinn runs at Florida and it is scary good when you have the athletes to run it like Florida did this year especially in Elam where he could play him as a joker type SS in the secondary with a lot of movement and his OLBs. He uses his front 7 especially his DT/NT's and OLB/DE's which he cross trains for either position in a lot of different packages where they mix a lot of what they do.

He also calls the plays for Florida with Muschamps insight throughout the week so even though Muschamp is a defensive side coach he allows Quinn free reign to the most on gameday. I think he would be a sneaky hire and have heard his and Granthams name as possibilities in Philly too. I still think its Pagano at the end of the day but he wouldn't be a bad option. Also takes away from Florida which as an FSU fan I am always for.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Sounds good to me. I'm fine with any of the candidates mentioned thus far.

vCash
    I don't mind the idea of the hybrid defense. The beauty of this is that they can play to the strengths of the players they have on the roster.

vCash
    Seahawks hired ex-Florida defensive coordinator Dan Quinn to replace Gus Bradley in the same position.
    That was quick. Quinn coached Seattle's defensive line in Pete Carroll's first year on the job before heading to Florida for the past two seasons, picking up valuable experience in defending spread and pistol offenses. The Seahawks already run Carroll's scheme, so there won't be any major changes under Quinn, who was also mentioned as a candidate to become the defensive coordinator of the Browns, Eagles or Jaguars. Seattle should remain one of fantasy's top defenses in 2013.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

Well that was quick. He actually coached with Carroll previously so this makes sense. Happy to see him leave Gainseville, chop chop.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Hearing from twitter mildly and some sources Horton may be coming to Cleveland. This whole process is so fluid. Killing me

vCash
    Just going to reiterate what I first reported earlier tonight. still sounds like Todd Bowles ends up in AZ and Ray Horton ends up in CLE
    -Jason La Canfora

If this happens I'll be so ****ing pumped ray:

Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast