Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    OMG WOW! chip kelly going back and forth. Congrats eagles lmao! you got a flip flopper
    Even though I did not want him, I believe this is going to look very bad on Haslem and the Browns.

vCash
    The best thing about this is that Vick will likely stay in Philly and not come to Cleveland now, thankfully.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex Ace View Post
    Even though I did not want him, I believe this is going to look very bad on Haslem and the Browns.
    With the Browns irrational fanbase of course it is. I am actually ok with this. I think he flip flopped again because he got some news on some sanctions and even though I didn't think he was running from them before now I really do think he is. The question is did he ever tell Oregon he was returning or was he really still looking around? If he told Oregon he was returning and now is taking the Eagles job then sanctions come out in the next month this will look really bad on him which will make me happy they didn't get him.

Possible reasons for the 20th flip flop:

Saw what Kaep did Saturday and goes hey my O' can work in this league.
    Found out about sanctions.
    The Eagles came back after their 20th HC interview and gave him an offer Phil Knight wouldn't match.
    Wanted to follow Monte Kiffin to the NFL to continue to tear up his defense (now divisional foes)
    Is Bipolar?

Who the F' knows with this guy anymore and for me who cares. Have fun losing Vick the first game when you think he can run the spread option and not get injured with his 34 year old already fragile body. Glad he isn't in the AFC though and will watch as a football fan to see how this goes for the Eagles.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Its really bad though, I've already started looking for other sites to go to. I don't need the headaches.
    Give it time and you'll get used too it man.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    As you remember, I said earlier that this had a Pete Carroll-esque feel to it. I'm glad we didn't get him and Haslem and the Browns shouldn't be crucified for this, I am just afraid it's going to happen. I agree with pretty much all you said too.

vCash
    As you remember, I said earlier that this had a Pete Carroll-esque feel to it. I'm glad we didn't get him and Haslem and the Browns shouldn't be crucified for this, I am just afraid it's going to happen. I agree with pretty much all you said too.
    Yeah b4 he was open about leaving, this reeks of running out the back door though. Melo said in the General forum that he heard Kelly was doing in home visits to recruits as late as two days ago so something had to drastically change in the past 2 days. Could be Lurie interviewed everyone he could and just went back to Kelly with a huge offer. I would not be surprised to see either sanctions coming out or Lurie made Kelly a top 5 paid coach in the NFL without any experience which would take 7.5 mill a year to do which if that is what it takes to get Kelly to the NFL then hell no on the Browns part.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Yeah b4 he was open about leaving, this reeks of running out the back door though. Melo said in the General forum that he heard Kelly was doing in home visits to recruits as late as two days ago so something had to drastically change in the past 2 days. Could be Lurie interviewed everyone he could and just went back to Kelly with a huge offer. I would not be surprised to see either sanctions coming out or Lurie made Kelly a top 5 paid coach in the NFL without any experience which would take 7.5 mill a year to do which if that is what it takes to get Kelly to the NFL then hell no on the Browns part.
    Not to mention full control most likely.

vCash
    Not to mention full control most likely.
    Yeah it will be interesting to see if Roseman is still there as I had read reports that said he was a main cognate in a lot of coaches not having too much interest in the job because he was getting a big head and wanting to do more than his job title. Should be interesting but by the looks of it Lurie and the Eagles got their guy somehow.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    My only concern with this whole process and hiring Chud is that we didn't wait to interview McCoy, Roman and any other candidates still in the playoffs. It doesn't appear Chud was on anyone else's radar and it comes off that we settled for him. Chud may end up being great and I sure hope he is, but it seems that at the stage we were at, we could have been a little more patient and done more diligence.

vCash
    My only concern with this whole process and hiring Chud is that we didn't wait to interview McCoy, Roman and any other candidates still in the playoffs. It doesn't appear Chud was on anyone else's radar and it comes off that we settled for him. Chud may end up being great and I sure hope he is, but it seems that at the stage we were at, we could have been a little more patient and done more diligence.
    I think Roman is a going to Jax. McCoy wanted the SD job with Rivers. I think J&J knew this and didn't want to waste time and miss out on candidates.

Lovie Smith is still out there. Any one hear who he favors for DC? Any chance CLE? I don't think he is going to JAX, and I would think Zona would have made a move for him by now if they wanted him. Do you think we wait to see what happens with Horton? I can't see him wanting to stick around if he gets passed up for the Zona job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    I think Roman is a going to Jax. McCoy wanted the SD job with Rivers. I think J&J knew this and didn't want to waste time and miss out on candidates.

Lovie Smith is still out there. Any one hear who he favors for DC? Any chance CLE? I don't think he is going to JAX, and I would think Zona would have made a move for him by now if they wanted him. Do you think we wait to see what happens with Horton? I can't see him wanting to stick around if he gets passed up for the Zona job.
    Neither have really any ties to Chud or Banner besides Horton interviewing for the HC'ing position so I don't see either of them coming here. Also from everything I have read about McCoy, SD and his presser yesterday, he has never stated he wants to keep Pagano but instead that they will meet with the coaches which was yesterday and today and go from there. The only thing regarding Pagano is reporters saying that they think/speculate McCoy could possibly keep Pagano but nothing concrete so I still wouldn't rule him out at this point. More than likely though its Pagano or Tucker. Nobody else really makes any sense IMO at least familiarity, system, etc wise.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    To answer my own question

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Lovie Smith unlikely to seek coordinator role, eyes 2014 return
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Cards want to keep Ray Horton and his defensive staff on board in AZ, and it sounds like that might be effecting how candidates see the job.
    I am still pulling for Tucker. I have my hesitations with Pagano as the Browns would be taking all of the fired SD coaches.

vCash
    Raheem Morris to interview for Browns opening DC position on Friday per PFW.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Raheem Morris to interview for Browns opening DC position on Friday per PFW.
    That's an interesting and very intriguing choice. I like the idea of having two former HCs on both sides of the ball, so that Chud can serve as an overwatch and getting the best out of guys while Morris and Turner focus on running the O and D.

vCash
    Raheem Morris? Hmmmmm... I don't know. Tough to argue that this would be a significant upgrade over Dick Jauron. The only reason I would welcome this hiring is because if my memory serves me correctly he ran a 4-3 system in Tampa.

Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast