Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I actually like Cam Newton so I'd really be upset if he got Shurmurd. The good news about the Chargers naming Mike McCoy head coach is that hopefully this Pagano situation is resolved quickly.
    UTKevinAcee ‏@UTKevinAcee
    Mike McCoy wants to keep defensive coordinator John Pagano ... Pagano under contract for one more year.
    Hearing Tucker now has the inside track.

vCash
    Big things from the 2:00 presser.
    New Stadium Name: "FirstEnergy Stadium Home of the Cleveland Browns" Yes that entire thing is the official name.
    Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN
    Those asking re: organization under 1 roof, Eric Mangini removed 'non football' personnel from Berea in 2009 & moved them down to stadium
    CEO Joe Banner says focus on getting right personnel guy/GM; sooner the better but not rushing b/c Senior Bowl other events upcoming
    Haslam says no cheerleaders "they don't fit Cleveland"
    Haslam says team has begun process of changing unis in 2014 w/ NFL but helmets will not change
    Haslam said Banner will continue to meet with architects but winning most important to improve experience for fans

vCash
    I don't know precisely what this means, but I like it.

Rob Chudzinski, named Friday as the seventh head coach in 14 new Cleveland Browns years, was an offensive coordinator for four years in the NFL -- two with Cleveland (2007-'08), two with Carolina (2011-'12). And I would bet his greatest win as a coordinator came in October 2008, when the struggling Browns welcomed the unbeaten Giants to Cleveland Browns Stadium for a Monday night game -- and Chudzinski's offense piled up 454 yards and routed the Giants 35-14.

I bring this up because I tried to reach Chudzinski after the game by phone to speak about it, failed, then went to bed around 1, figuring I'd catch him sometime during the week. Well, at 1:45 a.m., my cell phone rang. It was Chudzinski. He was in his office, at the Browns training facility in suburban Berea, starting to work on that week's foe, Washington, and we arranged to talk later in the week. I thought this said something either about Chudzinski the worker bee or coaches in general: The Browns have their biggest win in the Crennel Era, beating the unbeaten Super Bowl champs at home on a Monday night before a national audience, and the offensive coordinator's mode of celebration was to go watch tape of the next foe. When we spoke, he did say he watched three Washington defensive game tapes between about 12:15 and 4 that night before getting some sleep. Some coaches who have a Monday night game will spend a good part of Monday during the day getting a head video start on the next team, but Chudzinski won't do that because he feels it clouds his thinking if he looks ahead to the next foe before finishing with one opponent.

"It's just the job,'' he said then. "It's what the job is in the most competitive league in the world. I just like to watch two or three games and get a feel of the team we're going to play. See how we match up, see how they call the game. Just getting a feel for them. For me, I think, and I've always thought, this is just what I have to do. I just feel I need every waking hour to do this job right. You better not spend too much time licking your wounds or patting yourself on the back.''

That's your new football coach, Cleveland.
    Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2I4xGrCbq

I might be starting to drink the Chud Kool-Aid.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    Hearing Tucker now has the inside track.
    Its looking that way unless of course he becomes the HC of the Jaguars. Don't see that happening though with Roman more likely. Apperantly Jag players loved playing for him though and thought he should have been promoted in 2011 instead of going outside the org. for Mularkey. Maybe the players were right on that one.

vCash
    I'm sorry but this new format on PSD is killing my eyes and causing headaches. As far as the discussion goes, right now I don't care who we bring in as DC as it's just going to be a toss up for me. A 3-4 hybrid is going to most likely be the defense ran and some pieces need to be brought in for it to work. I think the new GM will have to know their college players and a trade down in the draft is probably the best idea.

vCash
    No worrys SH you'll get used to the new format in due time!!

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSportsHound View Post
    I'm sorry but this new format on PSD is killing my eyes and causing headaches. As far as the discussion goes, right now I don't care who we bring in as DC as it's just going to be a toss up for me. A 3-4 hybrid is going to most likely be the defense ran and some pieces need to be brought in for it to work. I think the new GM will have to know their college players and a trade down in the draft is probably the best idea.
    Looking at all the possible FA's this offseasn this might actually be the best time to switch to the 3-4 if they are going to do it IMO. There are a lot of possible rush linebackers that probably will not be returning to their team and also safeties. The D-Line looks to be ok with the multitude of players Heckert brought in and FS and CB were going to be needed anyways this offseason so the only real question I always had was the LB's. If they are active in FA then I don't mind the transition, especially with the D' still being so young that it isn't a veteran group that has been set in the 4-3 base their entire career. Plus making it a hybrid with a lot of different looks will help.

Rush Linebackers UFA's:

Connor Barwin
    Anthony Spencer
    Paul Kruger
    Shaun Phillips
    Victor Butler
    Antwan Barnes
    Rob Jackson
    Bryan Thomas
    Quentin Groves
    Aaron Maybin
    Erik Walden
    Shawne Merriman
    Travis LaBoy
    Chris Wilson

vCash
    Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ
    # Browns CEO Joe Banner said some coaches have been hired and hopes to announce them in a day or two.
    Making sense from a media standpoint. Keeps us fans hooked. Name HC, wait, name Stadium name, wait name other coaches, wait, name GM. That Banner is crafty. Probably waiting on a couple guys too.

vCash
    Hopefully he is waiting for a DC hiring

vCash
    Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ
    # Browns CEO Joe Banner said 1st wave of interviews for personnel chief is nearly complete. Said position will likely be GM. Has favorite.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @ MaryKayCabot
    # browns CEO Joe banner said he does have a frontrunner for gm, wouldn't say who. Said first wave will include about 6 interviews.

# browns CEO Joe Banner said "we may interview one" of the current members of # browns personnel staff for gm job.

Scott Petrak ct ‏ @ ScottPetrak
    # Browns CEO Joe Banner said lead personnel man will have GM title. Expects first round of interviews to include six people. No timetable.

Scott Petrak ct ‏ @ ScottPetrak
    # Browns Banner said No. 1 quality of GM will be talent evaluation.

# browns CEO Joe banner declined to say if mike Lombardi in mix for # browns gm job. Also declined to confirm pft report that farmer is fave.
    My guess on the 6 who have interviewed for the GM opening:

Scott Cohen, Jets Assistant GM - more of a cap/finance guy, which would seem to eliminate him
    Ray Farmer, KC Director Pro Personnel - was a 4th round pick of Eagles in '96.
    Tom Gamble, SF Director Player Personnel - reportedly has not interviewd well
    John Idzik, Seattle VP of FA - not a talent evaluation guy, which would seem to eliminate him
    Michael Lombardi, NFL Network - worked with Banner in Phily in '97 & '98
    George Paton, Minny Assistant GM - removed his name from consideration

GM- Ray Farmer
    Senior Personnel Executive/Advisor to CEO- Michael Lombardi

I think Sandusky & Spytek have a chance of staying on in their current roles as Director of Player Personnel & Director of College Scouting, hopefully in Spytek's case as I think he is an up and comer.

vCash
    New strenght and conditioning coach Brad Roll apperantly. Nothing huge but he was in the same position for the Raiders last year since 2008 and has been in the league in same position since 1993.

vCash
    Wasn't buying it 2 days ago b/c of other candidates, but due to latest I've heard, I am now w/ belief Ray Farmer is leader for #Browns GM
    Once again, I know reports were there early this wk. More info I've gathered, I'd be surprised if Ray Farmer is not #Browns GM by end of wk
    -Keith Britton

vCash
    According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Eagles have hired Chip Kelly as their head coach.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

WTF, smh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    No worrys SH you'll get used to the new format in due time!!
    Its really bad though, I've already started looking for other sites to go to. I don't need the headaches.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    OMG WOW! chip kelly going back and forth. Congrats eagles lmao! you got a flip flopper
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast