Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Plain Dealer and ESPN are reporting that Norv Turner will officially be named OC once he returns from his family vacation in Hawaii.

Here

vCash
    Also, John Pagano is expected to be the DC, once San Diego names its new HC and Pagano is let go. He strictly runs the 3-4.

Here

vCash
    I don't understand why we are taking all of SD fired coaches.

vCash
    Could not agree more brownies!! It did not work out too well in SD, did it? Hope they get a better DC than Pagano, although I really like Norv as OC.

vCash
    Pagano is going to be a tough get it sounds like. San Diego isn't letting him go until they figure out exactly who their next head coach is going to be. Some think Bruce Arians is the favorite and if hired he'd keep Pagano. Pagano did a very good job as DC this year, I'd be thrilled with the hire.

There aren’t too many similarities that jump to mind between San Diego and Cleveland, but it’s looking like the Browns staff will be familiar to those who follow the Chargers.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Browns have their eyes on Chargers defensive coordinator John Pagano to take over that job in Cleveland. With Rob Chudzinski installed as the new head coach, the Browns are expected to part ways with defensive coordinator Dick Jauron.

Pagano has been on the San Diego staff since 2005, which means he and Chudzinski were on the staff together when Chudzinski coached the team’s tight ends in 2005-2006 and 2009-2010. They both worked under Norv Turner, who was fired by the Chargers at the end of the regular season and is set to become the offensive coordinator in Cleveland.

Schefter reports that the Chiefs were also interested in Pagano, but the Chargers wouldn’t let him out of his contract at that point. Their choice of a head coach will likely determine whether that changes in the coming days or if Pagano will have to miss out on the San Diego reunion being put together in Ohio.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-coordinator/
    Last edited by Melo15; 01-13-2013 at 05:23 PM.

vCash
    Browns have hired Jags general counsel Sashi Brown, adding to front office. Browns handles contracts and negotiations ...
    The Brown hiring seems to makes it clear the next GM likely to be move of a talent evaluator, and less with the cap/contracts
    -Jason La Canfora

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    Tucker has been thrown around. According to Peter Schrager of Fox Sports he has not heard his name but who he is hearing runs a 3-4. Would not give name as it is fluid and doesn't want to speculate. Should be interesting. He along with others have stated they do not think the change will be as bad as some are making it out to be. The first couple years we will probably see a hybrid rather than a pure 3-4 during the transitional stage.
    He said Pagano wasn't the guy either. He is still under contract, so we would have to buy him out. Doubt that's the deal breaker but Schrager said it was someone that coached in a 3-4 last year and is available. He also said that it is still early and anything could happen. I have heard Pagano a lot as well. Also hearing Turner will most likely bring his son with him.
    Peter Schrager can eat it. In today's media its sad that fans know just the same information that most reporters/analysts do if not before them at least at the same time as them. Oh if I had a journalism/communications degree instead of graphic design I could be doing what 3/4ths of these hacks could do.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    -Jason La Canfora
    The names that have been linked to the Browns that are talent evaluators. The only two I would take would be Farmer or Gamble. If they bring in one of those two then I will not have a problem but if its Lombardi by himself I will be worried. Seems like Banner is making himself more and more by the day the defacto GM. At least to me that is.

Tom Gamble- San Francisco
    George Paton- Minnesota
    Ray Farmer- KC
    Michael Lombardi- NFL Network

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    A few days ago, we reported that Cleveland Browns offensive line coach George Warhop appeared to be headed to Kansas City to join Andy Reid's staff as their offensive line coach. According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, it appears as though Rob Chudzinski was able to convince Warhop to stay:

Chris Mortensen
    @mortreport Tony Sparano set to visit Andy Reid on Monday re: Chiefs O-line job after George Warhop decided to remain with Browns. #NFL32
    13 Jan 13
    Mortensen expanded on the Warhop situation, saying that the Chiefs were in "serious negotiations" with him before he decided to stay put:
    The Chiefs and new head coach Andy Reid had been in serious negotiations with George Warhop for the offensive-line job. But Warhop decided to remain with the Cleveland Browns. Warhop has worked previously with Norv Turner, who will be named the Browns' offensive coordinator under new head coach Rob Chudzinski.

The Browns keeping Warhop was first mentioned by 92.3 The Fan's Keith Britton Saturday night on Twitter. This would be the second assistant coaching news we've heard today regarding the Browns; earlier today, it was reported that the Browns are denying teams permission to interview special teams coordinator Chris Tabor.
    http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2013/1/...ith-chudzinski

I really like the Warhop retain. I think with another mauling FA Guard that the offensive line will once again be a strength in pass protection and hopefully build on the run.

Tabor is interesting to me though. I never really thought he has done anything special, but a lot of mistakes they made last year on ST's ie kickoff returns were due to players holding or refs calling phantom holding calls (Looking at you Indy game).

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    The names that have been linked to the Browns that are talent evaluators. The only two I would take would be Farmer or Gamble. If they bring in one of those two then I will not have a problem but if its Lombardi by himself I will be worried. Seems like Banner is making himself more and more by the day the defacto GM. At least to me that is.

Tom Gamble- San Francisco
    George Paton- Minnesota
    Ray Farmer- KC
    Michael Lombardi- NFL Network
    George Paton is no longer a candidate. There are conflicting stories between Minny didn't give us permission to talk to him, and he shot us down. Either way he isn't coming here.

vCash
    George Paton is no longer a candidate. There are conflicting stories between Minny didn't give us permission to talk to him, and he shot us down. Either way he isn't coming here.
    Thanks, was just posting what names have been said with Cleveland so far. Cohen from the Jets was another name I have recently heard too but I hear that the Jets will probably retain him.

I know John Spytek is young at 33 I believe but I am surprised that his name isn't coming up a lot more. Would love to retain him as a the Director of Player Personnel as I think he is a really good mind in the FO. Just hope to retain him in some sort if it is even keeping him as the College Scouting Director. Hear he had a lot of say in the Gordon decision.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Mike Garafolo ‏ @ MikeGarafolo
    Browns requested permission to interview Jags DL coach Joe Cullen. Permission granted.

Mike Garafolo ‏ @ MikeGarafolo
    I'm assuming Cullen interview was for the same position - DL coach.
    Might be leaning toward something with Mel Tucker if they cant obtain Pagano from San Diego.

Also LGB you should change the title of the thread to Coaching/FO Updates or something like that so its not confusing as this thread seems to be most of the coaching/fo talk and not just Chud alone being named the HC. Thanks.

Awesome read about Cullen too going through a Drive Thru Naked. If he is hired lets just keep him away from Josh Gordon as I don't want to see them two going through a Drive thru together as apperantly its hard for both but then again at 2-5am after a long night who doesn't have issues going through a Drive Thru.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=70612
    Last edited by ottograham14; 01-14-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Heard on the Really Big Show today that Weisenhunt was the leading candidate for the head coaching job but Banner wanted final say on his assistant coaches and Ken told him to get lost. If thats accurate, this guy has a monster case of Napoleon complex. Honest question, PLEASE someone help me understand this.....

How does a VERY successful business man pay 1 BILLION dollars for a franchise and then give complete control of that franchise over to a guy with little football experience? Banner is obviously a hell of a guy for the business end but what on God's green earth are we doing giving him control over player decisions and who will coach them? Case in point, they are saying Chud was basically told that we will be running a 3-4 (you know, because we have the player personel for that!). Maybe its just the Cleveland fan in me, but this is scaring the hell out of me.

FACTORY OF SADNESS
    1999-????

vCash
    Norv Turner and the Browns are talking job, and that’s good news all around, for the Chargers included.

If the Browns make Turner their offensive coordinator, the Chargers stand to save a sum equal to his next salary.

We’re not sure Turner can fix Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden, who just finished an uninspiring rookie season.

Norv and Cleveland, though, could be a good fit for a variety of reasons:

One, Turner is a friend of new Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski, his assistant head coach in 2009-10, and the two designed Chargers offenses that had a lot of success.

Two, Turner would free up Chudzinski.

One criticism of Turner was that he overly bogged himself down in the Chargers' offense. The offensive coordinator for two Super Bowl champions in Dallas, Turner didn't employ a Chargers offensive coordinator who had his offensive chops. Norv ran the show, even called the plays. As Cleveland's playcaller, he'd enable Chudzinski to better oversee the Browns in his first gig as a head coach.

Ron Rivera, for one, said head coaching is more time-consuming than he would've guessed when he left Turner's staff to become Carolina's top coach. Along those lines, the Chargers have hinted they don't want Turner's successor to be a de facto coordinator.

Three, Brown left tackle Joe Thomas would soothe Turner.

Left tackle is a key cog to all offenses, especially Air Norv, which emphasizes downfield passes. Thomas, 27, is going to his sixth Pro Bowl in six seasons, while Turner is jittery after seeing Philip Rivers take the most sacks in the AFC. Several times in recent weeks, Turner blamed the offense's woes on the line’s struggles. In Alex Mack, the Browns have a good center, and their right tackle, Mitchell Schwartz, is coming off a promising rookie season.

Four, Turner enjoys teaching quarterbacks.

He helped turn around Alex Smith in 2006 and may see promise in Weeden, a first-round draft pick last April.

Weeden is nowhere near as able as Rivers at reading defenses and throwing touch passes, but on a wet blustery day in Cleveland last October, he made throws on the run and into the wind that were beyond Rivers’ ability.

In the same game, Brown running back Trent Richardson, a rookie, had far more success against San Diego’s top-10 run defense than did most opponents.

The Chargers owe Turner $3 million in salary for 2013. If the Browns hire him, the sum would be less his Browns salary.

Cleveland won’t be hiring Turner by virtue of his offense’s performance at Browns Stadium in Week Eight. The Chargers didn’t score a touchdown in their 7-6 defeat.
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...owns-Chargers/

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxrider9 View Post
    Heard on the Really Big Show today that Weisenhunt was the leading candidate for the head coaching job but Banner wanted final say on his assistant coaches and Ken told him to get lost. If thats accurate, this guy has a monster case of Napoleon complex. Honest question, PLEASE someone help me understand this.....

How does a VERY successful business man pay 1 BILLION dollars for a franchise and then give complete control of that franchise over to a guy with little football experience? Banner is obviously a hell of a guy for the business end but what on God's green earth are we doing giving him control over player decisions and who will coach them? Case in point, they are saying Chud was basically told that we will be running a 3-4 (you know, because we have the player personel for that!). Maybe its just the Cleveland fan in me, but this is scaring the hell out of me.
    Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @ MaryKayCabot
    Report that Cleveland Browns' talks broke off with Ken Whisenhunt over control is false, source tells Plain Dealer http://dlvr.it/2nkCgJ
    Step back from the ledge. Chuck Booms hits again with his interior motives of hate. Cleveland media is one of the worst in the business IMO.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 01-14-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast