Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So I was thinking/dreaming... what would you guys think of this? I think with Haslam this is actually a possible. I think the only thing that would stop this would be the egos

CEO-Banner
    Senior Executive- Lombardi
    GM- Heckert
    HC- Saban
    OC- McDaniels
    DC- Jauron

"I don't care if they've had 20 starting QBs since 1999. I'm gonna be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." -Johnny Manziel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    So I was thinking/dreaming... what would you guys think of this? I think with Haslam this is actually a possible. I think the only thing that would stop this would be the egos

CEO-Banner
    Senior Executive- Lombardi
    GM- Heckert
    HC- Saban
    OC- McDaniels
    DC- Jauron
    Too many heads in that lineup. Heckert has already said he doesn't want to return apparently if he is having to answer to Banner regarding personel decisions let alone this would leave him answering to Lombardi. McDaniels would never go sideways especially sideways from the Patriots offense to the Browns offense. If anything it would look more like this if you want Jauron to stay:

CEO - Banner
    GM - Lombardi
    HC - McDaniels
    DC Jauron

No way Saban would keep Jauron as their defensives are just completely different and Saban would want to be involved in that side. Plus a lot of reports I have read today have Saban laughing off the Boston Globe report yesterday and a lot say that his wife does not want to go back to the NFL and also loves Tuscaloosa. You know the wife always gets what she wants. Saban will not be here unless Haslam makes him one of the top 3 highest paid coaches in the NFL which should not happen. I go back and forth on McDaniels. I think he really was over his head in Denver and was given way too much control. If he focuses on coaching and not the personel side of the team I think he could be a very decent to good coach. You can see it as a coordinator and if they go this route you just hope that they surround him with the right people.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    I hate McDaniels. I've met him a few different times around the Canton area and the guy is a total prick.

Now, football wise, he seems pretty bright. If we surround him with the right people it could work out but I just don't want to see us take a chance like that. If it doesn't work out we'd likely set ourselves back another few years. I think I'd rather stick with Shurmur over McDaniels.

vCash
    On ESPN Jalen Rose thinks Saban is bored at Bama and if he wins another NC that he may give the NFL one more shot and says the Browns are the best fit with all of our young talent.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    On ESPN Jalen Rose thinks Saban is bored at Bama and if he wins another NC that he may give the NFL one more shot and says the Browns are the best fit with all of our young talent.
    Did you just put Jalen Rose in a football thread? smh

Hey LGB, quick question, did we do a prediction thread before the season do you remember? I cant find one and would like to go back and look at those as that would be pretty interesting. Thanks.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Haha yeah I did. I know he is a baskebal guy but he does do a solid job talking other sports too on ESPN. Melo found one and bumped it up.. It isn't anything great though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Too many heads in that lineup. Heckert has already said he doesn't want to return apparently if he is having to answer to Banner regarding personel decisions let alone this would leave him answering to Lombardi. McDaniels would never go sideways especially sideways from the Patriots offense to the Browns offense. If anything it would look more like this if you want Jauron to stay:

CEO - Banner
    GM - Lombardi
    HC - McDaniels
    DC Jauron

No way Saban would keep Jauron as their defensives are just completely different and Saban would want to be involved in that side. Plus a lot of reports I have read today have Saban laughing off the Boston Globe report yesterday and a lot say that his wife does not want to go back to the NFL and also loves Tuscaloosa. You know the wife always gets what she wants. Saban will not be here unless Haslam makes him one of the top 3 highest paid coaches in the NFL which should not happen. I go back and forth on McDaniels. I think he really was over his head in Denver and was given way too much control. If he focuses on coaching and not the personel side of the team I think he could be a very decent to good coach. You can see it as a coordinator and if they go this route you just hope that they surround him with the right people.
    I like Jauron, but not enough to give Mcdainels a chance at HC. While I like Saban a lot, I do not want to make the switch back to a 3-4. So here is a list of HC that will keep the 4-3 and have the tools to be good coaches.

Chip Kelly (Oregon HC)
    David Shaw (Stanford HC)
    Jay Gruden (Cinci OC)
    Mike McCoy (Denver OC)
    Jon Gruden
    Brad Seeley (San Fran ST)
    Perry Fewell (Giants DC)
    Doug Marone (Syracuse HC)
    Eric Mangini (He ran a 4-3 his first year at the NYJ)
    Pat Shurmur

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    I like Jauron, but not enough to give Mcdainels a chance at HC. While I like Saban a lot, I do not want to make the switch back to a 3-4. So here is a list of HC that will keep the 4-3 and have the tools to be good coaches.

Chip Kelly (Oregon HC)
    David Shaw (Stanford HC)
    Jay Gruden (Cinci OC)
    Mike McCoy (Denver OC)
    Jon Gruden
    Brad Seeley (San Fran ST)
    Perry Fewell (Giants DC)
    Doug Marone (Syracuse HC)
    Eric Mangini (He ran a 4-3 his first year at the NYJ)
    Pat Shurmur
    Chip Kelly (Oregon HC)
    David Shaw (Stanford HC)
    Jay Gruden (Cinci OC)
    Mike McCoy (Denver OC)
    Jon Gruden

Thats the only ones I would want. I think Jimmy wants a name to come in here to get this team some recognition next year. They are starting to grow as a team and starting to have players that they can sell like TRich and Haden on both sides and now I think he wants to bring in that name coach too. He seems like a guy that wants to make the Browns not only a winning team but a team in the spotlight in what they do. He seems like a guy that wants the primetime games so I can really only see him making a run at these five if not the three of Kelly, Shaw or Chucky. Thats just the feel I am getting lately.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Anybody else hear Gruden say the Cleveland Patriots last night? Pretty funny during the game. Don't know what that was all about but he might have Cleveland on the mind. Let the speculation begin.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Wow did he really? If Jon wants back in nows his time to take over a young team with some good playmakers and a good core with depth that wouldn't take much to turn around.

vCash
    I have heard some people throw Kyle Shanahan around. I don't know too much about him. Any one have an opinion. Pretty much all I know he is Mike's son.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    I have heard some people throw Kyle Shanahan around. I don't know too much about him. Any one have an opinion. Pretty much all I know he is Mike's son.
    Has done a great job of transforming Washington's Offense into one that allows RG3 to showcase his talents and strengths something Shurmur hasn't done a lot of with Weeden nor McCoy last year. He is only 32 though I believe so I think he is still a couple years away. Just too young I think to take on all that responsibility right now but I have heard his name pop up from the RG3 work. But then again if any OC had RG3 you would imagine they would play to his strenghts, even Shurmur said today in his presser that they would have added the pistol and a couple designed run plays for him. Now if he could find out Weeden's strenghts and play to those he might finally get it.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    My high hopes are pinned to David Shaw. I have watched several Stanford games this year and that is an extremely well-coached team on both sides of the ball. Having ran a pro-style offense under Harbaugh and Shaw, the transition to the pros should be smoother than with most.

As for the rest of the list, I am not crazy about Chip Kelly because of the style of offense and his reliance on speed, which do not necessarily transition to the pros or the roster of the Browns.

The Bengals offenses under Gruden have been average in the league rankings. If we go the route of a coordinator, it better be one of the top ones in terms of rankings and reputation.

As for John, I think he has fallen too in love with the both and analyzing play with no pressures. ESPN pays him handsomely to simply talk football non-stop and again without pressures of coaching. I think if he were to come out of retirement the only two places he would go are the Browns or Eagles because of the cities and style of the teams.

McCoy would certainly be one of my top coordinator choices because of the success Denver has had on offense even with average to below-average quarterbacks Orton and Tebow.

I am hoping for Shaw first and then McCoy of the list of five.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex Ace View Post
    My high hopes are pinned to David Shaw. I have watched several Stanford games this year and that is an extremely well-coached team on both sides of the ball. Having ran a pro-style offense under Harbaugh and Shaw, the transition to the pros should be smoother than with most.

As for the rest of the list, I am not crazy about Chip Kelly because of the style of offense and his reliance on speed, which do not necessarily transition to the pros or the roster of the Browns.

The Bengals offenses under Gruden have been average in the league rankings. If we go the route of a coordinator, it better be one of the top ones in terms of rankings and reputation.

As for John, I think he has fallen too in love with the both and analyzing play with no pressures. ESPN pays him handsomely to simply talk football non-stop and again without pressures of coaching. I think if he were to come out of retirement the only two places he would go are the Browns or Eagles because of the cities and style of the teams.

McCoy would certainly be one of my top coordinator choices because of the success Denver has had on offense even with average to below-average quarterbacks Orton and Tebow.

I am hoping for Shaw first and then McCoy of the list of five.
    From the more and more I have been reading about Shaw lately cause he is my first choice too he apperantly will not leave Stanford he has said unless he brings a NC there. Stanford is apperantly his dream job and Stanford has said they will do everything they can to retain him. He seems too much like a college coach too even after his previous stints in the NFL. Now anything can happen but I am starting to think that Shaw is wishful thinking. I think Gruden if offered enough power and say with personel which he might get from Banner would leave the booth. It seems like he wants one last go of it in coaching and now would be the time to do it even if he made enemies at ESPN. Id rather have an up and coming coordinator than Gruden like Mike McCoy or Jay Gruden but I still can't stop but feeling that Haslam wants to make a splash with his HC hiring in the offseason.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    I agree and disagree. I think Haslem would like to make a splash like Gruden, and at the same time I can't help but think he also wants to do this the "Steeler way" and bring in his own guy (a la Tomlin and Cowher), which would mean McCoy or someone like that.

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast