Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    remember guys if your posting news, rumors always have a link. I'm not taking your word for anything lol
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy:24935867
    remember guys if your posting news, rumors always have a link. I'm not taking your word for anything lol
    I am on my phone heading back to Ohio. Once I get there I can post the link

"I don't care if they've had 20 starting QBs since 1999. I'm gonna be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." -Johnny Manziel

vCash
    Browns been in contact with Kelly's agent since late November, very quiet but not picked up steam. If he gets control its DONE!
    **BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Browns and Chip Kelly have agreement in principle 95% Done(Still some contract language to work out) real close
    @incarceratedbob

vCash
    Sadly that's not a reputable source. He's wrong a lot of the time and just throws stuff out there and hopes it sticks. See how he says it's 95% done? That allows him to say he had it first while also maintaining ability to have an out if Kelly goes elsewhere. I think we have a decent chance at Kelly but Incarcerated Bob's tweeting it's done really doesn't mean anything.

vCash
    According to CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora, the Browns, Eagles, Chargers, and Cardinals are all interested in Penn State's Bill O'Brien for their head coaching vacancies.
    SI's Peter King hears O'Brien is "strongly considering" interviewing with an NFL team. ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Monday that O'Brien is on the short list in Cleveland and Philadelphia. O'Brien reportedly has a $9 million buyout, but it's not clear whether that applies to an NFL job. It's also believed that O'Brien feels misled by Penn State about the school's NCAA sanctions, which could be a bone of contention in a buyout. The Nick Saban talk isn't going away in Cleveland, either, as the Akron Beacon Journal recently published a column claiming it's "obvious" that the Alabama coach is "the man (owner Jimmy) Haslam is targeting."
    CBS' Mike Freeman reports Nick Saban has been telling NFL teams he's staying at Alabama in "no uncertain terms."
    The former Dolphins head coach has been the subject of heavy speculation in recent weeks, particularly in Cleveland. Perhaps Saban is just doing his best to prevent the Alabama faithful from going into convulsions ahead of Monday's national championship game, but there's far more evidence to suggest he's more serious about staying in college than leaving. Looking back on his two years in Miami will tell you that's probably a good thing.
    CBS' Jason La Canfora reports Browns brass interviewed Cardinals DC Ray Horton in Arizona on Tuesday, but that their primary motivation for the trip was to "make a pitch" for Oregon's Chip Kelly.
    Kelly, of course, is in town for Thursday's Fiesta Bowl. La Canfora reported earlier Tuesday that there was a "growing sense" Kelly may stay at Oregon. However, he still expects the Browns and Eagles to "take their best shot" at the Ducks' uptempo whiz kid. Per La Canfora, whoever doesn't land Kelly between Cleveland and Philadelphia — which could easily be both — will "push" for Penn State's Bill O'Brien. Buffalo is also believed to be interested in Kelly.
    roto

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Knock out the Rooney Rule interview while hopefully scooping up your next head coach all in one trip. Let's hope it works out.

vCash
    Nick Saban talk not going away in Cleveland

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 1, 2013, 1:01 PM EST

As Alabama coach Nick Saban prepares to coach in the college football national championship game on Monday night, he can expect to hear some questions about whether it will be his last game at Alabama.

That’s because new Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is believed to be enamored with Saban and interested in hiring him to be the next head coach of the Browns. In fact, the Akron Beacon Journal published a column today saying it’s “obvious” that “Saban is the man Haslam is targeting.”

Frankly, that statement seems like a stretch: There’s no inside information that Haslam actually wants to hire Saban, and there’s no word on whether Saban would be interested. And while it may be obvious to the Akron Beacon Journal that Saban is Haslam’s man, it isn’t obvious to other reporters who cover the Browns, some of whom have reported that Oregon’s Chip Kelly is the man Haslam is targeting.

But while the statement may seem like a stretch, that doesn’t mean there’s no chance of it happening. Haslam has long been known as a big booster of Tennessee football and a fan of the SEC, so he has surely been impressed with what he’s seen of Saban. And Saban has always looked for new challenges as a coach, going from the head coach at Toledo to the defensive coordinator of the Browns to the head coach at Michigan State to the head coach at LSU to the head coach of the Dolphins to the head coach at Alabama, and never staying anywhere longer than five years. Never, that is, until Alabama, where he’s concluding his sixth season.

If Saban is getting the itch to take another shot at the NFL, Haslam may very well be willing to give him that shot. The question is whether Saban wants to leave a place where he can compete for the national championship every year to coach an NFL franchise that hasn’t been to the playoffs in a decade.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-cleveland/

vCash
    @NFLDraftMonster: Confirmed: Browns have not yet even put an offer on the table for Chip Kelly. Though they plan to pursue him. IncarceratedBob lying again.

@NFLDraftMonster: Browns plan to talk to him after Oregon Bowl game. They've had preliminaries with Kelly's agent, that's it. No numbers or anything from either side, yet.
    @AlbertBreer: Said it on @BullandFox ... Word is Jimmy Haslam is ready to spend big, if that's what's needed to get the coach he wants to Cleveland.
    Last edited by letsgobrownies7; 01-02-2013 at 02:08 AM.

vCash
    Sorry for posting without a link earlier. I cant find anything that says Chip Kelley has been im talks since November. That was only speculation. I do believe my buddy but time will tell.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I just read a nice article detailing Chip Kelly's offense and how it can translate to the NFL. Here's the link for those interested: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...familiar-seems
    That's a great read. Really gives some insight into why teams are clamouring to get this guy. The only problem I have with him coming to Cleveland is that the personnel on the Browns roster doesn't look to me like they would be a good fit. Quarterbacks and runningbacks, positions they invested very heavily in recently.

vCash
    If Kelly is brought in, I see a lot of turnover on the offensive side of the ball. I also see Jauron sticking around. Next week I think some of these rumors will start to become relevant. As of now it is all speculation. The browns did it smart knocking out the Rooney rule and interview Kelly in one trip. They are going to pitch Saban too. I've been hearing 7-10 days before a decision is made. That would be mid to end of next week. Grossi has been tweeting this time table for a while now.

vCash
    Also how is no one talking about Tebow to come to Cleveland to run the spread with Kelly? I would take him over Dixon. Vick with age and Smith with a bruised ego could be dangerous. ESPN did a mock picture with him wearing the jersey already. It just makes sense.

Sorry I had to.

vCash
    http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2013/0...1co174.twitter

This link is updated hourly about Coaching and GM rumors regarding Cleveland.

vCash
    - One name to cross off the list – Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.

After a disastrous head coaching debut with the Denver broncos, McDaniels told Boston reporters that he’s not interested in another head coaching job this offseason.
    CBS Cleveland

vCash
    Cross Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter off the list after he signed a 2-year contract extension to remain with the Falcons. The team announced the move Wednesday morning.
    CBS Cleveland

Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast