Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Cleveland Browns: Pat Shurmur has made some big mistakes late in games (another crushing loss Sunday when they were up). There is a new ownership group there and I expect new owner Jimmy Haslam and new CEO Joe Banner to be very aggressive in his coaching search. They need to finally deliver on offense and play some attractive football and get people excited about Browns football again.

Possible replacement: Chip Kelly is probably leaving college now, he is going to be coveted and this regime won't be concerned about Brandon Weeden -- he's probably not their guy anyway. Haslam won't be afraid to spend, and Kelly brings excitement -- it would be a bold hire. Josh McDaniels could be interesting here as well, depending on some possible front office moves and whether Kelly ends up elsewhere (Philadelphia and Carolina, among others, could be suitors).
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...re-on-the-line

vCash
    I would still like Kelly and the more and more this season plays out, I think the FO is going to be looking for their own QB come next year. Thats not what I want as I don't think anyone out there in the draft or possibly free agency is going to be head and shoulders better than Weeden but I just think the FO will want to move on and put their stamp on the team. Regarding Kelly though, even though I do still like him I just don't see anyway he comes to the Browns when their are going to be spots like San Diego, Philly, Carolina and possibly Dallas, New Orleans (Depending on Payton fiasco) open.

I think the two most legitimate chances are going to be David Shaw or Mike McCoy for this organization. I in no way what so ever would want McDaniels.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Yeah I almost threw up when I saw McDaniels listed there. I really doubt that's an option.

vCash
    wrong kelly BRIAN KELLY

vCash
    just kidding lol how about rick dennison houston oc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandspride View Post
    just kidding lol how about rick dennison houston oc
    I actually have liked what he has done in Houston and in Denver prior to that but you would have to believe that he wants to bring his zone blocking scheme to the Brownies which I don't know how much the lineman would be able to transfer to that. I would take McCoy over him right now but he will definately be a name out there this offseason with what Houston has done the past two years.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    I honestly wish Mangini never left, there was a different attitude in the locker room you saw progress and a team pulling it together most this progress now I believe is cause he was here. And what he left behind. I really dont know who I want to coach next year i wouldnt mind to see them bring in Phil jackson gotta be better then Shurmur and its the wrong sport

vCash
    ANYONE...and I mean ANYONE but Pat Shurmur at this point! Watching the Ravens/Steelers game last night...why can't we find a coach like either Harbaugh or Tomlin that will bring some freaking passion to the sidelines? You can tell that their players love playing for them...and they get excited when good OR bad things happen. That is what we need in the next coach of the Cleveland Browns.

Hopefully...the next coach also has a killer instinct. Too often, we get a lead and then try to protect it rather than building it. We need someone like, GULP, Belichek (I can't believe I just said that) who is willing to stick to the game plan even when they are up by 2 scores...in an effort to build that lead to 3 scores and then 4. Shurmur (and those that have come before him, for that matter) get a lead and go into the prevent Offense/Defense as they try NOT to make a mistake or allow a big play on defense. When you start playing that way, you start giving the opposition more possessions AND you wind up giving up quick scores as the opponent is able to get 15-20 yard gains in succession rather than the one big play...but the end result is normally the same, 6 points!

I want a coach that will be here for the next 10+ years that will make Cleveland HIS by turning this thing around. Can you imagine the following that a coach would have if he were able to first beat the Steelers and Ravens, second make the playoffs, and third...finally get to and win the Super Bowl??? That coach would OWN this city!

vCash
    Bruce Arians might be another interesting name out there this offseason in Head Coaching job opportunities. The only thing I have not liked that he has done in the past 10 years was probably calling that timeout with 1 second left before halftime against the Brownies this season but besides that he has been a great OC wherever he has been and has familiarity with Cleveland from his team here in the early 2000's.

List still goes Shaw, Kelly, McCoy, Jay though.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Beyond the general four name list above, I would like to see Saints OC Pete Carmichael get a look.

Also, while I do not want this, I expect Andy Reid to get a long look following his inevitable firing in Philly.

vCash
    No way Reid comes here with Banner as prez!

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    While I agree that Banner left on apparently bad terms with Reid, Banner is known as a guy that sets aside personal feelings with matters of football and business. Again, I wouldn't want him, but I fully expect his name to surface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex Ace View Post
    While I agree that Banner left on apparently bad terms with Reid, Banner is known as a guy that sets aside personal feelings with matters of football and business. Again, I wouldn't want him, but I fully expect his name to surface.
    Im calling San Diego for Reid but his name will definately be rumored by people trying to connect the dots. I still think Haslam will want someone in his 40's to build this team with for the next decade and so. I just keep getting back to the "Steelers" way that he talks about at times.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    For Reid, San Diego is definitely possible, I would throw Carolina in too. As Newton fits the mold of quarterback Reid has always seemed to love.

I one hundred percent agree with the type of coach you describe, both as what the team needs and what Haslem will be looking for. However, that also means a coach with a defensive background is more likely than anything, eliminating most of the above mentioned, as Cowher and Tomlin were both defensive guys (then paired with talented O-coordinators).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex Ace View Post
    For Reid, San Diego is definitely possible, I would throw Carolina in too. As Newton fits the mold of quarterback Reid has always seemed to love.

I one hundred percent agree with the type of coach you describe, both as what the team needs and what Haslem will be looking for. However, that also means a coach with a defensive background is more likely than anything, eliminating most of the above mentioned, as Cowher and Tomlin were both defensive guys (then paired with talented O-coordinators).
    I don't think thats necessarily true. I think it can be a D or O coordinator as they will just want to find the right guy. The funny thing about Tomlin is that they hired him from Minnesota in 2007 where he ran a 4-3 and he was with Tampa before that in the 4-3 Cover 2. Guess what Pitt still runs, a 3-4 because they wanted to keep that stability of the way they had drafted players for the 15 years prior and they wanted to keep Lebeau. I think that is what Haslam wants and you keeep hearing Banner say in interviews that he has no perimaters whether offensive minded or defensive minded but instead an overall passionate guy that can lead men and motivate men. Thats why I think David Shaw would be great. The guy seems to get individuals and knows how to get the most out of his players. With a roster this young and growing I think that would be great. Usually though the defensive coaches are the more passionate but I just think that they will be looking for the right fit and not the right system or philosophy which will be a nice change of pace.

Also I am calling Mike McCoy to Carolina as the Panthers will probably love what he did with Tebow last year seeing that for Cam in a more uptempo fashion.

HOYERMANIA!!!

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast