Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    There has been no stability over the last 8 years. Between coaching changes and coordinators...no wonder the players are confused.
    Couple that with a BIG cap problem, the results are what they are.
    It's going to take at least 2 years to get this sorted out. Making any changes in the coaching staff will prolong the fix. That's the reason this team has not been successful. Last year was a tease because the whole division stunk. We came close, so we had high expectations this year which adds to the frustration.

vCash
    I would like to fire Allen and company so that they could bring in a proven head coach to build a real solid foundation, not a guy who's a rookie and doesn' have a clue it seems to build a decent defense; at least have the same defense from last year play equally or better...not worse!

My question is, why not go after guys like Dick Lebeau?
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Bringing in a high line coach means taking control to a point. Question is: Is Reggie another control freak? Just the fact that he fired Hugh Jackson indicates to me that might be true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    No. Stay the course, follow the plan. We have some continuity,or rather expect to have some when next season rolls around. Let's see what the overhead has planned for the team. We can ***** and complain all we want, but in the end we are just fans. RM and DA will right the ship, it just takes time to patch the holes and stop the leaks before she sails again. Be patient.
    Well said and I totally agree...........like totally!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    There has been no stability over the last 8 years. Between coaching changes and coordinators...no wonder the players are confused.
    Couple that with a BIG cap problem, the results are what they are.
    It's going to take at least 2 years to get this sorted out. Making any changes in the coaching staff will prolong the fix. That's the reason this team has not been successful. Last year was a tease because the whole division stunk. We came close, so we had high expectations this year which adds to the frustration.
    I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    I would like to fire Allen and company so that they could bring in a proven head coach to build a real solid foundation, not a guy who's a rookie and doesn' have a clue it seems to build a decent defense; at least have the same defense from last year play equally or better...not worse!

My question is, why not go after guys like Dick Lebeau?
    Hey Carolina. I will answer the Lebeau question. He's a DC, one of the best in the league. His age is catching up to him, he will not be leaving the Steelers for another team. When he leaves he will retire IMO. He loves what he does, is great at it, I don't think he wants to invest many more years in building a team. I could be wrong, but that is what I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERCOACH View Post
    how about no we should make saunders oc and get some beefeer defensive players this year and next get rid of carlisle briesel smith barnes and on d trade seymour and keep kelly and all of the secondary except branch can go dude i complain but you sound like a girl you need to hang with widow shell toughin you up mijo!

I sound like a girl? Ok, buddy. Sure. Pretty sure we all scream like b itches every time Carson throws an INT or DMC fumbles the ball and cost us the game. On a contender, they can do that all they want and not lose 8+ games a year. It's pretty difficult to teach my young daughter, nieces, nephews, etc to cheer for a losing team. So if I complain like a girl, it's bc inside I'm crying like a little biznatch because our team plays like little biznatches. Out.

vCash
    I dont see Mcfadden going anywhere.Carson Either.

Mcclain,Kelly,Huff,Branch,Curry,DHB, Carlisle,Briesel,Barnes,Bartel,spencer,
    all should be restructered or cut.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    I dont see Mcfadden going anywhere.
    Not surprising...you were the guy who said last off season that you'd give him another pass if he got hurt this year.

Still don't know why though. I guess he's just a blind spot in your logic.

I'd be shocked if he were still on the roster next year.

-Stork

vCash
    We must allow this to play out, Let's see what happens after the season. I agree it may be time to part with DMC due to health reasons. Palmer is o.k. while the rebuilding process is going on. Besides he costs to much to cut, Cannot trade due to contract being too high and compensation too low. But if we are going to stay with DMC, RM must find a suitable starter caliber back to either back him up or start n front of him.

vCash
    If you going to try to create a superbowl winning team, and lets admit it thats the ONLY reason for playing the game, wouldnt it be intellegent to properly evaluate each player of that team. That is what Reggie, and DA are doing here. A lot of people on here are saying tank, lets go for a high draft pick, or trade for more picks. Trade everyone!
    The fact is we aint getting shite from nobody for our trash. Hell a lot of out garbage is other people's leftovers ( seymour, barns, brisiel.) Seymour and kelly by the way just might be the most overrated dts ever. If you can think of any let me know.
    Im a season ticket holder, and ive been to every home game and some of these guys have fight, and if I was trying to create a superbowl team, i would want to know whos gonna step up and gonna get squashed.
    This team will win some more games, the schedules getting easier, and our defense wont get torched like that every week. (although this might be a bad time to say that before facing pro bowler brees.) Its not gonna be enough for the playoffs but i wouldnt be shocked if we finish 7-9, 8-8.
    And thats ok, I think im starting to understand what reggie has in plan for the raiders, and I am very excited. DA will be the next great nfl head, but great things dont always happen over night. I dont want my head coach worried about what the idiots in the black hole think, they dont even know to keep quite when the offense is trying to work and call plays on the line. (we have a lot of great fans, but a lot of drunk idiots too).

patience is a virtue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Not surprising...you were the guy who said last off season that you'd give him another pass if he got hurt this year.

Still don't know why though. I guess he's just a blind spot in your logic.

I'd be shocked if he were still on the roster next year.

-Stork
    we will see my friend

vCash
    i hear things like stick to the plan, and stay the course. What am I missing? What plan? I see no plan. The only thing I see is that we are not giving huge contracts to anyone (which is good). Other than that we are stagnate. We are hiring below average coaches and it shows.

vCash
    Yes, stick to the plan.

Use the offseason to add another 5-10 players to the roster who are WORTH keeping around; use the offseason to cut the dead weight and enhance the roster.

Teams go nowhere to the playoffs all the time in the NFL. Who's to say that won't be the Raiders next season...?

vCash
    ^ thats why I doubt they will cut Dmac or Palmer.
    They have both shown an ability to be top level talents at their positions.
    The fact that he has stunk this year doesnt seem to me to be enough to quit on him with the ineffective o-line around him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast