Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    If I were the Steelers, I'd be on the phone with McNabb right away.

Not sure how much i would trust Leftwich.
    probally about the same as i would trust mcnabb, consideirng he would have 5 days to learn the offense
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    probally about the same as i would trust mcnabb, consideirng he would have 5 days to learn the offense
    Not for this week, going forward if Ben is going to miss significant time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Leftwich wasn't concussed last night on that first hit he took. Then what, Batch?

If the Steelers are going to win, they better get someone in here quick. Ben could be one hard hit away, again, when he comes back. His shoulder is trash right now, and was already an issue.

McNabb could come in and manage games if needed, and still has the ability to go out win games too, if needed.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Screw Mcnabb, get Farve on the phone!'

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    call Rich Gannon

vCash
    He'll be back before anyone expects. Ben is a tank, probably will miss the first Raven game, but make it back for the 2nd one in Baltimore.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    If I were the Steelers, I'd be on the phone with McNabb right away.

Not sure how much i would trust Leftwich.
    lol good thing you're not the Steelers

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

vCash
    i wouldn't be surprised to see ben back for the 2nd ravens game.

vCash
    Not for this week, going forward if Ben is going to miss significant time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Leftwich wasn't concussed last night on that first hit he took. Then what, Batch?

If the Steelers are going to win, they better get someone in here quick. Ben could be one hard hit away, again, when he comes back. His shoulder is trash right now, and was already an issue.

McNabb could come in and manage games if needed, and still has the ability to go out win games too, if needed.
    i doubt ben will be out long enough to warrant bringing in mcnabb.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Fan Tdot View Post
    With...?

????????
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Ben will be fine-he's Ben after all. He should be back in a few weeks-I'd much rather see Batch than Leftwitch out there. Byron takes a week just to **** his arm.

vCash
    Really "they edited **** his arm?" what about that college team, the gamecocks?
    Cockatee. Stupid PSD

vCash
    Pitt has beaten the ravens without ben before, wouldnt be surprised if they did it again. Sucks hope Ben comes back quick,, I still think there fine. Mcnabb that was a funny joke.
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Pitt has beaten the ravens without ben before, wouldnt be surprised if they did it again. Sucks hope Ben comes back quick,, I still think there fine. Mcnabb that was a funny joke.
    They're 0-4 against the Ravens without him since he was drafted, so are you thinking about 9+ years ago?

vCash
    Big Ben injury could be significant
    Updated: November 13, 2012, 6:05 PM ET
    By Ed Werder | ESPN

Roethlisberger's Shoulder Sprain Could Be Significant

Mike Tomlin describes Ben Roethlisberger as questionable after he suffered an "SC sprain."

The injuries Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger suffered to his throwing shoulder and ribs Monday night could be pretty significant, ones that could take a while to heal, a source close to the team said.

Clayton: Injury Affects AFC North Race
    Ben Roethlisberger's injury couldn't have come at a worse time for the Steelers, who play the Ravens twice in the next three weeks, John Clayton writes. Story

Roethlisberger was "extremely sore" Tuesday morning and "hurting pretty bad," the source said. After getting an MRI on Monday night, he went for another MRI on Tuesday.

A source confirmed to ESPN that Roethlisberger's rib and shoulder injuries occurred on the same play. The source said it remains unknown how long the quarterback might be unable to play with the injury to the front of his throwing shoulder.

At his news conference Tuesday, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin described Roethlisberger's shoulder injury as an "SC sprain." The exact terminolgy of Roesthlisberger's injury is a sternoclavicular dislocation, according to ESPN medical analyst Dr. Michael Kaplan. In this type of injury, the central end of the clavicle separates from the sternum (chestbone). An uncommon injury, it is extremely painful with strong ligament tearing (sprain). The usual treatment for the injury is conservative (no surgery, with rest, sling and rehab). Typically it takes several weeks until a quarterback is able to return to passing accurately and with sufficient velocity.

"Obviously, his injury puts his participation in the questionable category," Tomlin said.

Another Steelers source told ESPN that the team's staff was told: "proceed with (backup quarterback Byron (Leftwich). It doesn't look like you're going to have Ben this week. We're looking at next week as a possibility as of right now."

Mike and Mike in the Morning

ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton says there's a good chance Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger will miss both games against Baltimore.

It seemed highly unusual and perhaps an indication of the seriousness of the injury that Roethlisberger went from the stadium to the hospital for an MRI on his right shoulder so late Monday night and remained there past midnight.
    The Steelers have a short week to prepare for the archrival Baltimore Ravens, their opponents in two of the next three weeks and the AFC North leaders.
    The Steelers have two veteran backup quarterbacks in Leftwich and Charlie Batch -- neither of whom has played much recently because of their own injuries, and because Roethlisberger has been so durable.

Of the 137 games the Steelers have played since Roethlisberger's first season of 2004, he has missed 14, including his four-game suspension in 2010. In that span, Pittsburgh is 86-37 (.699) with its star QB and 9-5 (.643) without, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

When asked Tuesday how the playbook would change if Leftwich had to start, Tomlin said, "I don't know that it does."

Big Trouble Without Big Ben
    Ben Roethlisberger has been on the field for nearly 90 percent of the Steelers' regular-season snaps over the last five years, including 92 percent of Pittsburgh's designed pass plays.

With Ben On Field With Ben Off Field
    Plays 4,108 460
    Yds/Play 5.6 5.0
    Yds/pass att. 7.9 7.5
    TD-Int 100-51 6-6 * Stats before Monday night's game

Leftwich insists he has mastered offensive coordinator Todd Haley's playbook and Leftwich's teammates are hardly concerned if he's under center on Sunday.

"I try to prepare as if I am the starter every week," Leftwich said. "Nothing will change. I wish Ben the best. I hope he is healthy. Other than that I will be ready to go."

Roethlisberger was sacked by the Chiefs' Justin Houston to end Pittsburgh's first possession of the second half. Roethlisberger finished 9-of-18 for 84 yards and a touchdown for the Steelers, who won their fourth straight game by beating Kansas City 16-13 in overtime to improve to 6-3.

Roethlisberger has been largely injury-free this season in Haley's system, which requires him to get rid of the ball quickly. Kansas City's secondary, however, shut down Pittsburgh's receivers, and Roethlisberger took a series of hits on a wet night at Heinz Field.

Leftwich replaced Roethlisberger and finished 7-of-14 for 73 yards in the victory. Leftwich managed to lead the Steelers on one scoring drive early in the fourth that gave them a 13-10 lead.

vCash
    looks like he may be out for both Ravens games, unlike you guys suggested

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast