Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    They're 0-4 against the Ravens without him since he was drafted, so are you thinking about 9+ years ago?
    I could of swore they beat them without ben, are you sure? I thought Batch beat them a couple times
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    A sack is going to be tagging the QB if this keeps up.
    And that would be the end of football as we know it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I could of swore they beat them without ben, are you sure? I thought Batch beat them a couple times
    Since Roethlisberger was drafted in 2004...

September 19, 2004 at Baltimore - Tommy Maddox started this game, lost control of it, and then got injured. Roethlisberger played in garbage time. This was the only loss for the Steelers that season. Roethlisberger started every other game that season, winning all of them, and the Steelers had finally found the franchise QB they'd needed for over 20 years.

November 20, 2005 at Baltimore - Roethlisberger was out for three weeks with a knee injury he suffered when the Steelers hosted the Ravens on Halloween. My lasting memory of this game was Hines Ward jumping for a pass that he let fall through his arms, and then inadvertently kicked into the air as he fell backwards, allowing it to be intercepted by...I think it was Terrell Suggs. The Steelers lost in overtime.

December 30, 2007 at Baltimore - Roethlisberger and several other starters sat this game out because they'd already won the AFC North and were locked in as the #4 seed in the AFC. Charlie Batch had an opportunity to help the Steelers win late, but threw an INT that effectively ended the game.

December 6, 2009 at Baltimore - Roethlisberger suffered a concussion against the Chiefs in overtime the week prior. Dennis Dixon started this game, and the Steelers actually had the lead entering the fourth quarter, but the defense failed to protect it, and Dixon threw a back-breaking INT in overtime. This was the fourth of five consecutive losses, and also one of five blown fourth-quarter leads by the defense that season.

October 3, 2010 vs Baltimore - This was when Roethlisberger was serving a four-game suspension at the start of the 2010 season. Dixon got the start again, and they had a four-point lead late, but got pinned deep in their own territory, and punted the ball back to the Ravens with just enough time for them to score the game-winning TD with only a few seconds left. This is the only home game that the Steelers have played against the Ravens without Roethlisberger.

The Steelers are 0-5 against the Ravens without Roethlisberger since 2004.
    Last edited by DBR96A; 11-13-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post

September 19, 2004 at Baltimore - Tommy Maddox started this game, lost control of it, and then got injured. Roethlisberger played in garbage time. This was the only loss for the Steelers that season. Roethlisberger started every other game that season, winning all of them, and the Steelers had finally found the franchise QB they'd needed for over 20 years.

November 20, 2005 at Baltimore - Roethlisberger was out for three weeks with a knee injury he suffered when the Steelers hosted the Ravens on Halloween. My lasting memory of this game was Hines Ward jumping for a pass that he let fall through his arms, and then inadvertently kicked into the air as he fell backwards, allowing it to be intercepted by...I think it was Terrell Suggs. The Steelers lost in overtime.

December 30, 2007 at Baltimore - Roethlisberger and several other starters sat this game out because they'd already won the AFC North and were locked in as the #4 seed in the AFC. Charlie Batch had an opportunity to help the Steelers win late, but threw an INT that effectively ended the game.

December 6, 2009 at Baltimore - Roethlisberger suffered a concussion against the Chiefs in overtime the week prior. Dennis Dixon started this game, and the Steelers actually had the lead entering the fourth quarter, but the defense failed to protect it, and Dixon threw a back-breaking INT in overtime. This was the fourth of five consecutive losses, and also one of five blown fourth-quarter leads by the defense that season.

October 3, 2010 vs Baltimore - This was when Roethlisberger was serving a four-game suspension at the start of the 2010 season. Dixon got the start again, and they had a four-point lead late, but got pinned deep in their own territory, and punted the ball back to the Ravens with just enough time for them to score the game-winning TD with only a few seconds left. This is the only home game that the Steelers have played against the Ravens without Roethlisberger.

What's the Steelers record in their last 5 overall games without him. Just curious.

vCash

My mistake. Sorry I thought Batch won a couple. I thought Polmoulu had a key sackk and they won the game.
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    What's the Steelers record in their last 5 overall games without him. Just curious.
    Off the top of my head, beat the Rams last year. One of the worst teams in the league. Then 2010 when they geared up for not having him due to the suspension, went 3-1 as a completely healthy team. Once he came back and the offensive line started dropping like flies (the only OLman to play all 19 games was the 36 year old RT who was signed in August when the original RT went down with an injury of his own), I hate to think of what would happen if we didn't have Roethlisberger for the final 3/4 of the regular season and playoffs. Then before then was the 2009 loss to the Ravens with Dixon.

So 3-2 unless I missed something.

Edit: DBR got the second part about the Steelers beating the Ravens with/without Ben covered below.
    Last edited by ring91013144043; 11-13-2012 at 11:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    My mistake. Sorry I thought Batch won a couple. I thought Polmoulu had a key sackk and they won the game.
    You're thinking of the second game against the Ravens in 2010, which Roethlisberger did play. Troy Polamalu sacked Joe Flacco late in the game, forcing a fumble that the Steelers recovered in Ravens territory. A few plays later, Roethlisberger threw a quick pass to Isaac Redman for the game-winning TD. That was the game in which Roethlisberger had his nose broken by Haloti Ngata.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

vCash
    I will not doubt Ben's desire to play. I swear unless his are gets ripped off I can see him play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue82 View Post
    I will not doubt Ben's desire to play. I swear unless his are gets ripped off I can see him play.
    Honestly, though, I don't want him to play, because there have been times when he's been injured severely enough that it's had a very negative impact on his performance. The first half of the 2006 season, the middle of the 2008 season and the end of last season all come to mind. Not coincidentally, 2006, 2008 and 2011 are Roethlisberger's three worst seasons statistically. In every other season, his passer rating has been in the high 90's or low to mid-100's. (His rating so far this season is 100.0.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    A sack is going to be tagging the QB if this keeps up.
    Stop with your worthless posts...

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Steeler fans, this will be nothing but a troll thread.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Steeler fans, this will be nothing but a troll thread.
    i don't fukin intend on it to be a troll thread, more so a thread based off the injury to a nfl quarterback, so stop with the damn negativity and expectations of a "troll" thread

vCash

to be fair, the first game shouldnt count since he wasnt the starter and came in with the game out of hand
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash

Big Ben "done for a while"

Source: Byron Leftwich to start

ESPN.com news services | November 14, 2012

Byron Leftwich will start for the Pittsburgh Steelers at quarterback against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday night as Ben Roethlisberger will sit the game out due to a sprained shoulder, a team source confirmed to ESPN.

Fox Sports had earlier reported the Steelers had made the decision to sit Roethlisberger this week.

The Steelers' decision to be cautious with their franchise quarterback doesn't come as a surprise. Another Steelers source had told ESPN on Monday that the team's staff was told: "proceed with (backup quarterback Byron (Leftwich). It doesn't look like you're going to have Ben this week. We're looking at next week as a possibility as of right now."

The injuries Roethlisberger suffered to his throwing shoulder and ribs Monday night against Kansas City could take a while to heal, a source close to the team has told ESPN.

A source confirmed to ESPN that Roethlisberger's rib and shoulder injuries occurred on the same play. The source said it remains unknown how long the quarterback might be unable to play with the injury to the front of his throwing shoulder.

At his news conference Tuesday, coach Mike Tomlin called Pittsburgh's franchise quarterback "questionable" but otherwise offered little detail Tuesday, less than 24 hours after Roethlisberger was pounded into the ground by Chiefs linebackers Tamba Hali and Justin Houston in the third quarter of Pittsburgh's 16-13 overtime victory.

Tomlin described Roethlisberger's shoulder injury as an "SC sprain." The exact terminolgy of Roesthlisberger's injury is a sternoclavicular dislocation, according to ESPN medical analyst Dr. Michael Kaplan. In this type of injury, the central end of the clavicle separates from the sternum (chestbone). An uncommon injury, it is extremely painful with strong ligament tearing (sprain). The usual treatment for the injury is conservative (no surgery, with rest, sling and rehab). Typically it takes several weeks until a quarterback is able to return to passing accurately and with sufficient velocity.

Clayton: Injury Affects AFC North Race
    Ben Roethlisberger's injury couldn't have come at a worse time for the Steelers, who play the Ravens twice in the next three weeks, John Clayton writes. Story

Of the 137 games the Steelers have played since Roethlisberger's first season of 2004, he has missed 14, including his four-game suspension in 2010. In that span, Pittsburgh is 86-37 (.699) with its star QB and 9-5 (.643) without, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

When asked Tuesday how the playbook would change if Leftwich had to start, Tomlin said, "I don't know that it does."

"I try to prepare as if I am the starter every week," Leftwich said. "Nothing will change. I wish Ben the best. I hope he is healthy. Other than that I will be ready to go."

Leftwich replaced Roethlisberger and finished 7-of-14 for 73 yards in Monday night's victory.

vCash
    Rare rib injury too?
    I'm looking at you, Houston and Denver. we cannot let patsies win AFC with all these damn injuries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast