Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Big Ben "done for a while"

Team fears significant injury to QB
    Ed Werder [ARCHIVE]

ESPN | November 13, 2012
    The Pittsburgh Steelers fear quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has suffered a pretty significant injury to his throwing shoulder, an injury that a source close to the team says is probably going to take a while to heal.

Big Trouble Without Big Ben
    Ben Roethlisberger has been on the field for nearly 90 percent of the Steelers regular-season snaps over the last five years including 92 percent of Pittsburgh's designed pass plays.

It seemed highly unusual and perhaps an indication of the seriousness of the injury that Roethlisberger went from the stadium to the hospital for an MRI on his right shoulder so late at night and remained there past midnight.

Sources say initial reports on Roethlisberger show a sprain, but a source who was with Roethlisberger on Monday night told ESPN that doctors informed the quarterback they wanted further evaluations and a complete diagnosis won't be available until later Tuesday.

The Steelers have a short week to prepare for the archrivals Baltimore Ravens, their opponent in two of the next three weeks and the AFC north leader.

The Steelers have two veteran backup quarterbacks in Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch -- neither of whom has played much recently because of their own injuries and because Roethlisberger has been so durable.

Roethlisberger was sacked by the Chiefs' Justin Houston to end Pittsburgh's first possession of the second half. Roethlisberger finished 9-of-18 for 84 yards and a touchdown for the Steelers, who won their fourth straight game by beating Kansas City 16-13 in overtime to improve to 6-3.

Coach Mike Tomlin wouldn't speculate Monday night on the severity of Roethlisberger's injury.

Roethlisberger has been largely injury-free this season in offensive coordinator Todd Haley's system, which requires him to get rid of the ball quickly. Kansas City's secondary, however, shut down Pittsburgh's receivers, and Roethlisberger took a series of hits on a wet night at Heinz Field.

Leftwich replaced Roethlisberger and finished 7-of-14 for 73 yards in the victory. Leftwich managed to lead the Steelers on one scoring drive early in the fourth that gave them a 13-10 lead.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

ESPN Conversations

vCash
    Steelers are done without Big Ben....hopefully he can return in 2-3 weeks.

It looks like a shoulder sprain per NFL.com

Source

PSD's Aaron Dropson

vCash
    Smith, Cutler, Vick & Ben go down in weekend. The NFL is not happy

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Smith, Cutler, Vick & Ben go down in weekend. The NFL is not happy
    def not with 3/4 of them being concussions...

PSD's Aaron Dropson

vCash
    In comes Comissioner Roger making new rules for hitting the quarterback now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ch0ZSeN1 View Post
    In comes Comissioner Roger making new rules for hitting the quarterback now
    A sack is going to be tagging the QB if this keeps up.

PSD's Aaron Dropson

vCash
    I hope he back for my fantasy playoffs..

vCash
    so ben might miss both ravens games?

baltimore is destined to be the worst 12-4 or 13-3 team in history its starting to seem
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jint. View Post
    I hope he back for my fantasy playoffs..
    He probably will be, and at a perfect time. They'll probably still be in position to make the playoffs so he'll be putting up good numbers when it matters most for you haha

I can see them going 2-2 the next four games and Ben will hopefully be back by then. Even if he's done for the season I can see them winning those last three (Dallas, Cincinnati, Cleveland) as well. Any other team I'd be worried about them, but with their defense I think they'll be ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    so ben might miss both ravens games...
    Talk about the planet aligning!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    serves the NFL right for beign stupid and scheduling botht hose games in a 3 week span
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Hope he heals quickly...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    With...?

vCash
    Get a steroid injection and get back on the field

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

vCash
    If I were the Steelers, I'd be on the phone with McNabb right away.

Not sure how much i would trust Leftwich.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast