Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    stop it........
    I agree with you GreenLantern 100%. If I was going to argue for the playoffs, I could argue that with the schedule being @St. Louis, New England, Arizona, @Jacksonville, @Tennessee, San Diego, @Buffalo, all of those teams except New England are .500 or worse, so if the Jets could find some game, the schedule is very favorable to go 6-1 down the stretch.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Well PC did go against the Patriots earlier and he didn't exactly have anything to say about them. That was then they had that awful secondary. If you listen to the interview his tone didn't seem like he has any grudge or anything. Just my 2 cents. I don't know, like another poster said, when 2 players from another team says you quite, and now a HC from another team said you where not getting off the ball quickly and where playing undisciplined football I would be concerned. Of couse it sounds like plenty of you are already concerned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cañamin View Post
    Lol. Ok I'll keep playing lotto then
    Not to say I wouldnt want it to happen..But why would I torture myself..If the Jets beat the Rams and Pats..Then I will let my guard down.

I just dont think this team has any firepower to beat the better defensive teams.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    we played so badly that we kept sacking the QB and forced fumbles etc...

If it works, it isnt "bad"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    I posted this yesterday after Pete Carroll said it on an interview. Here is a link to the interview if you guys want to hear it from Pete himself.

http://mynorthwest.com/422/2126169/H...ahawks-offense

He starts to talk about this around the 3:40 mark. I am a Seahawks fan, and from what I saw Sunday I am surprised you all haved converted to being Giants fans.

I would tend to believe the opposing coach before I start listening to the media. I highly doubt its Pete trying to ruffel feathers in it. He is making an honest assestment of how we (Seahawks) performed. Once we figured out that you where slow off the ball, we made the adjustments and started the gash your defense in the 4th quarter. Thats exactly what he said.
    This is utter Bull-oney! The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard - well, it ranks up there.

Jets game plan was to not let Lynch beat them, and they held him by quarter to doddley-squat - 1st quarter - 14 yards; 2nd - 25 yards; 3rd - 25 yards; 4TH - 60 yards.

For the 1st 3 quarters - Lynch had 64 yards on 21 carries - avg - 3 ypc

I'e never heard a more ridiculous thing in my life - "They were too slow, and so our blockers ran right by them." DUDE - the Jets play a 3-4, two gap control run defense - they hold their ground, and occupy/shed blockers - and the LBs make tackles - what was unbelievable was RDE - Wilkerson had 7 tackles, NT - Po'uha had 6, LDE - Devito had 5 - that is unheard of for a 3-4 defense - SO - who F...messed up? "They were too slow so we couldn't block them" - HA! That's like the old Tom Brookshier's (with Pat Summeral - CBS- NFC - mostly Giants - drunk TV commentators) - ridiculous saying - "If he hadn't been tackled, he would have gone all the way!"

Until the 4th quarter - when the game was still in doubt - they bottled up your running game, and had Wilson on the run - too bad for us he's great at that -

You do realize the the time of possession had our defense on the field for 12 more minutes than you're defense? By the 4th quarter, and with Sanchez making his 2nd turnover early in the 4th quarter - the defense, especially the D-line, was exhausted. We only played 4 D-lineman the entire game. They didn't give up - they just were physically spent as Lynch ran for 60 yards in 6 carries in the 4th quarter.

'They were just too slow to block.' I really like Pete Carroll, but that has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. It would seem that, in the 4th quarter, when the D-line was fatigued, the Seahawks O-line was finally able to block the D-line and got 1/2 of you're rushing yards in the 4th quarter. What do you think happened!!??? The D-line got faster in the 4th quarter, and you were finally able to block them? Do you realize how outrageously ridiculous that sounds! Done and done!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Well PC did go against the Patriots earlier and he didn't exactly have anything to say about them. That was then they had that awful secondary. If you listen to the interview his tone didn't seem like he has any grudge or anything. Just my 2 cents. I don't know, like another poster said, when 2 players from another team says you quite, and now a HC from another team said you where not getting off the ball quickly and where playing undisciplined football I would be concerned. Of couse it sounds like plenty of you are already concerned.
    AGAIN:

This is utter Bull-oney! The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard - well, it ranks up there.

Jets game plan was to not let Lynch beat them, and they held him by quarter to doddley-squat - 1st quarter - 14 yards; 2nd - 25 yards; 3rd - 25 yards; 4TH - 60 yards.

For the 1st 3 quarters - Lynch had 64 yards on 21 carries - avg - 3 ypc

I'e never heard a more ridiculous thing in my life - "They were too slow, and so our blockers ran right by them." DUDE - the Jets play a 3-4, two gap control run defense - they hold their ground, and occupy/shed blockers - and the LBs make tackles - what was unbelievable was RDE - Wilkerson had 7 tackles, NT - Po'uha had 6, LDE - Devito had 5 - that is unheard of for a 3-4 defense - SO - who F...messed up? "They were too slow so we couldn't block them" - HA! That's like the old Tom Brookshier's (with Pat Summeral - CBS- NFC - mostly Giants - drunk TV commentators) - ridiculous saying - "If he hadn't been tackled, he would have gone all the way!"

Until the 4th quarter - when the game was still in doubt - they bottled up your running game, and had Wilson on the run - too bad for us he's great at that -

You do realize the the time of possession had our defense on the field for 12 more minutes than you're defense? By the 4th quarter, and with Sanchez making his 2nd turnover early in the 4th quarter - the defense, especially the D-line, was exhausted. We only played 4 D-lineman the entire game. They didn't give up - they just were physically spent as Lynch ran for 60 yards in 6 carries in the 4th quarter.

'They were just too slow to block.' I really like Pete Carroll, but that has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. It would seem that, in the 4th quarter, when the D-line was fatigued, the Seahawks O-line was finally able to block the D-line and got 1/2 of you're rushing yards in the 4th quarter. What do you think happened!!??? The D-line got faster in the 4th quarter, and you were finally able to block them? Do you realize how outrageously ridiculous that sounds! Done and done!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    I'd feel much happier seeing us finish the season without a win and get a high draft pick with a 3-13 record. This team has so many holes on both sides of the ball and Sanchez isn't the answer at QB, neither is Tebow

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Viscera View Post
    I'd feel much happier seeing us finish the season without a win and get a high draft pick with a 3-13 record. This team has so many holes on both sides of the ball and Sanchez isn't the answer at QB, neither is Tebow
    Ditto.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Viscera View Post
    The sad part is I really don't think one off-season and one draft is going to solve all of our issues. I think the Jets and their fans better prepare for at least 2 or 3 years before the Jets are back in the playoff talk.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Pretty easy to do if your defense is always on the field, they got gassed. Its not a big story its more common sense.
    The defense was gassed in the first three quarters? Can they even run a 40 without doubling over in exhaustion? Pete was saying early in the game our defense was so slow that it messed up the blocking scheme. That had nothing to do with being tired.

vCash
    @jetsfansince67

Hey, it's not me that is saying it it's Pete Carroll and Max Unger our center. I am concerned on our side that why it took 3 quarters to make that adjustment. The numbers don't always tell the story. When the players are on the field talking, those are the guys who tell the real story since they have the best view. I could easily see that being a problem for us, since basically you go into the gaps unprotected, which is what you did. Also, he said this on run plays. On pass plays Carroll said that you gave Wilson a couple of confusing looks which led to the sack/strip fumble for return.

So it's up to you to decide if you want to trust the people on the field, or the numbers. Can't say your defense played bad because even though they are getting off the ball slow, they still made the plays when they needed to. I would put my trust in what the players and coaches are saying but thats just me.

Also, he said your D-Line was slow getting off the snap, and therefore had access to our gaps. To me, this sounds like a coaching issue, not a talent one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    The defense was gassed in the first three quarters? Can they even run a 40 without doubling over in exhaustion? Pete was saying early in the game our defense was so slow that it messed up the blocking scheme. That had nothing to do with being tired.
    I was talking about the end of the game, offense goes three and out all game and the defense gets tired quickly... makes sense to me

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    @jetsfansince67

Hey, it's not me that is saying it it's Pete Carroll and Max Unger our center. I am concerned on our side that why it took 3 quarters to make that adjustment. The numbers don't always tell the story. When the players are on the field talking, those are the guys who tell the real story since they have the best view. I could easily see that being a problem for us, since basically you go into the gaps unprotected, which is what you did. Also, he said this on run plays. On pass plays Carroll said that you gave Wilson a couple of confusing looks which led to the sack/strip fumble for return.

So it's up to you to decide if you want to trust the people on the field, or the numbers. Can't say your defense played bad because even though they are getting off the ball slow, they still made the plays when they needed to. I would put my trust in what the players and coaches are saying but thats just me.

Also, he said your D-Line was slow getting off the snap, and therefore had access to our gaps. To me, this sounds like a coaching issue, not a talent one.
    OK - well, they/you should be pleased about getting the win, and not making excuses for the Jets D-line was winning the line-of-scrimmage for 3 quarters. You have to take some responsibility for what you quote. If it looks like piss, sounds like piss, smells like piss - than it's probably piss. The Jets line was too slow, and that's why we couldn't block them, and that's why the Jets D-line had a record number of tackles (20 tackles, this is not how a 3-4 defense usually handles the run. They're suppose to hold their ground, occupy blockers/shed blockers). Who is the dummy that goes running by them and doesn't block them! That's Carroll's excuse? Did you also know that we got 4 sacks - that was a 33% increase of sacks for the season. We went in with 12 - next to least in the league, and thanks to your awesome, super-fast O-line - we're now ranked 22nd in the league with 16.

BUT after being on the field for the entire game - just 4 D-lineman, that is all the Jets played - they suddenly sped up so that the Seahawks O-line could block them in the 4th quarter????? - PLEASE!

I won't dispute that the entire defense - especially the D-line that only played 4 players the entire game - was exhausted, and after Sanchez's 4th quarter fumble led to a 21-7 lead, demoralized - this is the ultimate in loss of momentum - something that every football player acknowledges - and then running became much easier because the D-line, and LBs, were exhausted, and without any momentum - they were done, beaten, fatigued, and couldn't muster the strength to play up to the level they had the 1st 3 quarters - THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY QUIT! It happens. But according to Pete Carroll and the center - the D-line must have gotten faster in the 4th quarter so they could finally block them.

You do realize how ridiculous that sounds?

GO JETS!!!
    Last edited by jetsfansince'67; 11-13-2012 at 04:33 PM.

vCash
    @jetsfan

I take it you didn't listen to the interview. The interview says that your D-Line was slow to get off the snap. Our O-Line was faster off the snap and was expecting your D-Line to keep the pace. A lot of the times though we where so fast off the snap that your guys where a pace behind and saw the gaps left behind and that is what you used to get through the line. He said this specifically for the run defense. Once we made a slight adjustment of slowing down on the snaps our guys started to knock your guys off the line which is where we started to gash your defense. This was an adjustment that our offense made.

No need to take so much offense because someone pointed out that your team was playing poorly. That someone was the opposing coach and the opposing center whom I would have thought you guys would want to hear the opinion of. I really didn't expect someone to go postal on me about the comments that I would have thought you wanted to hear. If my posts offends you so much, please ignore them, because they are obviosuly not for you. It is meant for the guy who actually wants to hear what the horse said directly.

I really do not care to argue with you about what you think happened during the game because I actually trust what my players and my coach says. So to me, there is no argument. So here is me taking responsiblity to my post, I believe my teams coach and center. PC or Unger said nothing about your palyers being tired, so they could have easily been tired also. But once again, that is a conditioning/coaching issue, not our teams fault.
    Last edited by kpak76; 11-13-2012 at 04:44 PM.

vCash
    @jetsfan

I take it you didn't listen to the interview. The interview says that your D-Line was slow to get off the snap. Our O-Line was faster off the snap and was expecting your D-Line to keep the pace. A lot of the times though we where so fast off the snap that your guys where a pace behind and saw the gaps left behind and that is what you used to get through the line. He said this specifically for the run defense. Once we made a slight adjustment of slowing down on the snaps our guys started to knock your guys off the line which is where we started to gash your defense. This was an adjustment that our offense made.

No need to take so much offense because someone pointed out that your team was playing poorly. That someone was the opposing coach and the opposing center whom I would have thought you guys would want to hear the opinion of. I really didn't expect someone to go postal on me about the comments that I would have thought you wanted to hear. If my posts offends you so much, please ignore them, because they are obviosuly not for you. It is meant for the guy who actually wants to hear what the horse said directly.

I really do not care to argue with you about what you think happened during the game because I actually trust what my players and my coach says. So to me, there is no argument. So here is me taking responsiblity to my post, I believe my teams coach and center. PC or Unger said nothing about your palyers being tired, so they could have easily been tired also. But once again, that is a conditioning/coaching issue, not our teams fault.
    And I think that is a huge joke! You didn't "gash us" until the 4th quarter - you 3 ypc - In the 4th quarter Lynch had 6 runs for 60 yards - that's when we got "gashed," and it was clearly after Sanchez's fumble led to your 21-7 lead.

Did you see the game? Our D-line played great until that time. Whatever excuse they want to come up with for running 21 times and gaining 64 yards, I don't care. I just thought that was one of the funniest things I've ever heard - they were too slow off the all, so we couldn't block them. Holding Lynch to 3 ypc looks like a good game plan to me, and a good effort, and the starting 3 guys came up with 18 tackles, and it was because, what again???? Oh, "they were too slow off the ball." I watched every play - the defense smothered your offense until the end of the 3rd quarter. Lynch scored a 1 yd TD run with 13 minutes left to play - and then Sanchez mounted a drive with a 32 yard completion to Keller into Seahawks territory, and the Jets got to the Seahawks' 32 yard-line, and then on 1st and 10, Sanchez fumbled, just like he always does, and after that the game was, for all intensive purposes, over.

Whatever Pete Carroll and your Center have to say to explain the lack of Lynch's effectiveness, until the 4th quarter, is fine - just don't say the Jets D-line was too slow for you to handle - that is ludicrous.

GO JETS!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast