Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    It's not like we're going far this season anyway. I'd much rather look to develop our young guys and bring Rose along slowly, maybe get a high draft pick in the process, and get the pieces for the second hopeful surge in 2014 FA.
    Tons of playing time isn't always the best way to develop a raw player

vCash
    Weren't you one that was saying Teague should be in the D-League to get PT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    He doesn't have that range though. What drove me nuts is that no one was bailing him out. I would love to see how he would play with Boozer.
    Doesn't matter what his range is when the clock is running down like that he needs to have confidence in throwing it up. Even if he hits 25% of them that's still .75 expected points vs. either a shot clock violation or an even lower expected value shot which is guaranteed at that point of the shot clock.

He will learn though definitely saw a lot of good things and good decisions too, was just frustrating watching him pass must take shots time after time when we were withing 5 or so points there at the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncbball234 View Post
    Tons of playing time isn't always the best way to develop a raw player
    I didn't say tons of playing time, but I'd like to see him given opportunities to play through his mistakes (say 18 mpg) rather than gather dust in the end of the bench.

There's no better experience than some actual game time, and since this team isn't contending, might as well use the opportunity to get him some experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    I didn't say tons of playing time, but I'd like to see him given opportunities to play through his mistakes (say 18 mpg) rather than gather dust in the end of the bench.

There's no better experience than some actual game time, and since this team isn't contending, might as well use the opportunity to get him some experience.
    Yea as long as kirks hurt this will happen but once he's back Teague will go back to the bench

vCash
    Weren't you one that was saying Teague should be in the D-League to get PT.
    Yes I did, playing time in the D League is much different then the NBA. Going against the NBA Pgs every night for 30 minutes could destroy his confidence. In the D league he should dominate and build confidence. Understand big guy?

vCash
    What if he comes back into the league with confidence and then gets blow up and loses it all because he dominating against scrubs? Get it shrimp

vCash
    What if he comes back into the league with confidence and then gets blow up and loses it all because he dominating against scrubs? Get it shrimp
    No need to insult buddy. Ill let Thibs handle it!

vCash
    ... and Thibs record, not so favorable for first year players!

vCash
    I agree that we shouldn't start Teague. He looked awful during summer-league. What I will say though (you may have already shared a similar opinion), that from SL to pre-season to the limited time he's played in the regular, that he has slowly been improving. I was surprised he didn't make as many bone-headed moves last night, considering how raw he looked during SL, included with his TO numbers. This could have been due to having veterans on the floor, being able to defer to them, and making simpler passes. Regardless, he showed some decent passing, and an ability to get to the rim.

I will go along with Kozel and say, although I don't think he should start, he should be getting more minutes, and I imagine he will with Kirk out for however long. 18mpg would be good. It'll be tough because of Thibs beliefs on first year players (as Topsy stated).

Anyways, it was encouraging to watch him last night, as it seems he's progressed from SL to now, which is what you want. It's hard to judge given his low playing time, but I would like to see more of Teague. Hopefully he showed last night, along with all the time he's put in during practice and such, that he warrants some more playing time. We'll see though.

I still believe we can contend this season and hold ship til Rose is back. If the season continues and we struggle, more so than I'm thinking right now, I'd be sure to give Teague more and more playing time so he can develop and such.

I won't be surprised if he has some awful games while Hinrich is out, but last night was encouraging.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12