Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Lions are fairly predictable on offense. A lot of plays they run they'll run 2, 3, sometimes a handful a game. I did some research on them and I'll give you a sample of stuff I came up with.

They like to put Calvin in the slot. When he is in the slot he'll go up the seem a lot. If he's not in the slot you'll know something is up, especially if Scheffler is lined up in the slot to Calvin's side. Usually means a screen to Calvin or he'll go in motion to get in the slot. If Calvin is out, more times than not it's a run.

They like to run that jumbo single back set where Rieff comes in as a TE. He'll move in motion and 70% of the time they'll run the ball to that side. However, if it's shotgun and they run that same jumbo formation out there they'll throw the ball more times than not. They like Calvin in slot running up the seam.

They'll go shotgun with 4 wide with Bell lined up behind the T. He'll chip and roll. Stafford loves this play and will go to Bell more times than not.

Empty formation they run a very similar play to us where pretty much everyone will run curl. Stafford loves to throw to Pettigrew when he runs a curl. Another play is they'll have the TE's next to the T's and they'll just spray out, with the receivers on the strong side running picks down the field.

I'll give one more away, when their in a bunch shotgun formation, they like to run a RB screen. I hope you guys enjoy these
    This right here is why we need a new OC It's actually pretty funny. In the Lions forum we can usually predict how the play calling is going to go for a certain drive I'm seriously amazed Stafford doesn't get picked off way more than he does, not because he's a bad QB but because our plays, and even our routes are so damn predictable.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    This right here is why we need a new OC It's actually pretty funny. In the Lions forum we can usually predict how the play calling is going to go for a certain drive I'm seriously amazed Stafford doesn't get picked off way more than he does, not because he's a bad QB but because our plays, and even our routes are so damn predictable.
    Yeah I agree. Every team has their plays they really like and they'll run them a couple times a game. But I noticed there are a pretty good amount of plays the Lions like to run. Obviously the most notable is the singleback jumbo formation when Reiff comes in. I just hope Capers knows this

vCash
    Interesting stat:
    Due to the suspension and a few bumps and bruises, Neal has been limited to only 120 snaps this year, but has amassed two sacks and leads the team with seven quarterback pressures, according to Pro Football Focus.
    When healthy, Neal becoming a factor

vCash
    The inactive list:
    Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky
    #Packers inactives: Boykin, Woodson, Shields, Matthews, Manning, Quarless, Jennings. Moses starts for Matthews. Hayward for Shields.
    Lions:
    tom silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein
    #Lions' inactives vs. #Packers are: QB Moore, S Delmas, T Fox, T Hilliard, WR Robiskie, DE Lewis, DT Williams. Fairly, Coleman, Silva start.

vCash
    I'm most interested in our oline's performance today. Hoping to see greatness.

vCash
    anybody here today?

vCash
    Yep. Want this one really bad so I don't have to listen to it all week. ray:

vCash
    Me too
    Im a bit afraid of the 4th quarter. The Lions play then especially well for whatever reason.

vCash
    3 and out. Good defense. Now the offense needs a good start too

vCash
    Hayward is such a boss.

vCash
    It seems Casey can bounce back after his last not so good game. awesome

vCash
    Nice effort by Starks.

vCash
    Another drive killed by a drop.

vCash
    The drop and penalty killed the drive.