Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Mocks

vCash

Post Your Mocks

Well everyone, it's that time of the year. We're at the down hill part of the season sitting at 7-3. I think it'd be fun to have a thread and post our mocks and see how our mocks change based on a few deciding factors:

- Draft Position
    - Player Stock rising/falling
    - Team Needs changing

With a thread devoted to it we could see how we progress in terms of train of thought.

Also please, if you do a mock it wouldn't hurt to do it with some explanations with them rather then just posting player names. It's a Green Bay only mock so it doesn't take away from anything. Thanks <3

~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

vCash
    Projected Draft Position: 25-27
    Projected Team Needs: OC/G, RB, WR, S (Not in a specific order)

Round 1: Johnathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina

The Packers currently have Bulaga on I.R. with a hip injury that we don't know how serious it is or what kind of long term effects it could have or even if he'll be available at the start of next season (Hip injuries especially on an OT can be quite serious) depending on the severity of this injury and with that lingering in the back of my mind it makes me pull the trigger on Cooper. There's something about his game and grit that just makes me wish he was a Packer. He'd also be worth consideration as Saturday's eventual replacement but if that doesn't work out then we could just plug him into his most natural position in college.

Round 2: Giovanni Bernard, RB, North Carolina

Yea it's not really intentional that I'm taking both Bernard and Cooper with our 1st and 2nd round picks but I definitely wouldn't argue it. This would probably require a trade up and I can see it being a trigger that TT would be willing to pull considering how hard the Packers offense has been trying to establish the running game as of late and continuously not really being able to get it done. This just adds another dimension to the Packers offense that we've been missing for quite some time.

Round 3: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

I fully suspect the Packers will not be retaining Greg Jennings this year and while landing this kid in Round 3 in April mite be a pipe dream at this point it isn't unrealistic. He fills a need/want and the upside/ceiling this kid brings to the table just makes it hard not to pull the trigger here.

** Will do more rounds as I get more acquainted with this draft class and better feeling of potential player stock past this round **
    Last edited by NickGB; 11-19-2012 at 03:50 AM.

vCash
    My Projected Draft Position: 32

Projected Team Needs: OC/G, RB,S,T (No order)

Round 1: Barrett Jones, G/C/T, Alabama
    Plan B Eric Reid, S, LSU Taylor Lewan*, OT, Michigan

Plan B Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford T.J. McDonald, S, USC

Round 3: Dallas Thomas, OT/G, Tennessee
    Plan B Khaled Holmes, C, USC Travis Frederick, C/G, Wisconsin
    Shayne Skov, ILB/OLB, Stanford
    ~
    Also my draft does not project if we move up or out of the first round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGB View Post
    Projected Draft Position: 25-27
    Projected Team Needs: OC/G, RB, WR, S (Not in a specific order)

Round 1: Johnathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina

The Packers currently have Bulaga on I.R. with a hip injury that we don't know how serious it is or what kind of long term effects it could have or even if he'll be available at the start of next season (Hip injuries especially on an OT can be quite serious) depending on the severity of this injury and with that lingering in the back of my mind it makes me pull the trigger on Cooper. There's something about his game and grit that just makes me wish he was a Packer. He'd also be worth consideration as Saturday's eventual replacement but if that doesn't work out then we could just plug him into his most natural position in college.

Yea it's not really intentional that I'm taking both Bernard and Cooper with our 1st and 2nd round picks but I definitely wouldn't argue it. This would probably require a trade up and I can see it being a trigger that TT would be willing to pull considering how hard the Packers offense has been trying to establish the running game as of late and continuously not really being able to get it done. This just adds another dimension to the Packers offense that we've been missing for quite some time.

Round 3: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

I fully suspect the Packers will not be retaining Greg Jennings this year and while landing this kid in Round 3 in April mite be a pipe dream at this point it isn't unrealistic. He fills a need/want and the upside/ceiling this kid brings to the table just makes it hard not to pull the trigger here.

** Will do more rounds as I get more acquainted with this draft class and better feeling of potential player stock past this round **
    I would love it if we got those first two picks. Of course I am a UNC homer and Cooper is from my hometown.

vCash
    This is a very early, early mock draft.

1. Robert Woods, WR, USC

It should be interesting to see what he does in the combine. If he runs a very good 40 time I don't see him available for us. Out of all the receivers in the 1st round I think Woods fits us the most. He's a similar player to Greg Jennings and I think that might be the direction Ted looks for. It would be cool to get a player like Justin Hunter but I really think he'll be long gone.

2. Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson

I like this guy a lot. His name really hasn't come up much. I think he's the type of guy we need right now. He's not exactly what we've taken in the past. He's an all-around pretty good player, that could fit in the ZBS because of his very good vision and his one cut style.

3. Jordan Reed, TE, Florida

I honestly think Finley will be gone due to his large cap number next season. Reed is a type of guy that could fill that void. He's more of a receiver than anything else, can line up wide or in tight. Doesn't have the height Finley does but I think he's more of a receiver and I really think that's what Ted will look for in this draft.

Again this is a very early mock

vCash
    1) Louis Nix, DT/NT, ND

Dissruptive, gets double teamed alot and still produces

2) Matt Elam, S, Florida

May have to move up to get him in the second but might not. has some flaws but is overall a great football player.

3) Montee Ball, RB, WI

most likely wont happen cuz ted doesnt draft WI players. alot of people think hes a product, i think he may be a steal

4) Mario Benavides, C, Louisville

I just like the dude, played good against UNC and sylvester

5) Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy

could see him not making it this far, maybe if we got another 4th round comp pick

basically just shootin in the dark since its so early, just some guys i like

vCash
    I really like the last two. I'll give it a shot later 2night.

vCash
    Ok like Wis said this is very very very earlier for me to put anything together but here is a quick one.

1. Barrett Jones OL Alabama - at first I wasn't even going to put up a 1st round pick because right now I have no idea who would be ideal in the first round for the area we would be picking in. However, if anything I think more OL help wouldn't hurt and Jones versatility makes him an easy choice.

2. Eddie Lacy RB Alabama - I really like this guy he has good speed and he is a tough back. He is not afraid to take a hit and is the type of back that will bounce of tackles. If he comes out this year I see him going in the 2nd round

3. Ryan Swope WR Texas AM – I really haven’t seen a ton of his most current stuff but, I did watch some highlights of him from last season and, I really like what I saw. He isn’t the flashiest guy on the field but, he catches everything that is within his reach, he has good break-away speed and can create some separation. Like I said I don’t know much more about him but, this just adds another name to the list of possibles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Ok like Wis said this is very very very earlier for me to put anything together but here is a quick one.

1. Barrett Jones OL Alabama - at first I wasn't even going to put up a 1st round pick because right now I have no idea who would be ideal in the first round for the area we would be picking in. However, if anything I think more OL help wouldn't hurt and Jones versatility makes him an easy choice.

2. Eddie Lacy RB Alabama - I really like this guy he has good speed and he is a tough back. He is not afraid to take a hit and is the type of back that will bounce of tackles. If he comes out this year I see him going in the 2nd round

3. Ryan Swope WR Texas AM Ė I really havenít seen a ton of his most current stuff but, I did watch some highlights of him from last season and, I really like what I saw. He isnít the flashiest guy on the field but, he catches everything that is within his reach, he has good break-away speed and can create some separation. Like I said I donít know much more about him but, this just adds another name to the list of possibles.
    I like Swope but his ceiling seems pretty blah.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I like Swope but his ceiling seems pretty blah.
    like I said he isn't flashy but he has speed and can catch anything. I think his ceiling could be a 2 on some teams right now.

vCash
    like I said he isn't flashy but he has speed and can catch anything. I think his ceiling could be a 2 on some teams right now.
    I'm greedy, I'm looking for that body type that can become a STUD #1 if we get lucky.

That's all I'm saying. I don't clearly see where Swope fits.

vCash
    I'm greedy, I'm looking for that body type that can become a STUD #1 if we get lucky.

well if you look at what we are gonna have next season if Jennings doesn't resign and Driver isn't resigned or retires than it would look like

Jordy
    James
    Cobb
    Boykin

Jordy could easily be the number 1 and if James and Randall play next year like they are this year they could easily flip flop 2 and 3. I like Boykin but, I don't know if he is suited to be the number 4 right now so I am looking at Swope in the 3rd or 4th round to be our number 4.

vCash
    well if you look at what we are gonna have next season if Jennings doesn't resign and Driver isn't resigned or retires than it would look like

Jordy
    James
    Cobb
    Boykin

Jordy could easily be the number 1 and if James and Randall play next year like they are this year they could easily flip flop 2 and 3. I like Boykin but, I don't know if he is suited to be the number 4 right now so I am looking at Swope in the 3rd or 4th round to be our number 4.
    That makes sense I suppose. Just not sure he's my type if we/when we let Jennings go.

vCash
    That makes sense I suppose. Just not sure he's my type if we/when we let Jennings go.
    like I said this is a very very early 3 round mock just wait til it gets closer my opinions change a lot lol

vCash

Look up that Patterson kid I put in my mock. I think you'll really like him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast