100. You may not vote on this poll
  • He sucks and needs to GTFO

74 74.00%
  • Keep him, he is an important part of our team

26 26.00%
Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    Bynum really emerged last year as the offensive force. The previous year he was only averaging 7 shots per game and missed more than 25 games of the season. So yes Gasol was at his best when he was not playing with such an offensive minded center.
    Except Dwight is getting even less shots than Bynum did last year. Bynum is (was?) the better/more polished offensive player (in comparison to Dwight), and Pau had no trouble playing with him last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    Gasol plays best as a center and best when paired up with a PF with range ie. Odom

Gasol and Valanciunas would not be a good pairing at all. Both like to play close to the rim. It will be redundant like having Amir Johnson and Ed Davis playing together. I do not know how people cannot see that

And he won't help Valanciunas with his game. He will take away from it because Gasol is not as much of a jump shooter as Bargnani.

Valanciunas needs a PF that can space the floor and so does Dwight Howard. Gasol does not space the floor well which is why we have been seeing Jamison getting more minutes. D'Antoni said so himself that Jamison spreads the floor better than Gasol

I do not know why people can see Gasol is an option. If he is having a problem paired up with the best defensive center in the league, how much of a problem is he going to have with rookie Valanciunas? And like I said, he will only hinder Valanciunas because their games are too similar and neither have a jump shot that can space the floor, which is why Gasol is struggling with Howard, because Howard plays close to the rim
    he's not having a problem. and i pretty much disagree with everything you have said in this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    That's a surprise, to me he appeared to attack the rim & get to the FT line last year more than ever. He also appeared to set up on the low block more often than behind the arc..

Guess I'm wrong.
    2010-2011
    45% of his shot attempts were from 16 feet and out (16 feet to 3pt+3pt and out).

2011-2012
    54%

2012-2013
    54% once again.

I think he seems to be taking more long 2s and 3s this season because he's shooting a slightly higher percentage 16 feet and out and a drastically lower percentage 15 feet and in this season than his last two seasons.

For example, he shot 49% in 2010-2011 15 feet and in, 51.2% in 2011-2012 but is currently shooting 43.3% this season. As well he shot 38.7% in 2010-2011 16 feet and out, 35% in 2011-2012 but is currently shooting 39% this season.

vCash
    Gasol plays best as a center and best when paired up with a PF with range ie. Odom

Gasol and Valanciunas would not be a good pairing at all. Both like to play close to the rim. It will be redundant like having Amir Johnson and Ed Davis playing together. I do not know how people cannot see that

And he won't help Valanciunas with his game. He will take away from it because Gasol is not as much of a jump shooter as Bargnani.

Valanciunas needs a PF that can space the floor and so does Dwight Howard. Gasol does not space the floor well which is why we have been seeing Jamison getting more minutes. D'Antoni said so himself that Jamison spreads the floor better than Gasol

I do not know why people can see Gasol is an option. If he is having a problem paired up with the best defensive center in the league, how much of a problem is he going to have with rookie Valanciunas? And like I said, he will only hinder Valanciunas because their games are too similar and neither have a jump shot that can space the floor, which is why Gasol is struggling with Howard, because Howard plays close to the rim
    You do realize that you don't need a 7 footer than can shoot 3s to be able to spread the floor. A player that has a good back to the basket game can spread the floor as effectively if not more effectively than a player perimeter big man (especially if they're a great passer as well).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    2010-2011
    45% of his shot attempts were from 16 feet and out (16 feet to 3pt+3pt and out).

2011-2012
    54%

2012-2013
    54% once again.

I think he seems to be taking more long 2s and 3s this season because he's shooting a slightly higher percentage 16 feet and out and a drastically lower percentage 15 feet and in this season than his last two seasons.

For example, he shot 49% in 2010-2011 15 feet and in, 51.2% in 2011-2012 but is currently shooting 43.3% this season. As well he shot 38.7% in 2010-2011 16 feet and out, 35% in 2011-2012 but is currently shooting 39% this season.
    Where do you find this information?

What percentage of his shots were in the 18 foot range apposed to 22 foot range.

16-20 apposed to 20 & out last season & this season?.

vCash
    Pau Gasol would be a massive upgrade at PF for this team. Does everything better than Bargs.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Where do you find this information?

What percentage of his shots were in the 18 foot range apposed to 22 foot range.

16-20 apposed to 20 & out last season & this season?.
    Go to basketball-reference and click Shooting[+].

vCash
    You do realize that you don't need a 7 footer than can shoot 3s to be able to spread the floor. A player that has a good back to the basket game can spread the floor as effectively if not more effectively than a player perimeter big man (especially if they're a great passer as well).
    you do realize i said jump shooting and gave examples like Antawn Jamison who is not a 3pt bigman

and that is fine if gasol can spread the floor with his back to the basket game but he is not going to see that much with Howard on the floor

and to continue on with his back to the basket game, that will take away from valanciunas, just like how Howard is taking away from Gasol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Except Dwight is getting even less shots than Bynum did last year. Bynum is (was?) the better/more polished offensive player (in comparison to Dwight), and Pau had no trouble playing with him last year.
    yeah Pau had no problems with Bynum but Gasol played his best when Bynum was out

vCash
    Go to basketball-reference and click Shooting[+].
    They don't break it down just reference 16 & out.

I believe last year he operated between 15 & 18 feet

This year he's operating between 20-25 feet.

vCash
    you do realize i said jump shooting and gave examples like Antawn Jamison who is not a 3pt bigman

and that is fine if gasol can spread the floor with his back to the basket game but he is not going to see that much with Howard on the floor

and to continue on with his back to the basket game, that will take away from valanciunas, just like how Howard is taking away from Gasol
    but it's not taking away from Gasol's game!!!! where are you getting this?

and Pau Gasol is a perfectly capable mid-range shooter

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    We are talking about offensive production from gasol here. Gasol was nowhere near as good when Bynum emerged as the star centre last season. That is obvious. I think we are debating different things here.

vCash

It's called a hyperbole.

How will it take away from Valanciunas? How many of his FGAs are isolation plays versus hustle plays?

If anything, with Gasol's passing ability, Valanciunas will greatly benefit from Gasol's back to the basket play.

vCash
    It's called a hyperbole.

How will it take away from Valanciunas? How many of his FGAs are isolation plays versus hustle plays?

If anything, with Gasol's passing ability, Valanciunas will greatly benefit from Gasol's back to the basket play.
    qft.

pau gasol is versatile, skilled, and intelligent. those arguing against him are simply trying to justify the existence of a bargnani/valanciunas front court. except if it was a system worth duplicating it would be working much better for us..

vCash
    They don't break it down just reference 16 & out.

I believe last year he operated between 15 & 18 feet

This year he's operating between 20-25 feet.
    His shooting splits are similar throughout the 3 seasons. If he was attempting more shots this season between 20-25 feet, he would be shooting at a lower percentage than in previous seasons. Yet, it's more or less the same.

Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast