100. You may not vote on this poll
  • He sucks and needs to GTFO

74 74.00%
  • Keep him, he is an important part of our team

26 26.00%
Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    It's also the reason I think Gasol would struggle here.
    huh? what reason are you referring to..
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Both are shooting 42 & 41% respectively. One would assume with more defensive pressure & increased volume Gasol numbers could get worse.

One could also assume with the attention Howard/Kobe receive Bargnani would be more open than he's ever been.
    Yeah because Gasol has never shot over 50% or averaged over 20 PER as the no.1 option before.

Gasol is shooting a lower percentage because he's being utilized incorrectly. While Gasol does have the range to spread the floor, he's more effective as a back to the basket player. But both Brown and D'Antoni are utilizing him as a floor spreader.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i don't remember where i read that since Brown was fired Pau Gasol has gone from 12% of his shots are long 2's to 30%. that would certainly affect his shooting.
    Bargnani was moved out from 15 & in last season to beyond the arc to open the court for Lowry. Agree usage plays a factor. It should factor for both players.

How do you think Casey would utilize Gasol if he didn't want Bargnani 15 & in?.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick O View Post
    this is off topic but i read all your posts in a philosopher's voice .... i rather enjoy them
    maybe that's why me and B2B have such great back and forths - the philosopher vs the chemist. bhaha

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Wasn't referring to his career, he's currently shooting 42% whether anyone considers 14 games a large enough sample.

Keep in mind I think he's on a decline. Others think he's the same player he used to be.
    Personally I think he continues to have difficulty playing in a system where he is relegated to the third option on offense. I think it would not be nearly as bad of a situation for him if he was not playing with such an elite center in Dwight who commands the ball on the offensive end. Gasol was at his best when he was the primary offensive option in the post and if he was provided that opportunity again, I believe he would flourish once more.

vCash
    Bargnani was moved out from 15 & in last season to beyond the arc to open the court for Lowry. Agree usage plays a factor. It should factor for both players.

This is not true. 30% of Andrea's FG attempts last season were from 16 ft and out. This season? 27%.

Under Triano? 26%.

Same ****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    huh? what reason are you referring to..
    "Both are shooting 42 & 41% respectively. One would assume with more defensive pressure & increased volume Gasol numbers could get worse.

One could also assume with the attention Howard/Kobe receive Bargnani would be more open than he's ever been."

You think Bargnani would benefit with the Lakers, I think Gasol would suffer on the Raptors.

vCash

agree - in a sense. but Bargnani's derives his value from shooting outside and Gasol does not. so I don't necessarily feel like Bargnani is being penalized by his use.

but i don't even agree really that Bargnani is being used differently by design, i think he's not the priority within the offense he was. if Gasol came here and Casey was using him like the 3rd option then the bigger question is why the heck is this man a head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    Personally I think he continues to have difficulty playing in a system where he is relegated to the third option on offense. I think it would not be nearly as bad of a situation for him if he was not playing with such an elite center in Dwight who commands the ball on the offensive end. Gasol was at his best when he was the primary offensive option in the post and if he was provided that opportunity again, I believe he would flourish once more.
    What?

Did you forget he played with arguable a more offensively gifted C in Bynum the last few years? Bynum took about the same number of shots per game as Pau last year and Pau still had a good year.

vCash
    "Both are shooting 42 & 41% respectively. One would assume with more defensive pressure & increased volume Gasol numbers could get worse.

One could also assume with the attention Howard/Kobe receive Bargnani would be more open than he's ever been."

You think Bargnani would benefit with the Lakers, I think Gasol would suffer on the Raptors.
    ok but why... i don't see how the post you responded too indicated why he should suffer here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    This is not true. 30% of Andrea's FG attempts last season were from 16 ft and out. This season? 27%.

Under Triano? 26%.

Same ****.
    That's a surprise, to me he appeared to attack the rim & get to the FT line last year more than ever. He also appeared to set up on the low block more often than behind the arc..

Guess I'm wrong.

vCash
    Need to finish paint my house, we'll pick up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    What?

Did you forget he played with arguable a more offensively gifted C in Bynum the last few years? Bynum took about the same number of shots per game as Pau last year and Pau still had a good year.
    Bynum really emerged last year as the offensive force. The previous year he was only averaging 7 shots per game and missed more than 25 games of the season. So yes Gasol was at his best when he was not playing with such an offensive minded center.

vCash
    Gasol plays best as a center and best when paired up with a PF with range ie. Odom

Gasol and Valanciunas would not be a good pairing at all. Both like to play close to the rim. It will be redundant like having Amir Johnson and Ed Davis playing together. I do not know how people cannot see that

And he won't help Valanciunas with his game. He will take away from it because Gasol is not as much of a jump shooter as Bargnani.

Valanciunas needs a PF that can space the floor and so does Dwight Howard. Gasol does not space the floor well which is why we have been seeing Jamison getting more minutes. D'Antoni said so himself that Jamison spreads the floor better than Gasol

I do not know why people can see Gasol is an option. If he is having a problem paired up with the best defensive center in the league, how much of a problem is he going to have with rookie Valanciunas? And like I said, he will only hinder Valanciunas because their games are too similar and neither have a jump shot that can space the floor, which is why Gasol is struggling with Howard, because Howard plays close to the rim

vCash
    3 way trade where we get a dynamic SF in return. Not gasol

Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast