Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Stay or GTFO

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • He sucks and needs to GTFO

    74 74.00%
  • Keep him, he is an important part of our team

    26 26.00%
Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 955
  1. #766
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick O View Post
    would he if he were here?
    good question. no way to know really. i don't think that's an issue. he's not ready to be taking on a prominent role in the offense. i'm more interested personally in him having a partner in the paint that will be able to give him some support defensively and take a little of the load off.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  2. #767
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,450
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Pau takes fewer shots per game than Bargnani does.
    Both are shooting 42 & 41% respectively. One would assume with more defensive pressure & increased volume Gasol numbers could get worse.

    One could also assume with the attention Howard/Kobe receive Bargnani would be more open than he's ever been.

  3. #768
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Don't consider a 32yo on a 2y contract no matter how talented opportunity when the team is this far from contention, even if he's everything you say he will be.

    Opportunity IMO is finding a 3rd team to get either picks or a young SF, do that then I'm on board.
    look, i love Bargnani in the right role. and you know i've always been a Calderon fan. but buying low on future hall of famer is an opportunity. that's fine if you don't think it makes sense for the team right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  4. #769
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Both are shooting 42 & 41% respectively. One would assume with more defensive pressure & increased volume Gasol numbers could get worse.

    One could also assume with the attention Howard/Kobe receive Bargnani would be more open than he's ever been.
    exactly why i think he's an attractive option for them!

    but once again you are ignoring the first 800 games of his career in favor of the last 14.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  5. #770
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,450
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    look, i love Bargnani in the right role. and you know i've always been a Calderon fan. but buying low on future hall of famer is an opportunity. that's fine if you don't think it makes sense for the team right now.
    It's an opportunity if he increases his play & is eventually flipped for more value.

    If the team doesn't flip Gasol he's not going to resign here at 34.

  6. #771
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,450
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    exactly why i think he's an attractive option for them!

    but once again you are ignoring the first 800 games of his career in favor of the last 14.
    It's also the reason I think Gasol would struggle here.

  7. #772
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,450
    vCash
    1500
    I'm also not forgetting his career for a small sample size, just not ignoring it.

  8. #773
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    If the team doesn't flip Gasol he's not going to resign here at 34.
    this statement doesn't warrant a real response. you don't know this.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  9. #774
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Don't consider a 32yo on a 2y contract no matter how talented opportunity when the team is this far from contention, even if he's everything you say he will be.

    Opportunity IMO is finding a 3rd team to get either picks or a young SF, do that then I'm on board.

    An Lakers fans thought of this trade yesterday

    Pau + Blake (you guys need a backup to Lowry, no?) + Clark (expiring 1M) + Ebanks (expiring 1M) for Calderon + Bargs + Landry Fields.
    I do that deal just to get rid of Fields, (who played well under D'Antoni in NYK dont forget).

    Flip Pau to OKC for for our pick+ fillers, or to San Antonio for Leonard+ fillers.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

  10. #775
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    Posts
    11,207
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Both are shooting 42 & 41% respectively. One would assume with more defensive pressure & increased volume Gasol numbers could get worse.

    One could also assume with the attention Howard/Kobe receive Bargnani would be more open than he's ever been.
    thats not exactly true. Pau has had a great FG% for his career
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE


    BLUE JAYS

    twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

  11. #776
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,450
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    this statement doesn't warrant a real response. you don't know this.
    I don't.

  12. #777
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    Posts
    11,207
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    good question. no way to know really. i don't think that's an issue. he's not ready to be taking on a prominent role in the offense. i'm more interested personally in him having a partner in the paint that will be able to give him some support defensively and take a little of the load off.
    this is off topic but i read all your posts in a philosopher's voice .... i rather enjoy them
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE


    BLUE JAYS

    twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

  13. #778
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,450
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    An Lakers fans thought of this trade yesterday



    I do that deal just to get rid of Fields, (who played well under D'Antoni in NYK dont forget).

    Flip Pau to OKC for for our pick+ fillers, or to San Antonio for Leonard+ fillers.
    I prefer this route to a direct trade.

  14. #779
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    I'm also not forgetting his career for a small sample size, just not ignoring it.
    i don't remember where i read that since Brown was fired Pau Gasol has gone from 12% of his shots are long 2's to 30%. that would certainly affect his shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  15. #780
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,450
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick O View Post
    thats not exactly true. Pau has had a great FG% for his career
    Wasn't referring to his career, he's currently shooting 42% whether anyone considers 14 games a large enough sample.

    Keep in mind I think he's on a decline. Others think he's the same player he used to be.

Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •