View Poll Results: Stay or GTFO

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • He sucks and needs to GTFO

74 74.00%
  • Keep him, he is an important part of our team

26 26.00%
Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Gasol is a much better rebounder, defender (he allows a lower PER at his position; 13 vs Andrea's 20), play maker (fits the motion offence better) and has a higher IQ than Andrea (fewer wasted possessions). We would have much more efficient possessions under Gasol and considering how close some of our games have been, these changes would have been significant.

Would we make playoffs? Maybe, maybe not but we'll have a much easier time doing it under Gasol than with Andrea.
    well yesterday andrea had a better game than gasol has had all season and we still lost to the pistons... so ya gasol is an upgrade but that just goes to show that we need alot more then a bit of an upgrade at PF to contend for the playoffs.. the whole team and the teams management is an issue... theres alot to work on and Gasol isnt the answer.. AND to be honest. yes. its a bit of personal thing.. despite his inefficiencies and all the hate he recieves Andrea is still my favorite player on the raptors.. i think most fans can understand the fact that parting with a favorite isnt something they necessarily want.. it isnt logical but hey...
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    NO i personally think we should go back to old trade rumors and try and trade him for rudy gay. Rudy is someone we could use and feed from more so then the magician . Big val is so much better the the magician in my opinion we could get rudy for cheap .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamison23 View Post
    NO i personally think we should go back to old trade rumors and try and trade him for rudy gay. Rudy is someone we could use and feed from more so then the magician . Big val is so much better the the magician in my opinion we could get rudy for cheap .
    the magician?

BLUE JAYS

twitter

vCash
    Yes because a 9-2 team is going to trade one of their main contributors for 'cheap'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Yes because a 9-2 team is going to trade one of their main contributors for 'cheap'.
    Blah Blah blah, Memphis Grizzlies are cheap, blah blah blah Rudy gay is overpaid, That's the only argument your probably going to get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick O View Post
    the magician?
    Il mago?

I thought you were his biggest "fan"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Il mago?

I thought you were his biggest "fan"
    ive just never heard anyone refer to him as the magician... in english anyway

BLUE JAYS

twitter

vCash
    idk I personally dont think getting rid of him for nothing or for cheap is just panic mode and disaster ready to happen. he dose have heart and loyalty whitch alot of people dont have his problem is he plays for a city called toronto dont get me wrong im all toronto argos,leafs,jays,raps but the fan base is waaay to hard on the players and the media rips them new *** holes hard to focus with all that around but to get rid of andrea for a top player would be ok but for nothing is dumb and to panic mode IMO

vCash
    idk I personally dont think getting rid of him for nothing or for cheap is just panic mode and disaster ready to happen. he dose have heart and loyalty whitch alot of people dont have his problem is he plays for a city called toronto dont get me wrong im all toronto argos,leafs,jays,raps but the fan base is waaay to hard on the players and the media rips them new *** holes hard to focus with all that around but to get rid of andrea for a top player would be ok but for nothing is dumb and to panic mode IMO
    bolded part... true.

BLUE JAYS

twitter

vCash
    Am I the only one who thinks that we are better off without Bargnani in our starting line up? I think he's holding this team back. Sure he can score at a very low percentage, but other guys will get more touches and we will be a lot better off defensively, the team offense can adapt without Bargnani IMO. If we can get some decent pieces for him in return I would be greatful. Lowry, DD, ???, Amir, JV. would be better than any line up we cann put with Bargs. Bargs too inconsistent, doesn't hit clutch buckets, doesn't even avg 6 rpg sometimes, he's just a chucker on a bad team.

IMO bargs is kinda like spencer hawes a versatile big man that can score, someone who would be better off coming off the bench.

vCash
    I haven't watched a single raptor game last year, previous year I watched every one. This team is too dissapointing. BC and Bargnani are the reason why this team sucked and continues to suck. For years on this forum I've been lobbying for Bargs to get traded, even if he has no value, just trade him for a expiring contract and a pick then sign someone in the offseason. Bargnani is easily replacable because to be honest he isn't even that good of a starter in the nba. Once he gets off the raptors team, he will be bounced around the league I bet.

vCash
    Cant believe people are actually arguing that Gasol wouldnt improve this team or make this team better.

I dont even know how it got to Gasol and Andrea but I would do that trade any minute. Let Gasol get his 20 and 10 and then ship him off next year or at this deadline for a younger player.

vCash
    Gasol is putting up 13.4 & 9.1 in 36 mins on 42% shooting on a talented roster that demands attention.

Bargnani is putting up 18.7 & 4.5 in 34 mins on 41% after a very slow start on a roster that's getting no production from SF.

If Gasol was capable of 20 & 10 still, Lakers would not be trading him for what people here consider a 6th man at best.

This Raptors team already lacks 3 point shooting from the guard position,

Bargnani is .379 vs Gasol .333 from 3, so the team would be downgrading further from distance, though improving on the boards. Considering most on the team outside of Bargnani are strong rebounders I would say his 3 point shooting would be missed.

That said, Assuming Gasol has more value around the league, I'm good with flipping him for a young SF.

vCash
    As mentioned I'm not against trading Bargnani, I'm against the thought process that Bargnani is the problem on a team who's starting SF average 2 ppg through 5 games.

Considering how close most the games have been, any resemblance of production from SF would have made a difference to record..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wise 1 View Post
    Cant believe people are actually arguing that Gasol wouldnt improve this team or make this team better.

I dont even know how it got to Gasol and Andrea but I would do that trade any minute. Let Gasol get his 20 and 10 and then ship him off next year or at this deadline for a younger player.
    not just better but considerable better. this team has played better than it's record. there is no reason to think this team will continue to win 3 out of every 13 games. they've been right there in just about all of them. there is absolutely no doubt in my mind if you can swap bargnani and calderon for Gasol this team makes the playoffs. as a 7 or 8 seed but still.

Andrea fills D'Antoni's hard on for players that can catch and shoot those beautiful nash passes from all over the court. he's a perfect fit for that system. add calderon and the salaries match too, and Calderon to the Lakers has been suggested it seems on a yearly basis lol. so i can see this being a real option for both sides. all 3 players have seemingly overstayed their welcome and would probably welcome a change of scenery as well. and the kicker is Colangelo is in a contract year so he might be desperate to make a move to save his job haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast