100. You may not vote on this poll
  • He sucks and needs to GTFO

74 74.00%
  • Keep him, he is an important part of our team

26 26.00%
Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Last year Bargnani's best stretch of ball came with them moving him in from the 3 point line, slower pace & more offensive structure.

With the acquisition of Lowry, they increased the pace for a free flowing offence made to suit Lowry, who I shouldn't have to point out has been injured for the past several games slotting Calderon into this role.

DeRozan is benefiting from this change, Bargnani isn't. I was expecting Lowry to fit last years offence, not for the team to change it to fit Lowry.

That said, if they continue & Bargnani cannot adjust, I'm in for bringing him off the bench.
    Why are you surprised? He said he was going to instill a motion offence during the press conference when he was hired. He later realized how dire our defence was and said that he'll instill a motion offence when we learn how to play defence. With management targeting Lowry and Nash it was a no-brainer we were absolutely transitioning to a motion offence this year.

The problem is that B.C probably didn't count on his additions to be so lackluster.

vCash
    that's no good. the only motion Andrea knows is the free-throw motion.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    that's no good. the only motion Andrea knows is the free-throw motion.
    Yup BC definitely didn't set this team up to succeed.

With the lack of playmaking and scoring from our wing and post players, the motion offence isn't going to look very good. I guess BC thought that Landry Fields could be that glue guy that does a little bit of everything and makes timely shots but that's clearly not working out.

vCash
    Landry can still be solid, but I'd prefer if he wasn't the starting SF. Bargnani also isn't going to work on this team because the offense isn't built for his style of play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Landry can still be solid, but I'd prefer if he wasn't the starting SF. Bargnani also isn't going to work on this team because the offense isn't built for his style of play.
    If he was a smarter player, this type of offense would actually benefit him. I have yet to see a motion offence result in the regression of a stretch big.

Landry can be a solid player and could eventually be a solid contributor to the motion offence but at this point I just can't see it. Andrei Kirilenko would have been a better fit.
    Last edited by Freakazoid; 11-18-2012 at 03:41 PM.

vCash
    It's true he isn't the brightest player.

But I think he's too lazy to constantly work in the offense for 36 mins a game.

vCash
    It's true he isn't the brightest player.

But I think he's too lazy to constantly work in the offense for 36 mins a game.
    Which is why the team either needs to move on or bench him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Which is why the team either needs to move on or bench him.
    If BC got a deal he likes, he'd probably be willing to trade his prized possession. But he's not going to give away a talented player for a downgrade when he doesn't really need to.

vCash
    interesting though that you bring out the fantasy team line though, when i'm presenting team chemistry as my argument and you are using the "20 points OMG" argument.
    I said nothing about "20 points OMG". Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that he's on the floor to score.

The fantasy league comment refers not to what's happening on the floor; it refers to the fact that you don't just magically log on to PSD as a pro GM and get some 14 year old to trade you their best player for the guy you want to get rid of.

vCash
    If BC got a deal he likes, he'd probably be willing to trade his prized possession. But he's not going to give away a talented player for a downgrade when he doesn't really need to.
    Yup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Well said. How frugal to say this but our star and savior is wearing street clothes and the future is still a rookie.

Sad isn't it?
    Well I think have known for the last couple of seasons that none of our roster was what you could safely call "core" players. Decent to good complementary players, but not players to build around. I'm not even sure JV and Lowry are tbh. It's early for JV and Lowry is looking like he plans to live in the infirmary until his contract is up with us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I said nothing about "20 points OMG". Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that he's on the floor to score.

The fantasy league comment refers not to what's happening on the floor; it refers to the fact that you don't just magically log on to PSD as a pro GM and get some 14 year old to trade you their best player for the guy you want to get rid of.
    that's fine but it has nothing to do with us since neither of us suggested trading him right now.

but if you are such an advocate of having Bargnani as a 6th man as you claim, obviously you feel that he would be a better player in that position. so if it's better for the team than what's the holdup? would he, or would he not, in your opinion, be a better performer in that role? and thus more valuable to the team?

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    that's fine but it has nothing to do with us since neither of us suggested trading him right now.
    Neither trading or 6th man is really feasible at this point. To think otherwise is the same as logging on to PSD etc ...

but if you are such an advocate of having Bargnani as a 6th man as you claim, obviously you feel that he would be a better player in that position. so if it's better for the team than what's the holdup? would he, or would he not, in your opinion, be a better performer in that role? and thus more valuable to the team?
    I've explained that above. Of course he would be better in that role. I was the first on this forum to say he would be and I stand by it. But that doesn't mean it would work for the team, for the talent, and for the roles they are trying to develop.

Like it or not, Bargnani is central to this team's offence.

I said it when they hired Casey and you disagreed, but it's clear that DC sees possibilities for using Bargnani in a similar fashion to the way Dirk is used in DAL. Unfortunately they have/had Shawn Marion at the pivotal SF spot and we have Fields/Maguire/Kleiza. Among other differences in talent between the two teams ...

vCash
    lol for all you in favor of tradin bargs we will never get back full value for that guy........and personally once lowry is back he should play more relaxed......to do what he does at the 4 spot with that height, ball handling is rare. I think the organization realizes he isn't gettin more then 5 rebounds a game thats why jonas is in there and he's playin 4....................it's funny the same people saying trade him, will be the same one saying keep him when he becomes consistent. I think this year that Bargnani actually has a decent team around him and not requried to be that 25pt, 10 rebound guy rather 22 point 5 rebound guy.....I think Lowry makes a big difference for this team because we are no longer getting broken down every play at the point and bargs isn't in there trying to protect the rim...............look at hibbert from allstar last year he's playing pretty garbage i don't think it's fair to start trying to trade him......yall need to chilax it's an adjustment process for everyone...but i do agree with that dude above Bargnani is a central part of this offence not too sure about having him take the game winning shot but he's crucial.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Neither trading or 6th man is really feasible at this point. To think otherwise is the same as logging on to PSD etc ...

I've explained that above. Of course he would be better in that role. I was the first on this forum to say he would be and I stand by it. But that doesn't mean it would work for the team, for the talent, and for the roles they are trying to develop.

Like it or not, Bargnani is central to this team's offence.

I said it when they hired Casey and you disagreed, but it's clear that DC sees possibilities for using Bargnani in a similar fashion to the way Dirk is used in DAL. Unfortunately they have/had Shawn Marion at the pivotal SF spot and we have Fields/Maguire/Kleiza. Among other differences in talent between the two teams ...
    The way he is playing he is a net negative on the court right now. And yet moving him to a role we both agree he would be better at isn't feasible. I wish I could straddle the fence like you do on most issues but i just can't. First to say he should be a sixth man? bah!

Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast