View Poll Results: Stay or GTFO

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • He sucks and needs to GTFO

74 74.00%
  • Keep him, he is an important part of our team

26 26.00%
Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    He has never even been in the top 50...
    the beginning of last year he was... same with 2010... 22 and 5 shooting 45% is top 50....
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick O View Post
    or you can just.. not answer it?
    I haven't answered the poll question but many people will just answer whatever is closer to their view even if it is fairly different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    So BC's entertainment value is what you like? It's true, that has kept him in a job for quite a while but I prefer the entertainment to be on the court (which he has done a piss poor job at).
    I do too but I don't think he'll be fired anytime soon. I'll certainly welcome a change in management. His protege Massai is doing fairly well.

vCash
    get phil jackson to come couch this team and pay him whatever he wants. he'll get bargs moving! if he can't nobody can.

vCash
    Havent seen a game because im overseas, but it looks like he hasnt been playing well.

Anybody want to give me the rundown on how we are doing and the players. Lowry hurt and Jose is back where it seems he will always be lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wise 1 View Post
    Havent seen a game because im overseas, but it looks like he hasnt been playing well.

Anybody want to give me the rundown on how we are doing and the players. Lowry hurt and Jose is back where it seems he will always be lol.
    Here is my take:

-Lowry- was beasting the first few games before the injury like everyone anticipated. Scoring (71 points), rebounding (22), defending (11 steals). He is looking like a true leader.

-Derozan- Is looking a lot more complete offensively this season. Still working on his 3pt shot, but it is looking better imo. His mid range game is solid, he is using screens and going to the hole,they run a couple back screen plays for alley oops almost every game it is is almost always open. (and to be honest should probably be used even more). So far he is playing like an 8-10M/yr player..

Bargnani- His effort has been good on the defensive end, and at times he has really gone after some rebounds. The last couple games though he has looked a lot better offensively. He is finding the open man and the ball has been moving a lot better. (where as before if he got the ball you knew a shot was coming..) I want to see this Bargnani playing with Kyle Lowry.

Calderon- he is shooting the ball great...like usual he should probably be a little more aggressive in that regard. However, in his 4 starts since Kyle went down he has had 2 double-doubles and a triple-double. Possible 6th man of the year candidate imo if Kyle can stay healthy most of the season to keep him from starting

Valuncunias- He works hard, but he is getting into foul trouble a lot and doesn't get to play starter like minutes yet. He rebounds very well, and looks like he is going to be a very effective post scorer once he gains a little more strength. Still a little over matched physically by some of the 7'0, 280 lb NBA centers, but he looks like he will be a quick learner.

Amir- looks stronger physically this year, and he is getting a lot more comfortable playing pick and pop to compliment his pick and roll game to keep defenders honest.

Ed Davis- His shot is MUCH improved compared to last season. Hasn't gotten to play much behind JV,Bargnani and Amir..but he is definitely developing his offensive game.

Kleiza- had some "personal issues" back home and didn't get to play until November 10th against Philly. Had 17 points off the bench in the 2nd quarter against the Jazz in his second game back.

Fields- probably one of the most over paid players in the NBA so far this season...but it turns out he was playing through issues with his right hand. He can rebound, put it on the floor, finish above the rim, move without the ball....he just just can't hit shots. If he gets fixed and returns to the shooter he was in college and his rookie year he will be a solid player...but he struggled badly to begin the season..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post

Fields- probably one of the most over paid players in the NBA so far this season...but it turns out he was playing through issues with his right hand. He can rebound, put it on the floor, finish above the rim, move without the ball....he just just can't hit shots. If he gets fixed and returns to the shooter he was in college and his rookie year he will be a solid player...but he struggled badly to begin the season..
    and he struggled all of last season lol but we can all hope right?

vCash
    Here is my take:

-Lowry- was beasting the first few games before the injury like everyone anticipated. Scoring (71 points), rebounding (22), defending (11 steals). He is looking like a true leader.

-Derozan- Is looking a lot more complete offensively this season. Still working on his 3pt shot, but it is looking better imo. His mid range game is solid, he is using screens and going to the hole,they run a couple back screen plays for alley oops almost every game it is is almost always open. (and to be honest should probably be used even more). So far he is playing like an 8-10M/yr player..

Bargnani- His effort has been good on the defensive end, and at times he has really gone after some rebounds. The last couple games though he has looked a lot better offensively. He is finding the open man and the ball has been moving a lot better. (where as before if he got the ball you knew a shot was coming..) I want to see this Bargnani playing with Kyle Lowry.

Calderon- he is shooting the ball great...like usual he should probably be a little more aggressive in that regard. However, in his 4 starts since Kyle went down he has had 2 double-doubles and a triple-double. Possible 6th man of the year candidate imo if Kyle can stay healthy most of the season to keep him from starting

Valuncunias- He works hard, but he is getting into foul trouble a lot and doesn't get to play starter like minutes yet. He rebounds very well, and looks like he is going to be a very effective post scorer once he gains a little more strength. Still a little over matched physically by some of the 7'0, 280 lb NBA centers, but he looks like he will be a quick learner.

Amir- looks stronger physically this year, and he is getting a lot more comfortable playing pick and pop to compliment his pick and roll game to keep defenders honest.

Ed Davis- His shot is MUCH improved compared to last season. Hasn't gotten to play much behind JV,Bargnani and Amir..but he is definitely developing his offensive game.

Kleiza- had some "personal issues" back home and didn't get to play until November 10th against Philly. Had 17 points off the bench in the 2nd quarter against the Jazz in his second game back.

Well since everybody is playing so great in your opinion why are they 2-6?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Well since everybody is playing so great in your opinion why are they 2-6?
    if you have been watching the games closely, you would know the record is deceiving

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick O View Post
    they were winnable with andrea.. and to say he lost us those games is beyond idiotic.. i just find it so funny that there are so many problems with this team yet everyone blames all of them on andrea... no hes not playing well but this team has so many problems its crazy.. and no one thinks you're cool with your stats...
    the equivalent of neener neener neener
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Chisholm seems to think he'll be traded.
    i never understood why people think BC is so attached to Bargnani

BC has traded main guys in the past, Kidd and Marbury are examples

I don't think he will let his pride get in the way, as much as people think

vCash
    Here is my take:

Haha, your being WAY too generous.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    i never understood why people think BC is so attached to Bargnani

BC has traded main guys in the past, Kidd and Marbury are examples

I don't think he will let his pride get in the way, as much as people think
    holding him this long has only exposed his flaws further. i think we need to keep him at this point and just use him differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Chisholm seems to think he'll be traded.
    To follow:

Bargnani is a relic of a different time in Raptor-land, a time when offensive prowess was valued above all else, a time when the team was defined by a different cast of characters and a different guiding philosophy. For fans, he is a nightly reminder of what this team is supposed to be moving away from. The club wants to be seen as a gritty, defence-first outfit that wins with heart and hustle, and Bargnani is simply the antithesis to that style. He no longer belongs. Like so many Raptors before him, he has teased fans with what he could be and has refused to live up to that standard.

Perhaps more than anything, that is the reason the Raptors have to trade Bargnani. They can no longer shrug their shoulders at players that don't work to max-out their talent. That can no longer be a defining characteristic of the club. They cited DeMar DeRozan's work ethic as a big reason why they felt obligated to extend his contract. They cited Jonas Valanciunas' heart and hustle as big factors in not only drafting him fifth but being willing to wait a year for his arrival. They love the intensity of guys like Kyle Lowry and Amir Johnson. Those guys represent what the club says it wants to be about, which by extension has to mean that Andrea Bargnani does not.

If this club is so eager to move into the next phase of their evolution, then they have to admit that those thirteen games didn't mean what they thought they did. They have to work to expunge from the roster the pieces that don't fit the personality that the team so desperately wants to adopt, and that that process has to start by - finally - moving Bargnani out of Toronto.
    http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/tim_chisholm/?id=409482

Good article. Check the link if people want to read the whole thing.

vCash
    The excuses for this guy are endless.

I just hope he puts together a string of 7 or 8 good games close to the deadline which increases his value. That way we can net a decent return and be rid of him once and for all.

Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast